ClubAdventist is back!

Another Female Ordained

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

See:

https://conversation.spectrummagazine.org/t/la-sierra-university-church-celebrates-ordination-of-beverly-maravilla/13743

Roberts made three presentations on behalf of the Southeastern California Conference leadership team. First, a Ministerial Credential with the following words: “This is to certify that Beverly N. Maravilla is an ordained minister in regular standing in the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is authorized to perform the duties of said office.” Signed by the officers of the Southeastern California Conference.

Next, a Certificate of Ordination, which stated: “To all who read these words, Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Be it known that Beverly N. Maravilla, having given satisfactory evidence of her calling to, and having accepted the sacred work of the Gospel Ministry, was ordained by the Southeastern California Conference of Seventh-day Adventists on June 24, 2017 in Riverside, California. Signed by Conference officers and many members of the La Sierra University Church community.

Finally, Roberts presented a Bible with Beverly’s name engraved on it.

• Like 1

Gregory

• Moderators

As most here probably know, I support the ordination of females.

I have also stated that  in some of the previous cases the females ordained were only ordained a Local Elders and therefore were not in violation of policy.

This case is to me a an ordination to that of SDA clergy and not that of a Local Elder.  NOTE:  I am  not saying that this is in violation of policy.

However, I do    have some concerns about this ordination.  The NAD has policy as to the educational requirements for ordination as clergy.  Exceptions are made on an individual basis, and I do support that.  But, it appears that  Beverly does not meet those standard educational requirements.

Under present SDA policy, she is likely to face limited employment opportunities as a SDA congregational pastor.  The time may come when she may want to consider transitioning to a Federal Chaplaincy.  She will be unable to do so, if I am correct as to her educational background.   

I can only hope that the SECC sponsors her to obtain the standard educational requirements,   here in the U.S. for employment as clergy.  I think that I will contact the SECC President with my thoughts on this.

• Like 1

Gregory

• Members

I definitely support women's ordination.  What bothers me, though, are the write-ups (such as the one in the OP) on the women who *do* get ordained, without similar write-ups of the men who are ordained.  

In the attempt to bolster the status of the newly-ordained women, the newly-ordained men seem to have been relegated to a "ho-hum" status.  Women aren't the only ones who have fascinating stories to tell about their spiritual journey leading to ordination.

If the pro WO group wants to be fair, then they should treat everyone the same — otherwise, it begins to look like partiality based on one's sex....and that's shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

5 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

I definitely support women's ordination.  What bothers me, though, are the write-ups (such as the one in the OP) on the women who *do* get ordained, without similar write-ups of the men who are ordained.  

In the attempt to bolster the status of the newly-ordained women, the newly-ordained men seem to have been relegated to a "ho-hum" status.  Women aren't the only ones who have fascinating stories to tell about their spiritual journey leading to ordination.

If the pro WO group wants to be fair, then they should treat everyone the same — otherwise, it begins to look like partiality based on one's sex....and that's shooting themselves in the foot.

Ever since Adam took the piece of fruit from Eve, woman have been playing a game of catch-up.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

• Like 1

Lift Jesus up!!

The Saviour's commission to the disciples includes all believers to the end of time. All to whom the heavenly inspiration has come are put in trust with the gospel. All who receive the life of Christ are ordained to work for the salvation of their fellow men. For this work the church was established, and all who take upon themselves its sacred vows are thereby pledged to be co-workers with Christ.  {CT 466.2} 

• Like 3

HalluYAH -YAHWEH does too! Praying for Pastor Beverly N. Maravilla and her work in the service of THE MOST HIGH!

Blessings to all who see that have always use both women and me!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

HalluYAH -YAHWEH does too! Praying for Pastor Beverly N. Maravilla and her work in the service of THE MOST HIGH!

Blessings to all who see that have always use both women and me!!!!!!

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus......Galatians  3

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D   :prayer:   :offtobed:

• Like 2

Lift Jesus up!!

Sorry everyone my grammar sucks, I have worked on it for years. I should have said women and men! Please forgive!

Blessings!

• Like 2

• Moderators

The wording is designed to say that she has the same standing as do ordained male clergy as opposed to commissioned females.

Gregory