ClubAdventist is back!

What meal did you eat as a kid that...

Stan

• Moderators

Just about everything that I could not eat as a young child, I now eat as an adult.

However. as a young adult, eating for two (2) years in an Army  Mess hall, there are two items that I ended my Army life not wanting to eat.

1)  I can eat cornflakes, but I do not eat such.

2)  I have an extremely hard time with the goopy yellow (or grey) mustard that comes in a jar.   I do not mind the ground mustard that may be put into a baked item.  But, the stuff in a jar that you might spread on a sandwich is well beyond my ability to eat.

Gregory

• Administrators

beans and cornbread, i can eat cornbread, and i can eat beans, but not beans poured over cornbread... any more...

and i am just not sure why...

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

My mom used to make beef hash. She had this metal clamp looking thing that clamped down on the table, and we would put the meat and onions and whatnot into the top of it and turn the crank and it would grind together and come out of the side. While I thought the process was fun, I didn't really care for the end result and I haven't eaten it since leaving home. In fact, I don't think she makes it anymore. What was really bad, was one time I took my daughter into an antique store and there was one of those metal clamps (I don't know what they are called) on one of the shelves. I picked it up and said, "This is not an antique I used one when I was a kid." then I looked at my daughter and said, "And if you know what is good for you, you won't say whatever it is you are thinking."  She speaks sarcasm, so I knew something was coming.

• Like 2

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

43 minutes ago, Liz said:

She had this metal clamp looking thing that clamped down on the table ...

there was one of those metal clamps (I don't know what they are called) ...

Does it look like one of these things?!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=meat+grinder

Oops! OP, cooked soybeans! Disgusting!

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

41 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

Does it look like one of these things?!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=meat+grinder

That's it!!! The first picture--meat grinder, well that's original. HAHA!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

I haven't eaten liver since I was a child. Nor have I drunk any cow milk straight (i.e. not with coffee, tea or coffee substitutes).

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

Any kind of meat.  When I was a little kit and sat around the dinning table, my sister asked me "do you know how this meat is made"? pointing to the beef dish.  I said I did not know. She said they cut opened the cow's head to make it.  Ever since then I never touched the meat.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Liz said:

My mom used to make beef hash. She had this metal clamp looking thing that clamped down on the table, and we would put the meat and onions and whatnot into the top of it and turn the crank and it would grind together and come out of the side. While I thought the process was fun, I didn't really care for the end result and I haven't eaten it since leaving home. In fact, I don't think she makes it anymore. What was really bad, was one time I took my daughter into an antique store and there was one of those metal clamps (I don't know what they are called) on one of the shelves. I picked it up and said, "This is not an antique I used one when I was a kid." then I looked at my daughter and said, "And if you know what is good for you, you won't say whatever it is you are thinking."  She speaks sarcasm, so I knew something was coming.

Yes, meat grinder. We had one, too. My dad used to hunt and they used that thing to make mooseburger.

What I have never eaten since I grew up is wor wonton soup. Dad used to have a Chinese salesman who knew the best Chinese restaurants in downtown Vancouver and he used to order wor wonton soup. I could never eat those rubbery octopus legs well enough.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

That and headcheese. While my folks did not (thankfully) use brains to make it, I still remember that gel.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Liver & onions were anathema.  Eating liver is like eating an oil filter.

Hominy didn't get real high marks either.

• Like 2

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Hominy, Turnips, Rutabagas, and Parsnips!  They have never settled well with me, and they still don't.   And though I used to eat meat as a child and a teen growing up, I don't eat it now.

SherryLee

3 hours ago, olger said:

Hated liver also. Even my dogs would turn down liver to eat a linkett! Linketts are good for training if you use food to train a dog.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members
11 hours ago, olger said:

That's an interesting way to put it!! Makes sense!!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

When I was real young, my mother would serve spinach and I wouldn't eat it, until one day a helper on the farm who worked for my grandfather observed me refusing to eat my spinach. He shook his head and said, "Son, don't you know that is what makes Popeye strong. Don't you want to be big and strong like him?" Well, I changed my mind about spinach and started eating it, and I'm in my 80's and still eat it; however, I still haven't achieved Popeye's status yet!!