ClubAdventist is back!

Generic Christianity

Gregory Matthews

10 hours ago, Rahab said:

seems like Satan is winning

Why would you say that?  Although I identify with Adventism more than any other denomination, if I had to take a test on how strongly I believe in all 28 Fundies, I doubt that I would get over 50%. I have been a faithful member of several denominations over my 67 years; and been disappointed by all of them.  To me, they appear to be nothing more than man-made constructs of what they think the Bible says.  Bono once said that when the Holy Spirit leaves the church, all you have left is religion.  IMHO, we are "saved" when we strive to have a relationship with Yahweh rather than with a denomination.  Jesus gives us salvation - the church did not.  Jesus didn't die to make bad people good (however "good" is defined in any denomination); He died to make dead people alive through His grace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

"Why would you say that?  Although I identify with Adventism more than any other denomination, if I had to take a test on how strongly I believe in all 28 Fundies, I doubt that I would get over 50%. I have been a faithful member of several denominations over my 67 years; and been disappointed by all of them.  To me, they appear to be nothing more than man-made constructs of what they think the Bible says.  Bono once said that when the Holy Spirit leaves the church, all you have left is religion.  IMHO, we are "saved" when we strive to have a relationship with Yahweh rather than with a denomination.  Jesus gives us salvation - the church did not.  Jesus didn't die to make bad people good (however "good" is defined in any denomination); He died to make dead people alive through His grace."

Hey Bro.... you speak as I think. This is so true to me as well "To me, they appear to be nothing more than man-made constructs of what they think the Bible says.  Bono once said that when the Holy Spirit leaves the church, all you have left is religion.  IMHO, we are "saved" when we strive to have a relationship with Yahweh rather than with a denomination.  Jesus gives us salvation - the church did not."

7 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Why would you say that?  Although I identify with Adventism more than any other denomination, if I had to take a test on how strongly I believe in all 28 Fundies, I doubt that I would get over 50%. I have been a faithful member of several denominations over my 67 years; and been disappointed by all of them.  To me, they appear to be nothing more than man-made constructs of what they think the Bible says.  Bono once said that when the Holy Spirit leaves the church, all you have left is religion.  IMHO, we are "saved" when we strive to have a relationship with Yahweh rather than with a denomination.  Jesus gives us salvation - the church did not.  Jesus didn't die to make bad people good (however "good" is defined in any denomination); He died to make dead people alive through His grace.

You've been through quite a bit....

Just seeing so much compromising of truth coming into the church....very frustrating.  Not many are standing for truth and if you do, you get persecuted.  Attacks are coming from without and within and there are a few that might agree with me on this.  Many are lacking that experiential relationship with Jesus and have not given up self in order that they may KNOW Him and He KNOWS us as well.  

The church is the apple of the Lord's eye but many therein will not make it.  The shaking (great shaking) cannot be far off.  Then, God will purify His own church and then the rest of you can come in to the Lord's Army and help declare the 3rd Angel's Message to the world.

14 minutes ago, Rahab said:

Then, God will purify His own church and then the rest of you can come in to the Lord's Army and help declare the 3rd Angel's Message to the world

Who is God's own church?  Just Adventists?  They and the Jews will likely be the only people preaching the 3rd angel's message (if you are talking about the Sabbath).  Believe me - more than just SDAs will be saved and given eternal life.  We are saved by grace through faith; not by the SDA Church.

Does the bold underlined part in your post imply that I and others like me are not part of the Lord's army?  If it does, I'm hurt!!:sad:  (Just kidding Rahab!  I actually appreciate your cheekiness.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Who is God's own church?  Just Adventists?  They and the Jews will likely be the only people preaching the 3rd angel's message (if you are talking about the Sabbath).  Believe me - more than just SDAs will be saved and given eternal life.  We are saved by grace through faith; not by the SDA Church.

Does the bold underlined part in your post imply that I and others like me are not part of the Lord's army?  If it does, I'm hurt!!:sad:  (Just kidding Rahab!  I actually appreciate your cheekiness.)

There are good honest people in all churches right now...but things will change.    When the Loud Cry is given, the Lord's Army will all be of one accord... and no it won't be like the church we see now, but it will be the church that holds the truth of God with Jesus at the helm.  Right now, the door is open for all to come into the truth... there will be many that are in other denominations that will join this group in the end and those that are within right now, many will be shaken out.

aka,

I would have "liked" your post; but for some reason the "like" icon has disappeared from my screen (just like my avatar).

Rahab,

In your mind, who is the church?  is it just SDA's, or is it all born-again believers.  There will be many saved in the last days who never kept the Sabbath or abstained from pork.  There will be people saved who never abstained from alcohol or tobacco.  If you are waiting expectantly for the masses to flock to the SDA church before the end comes, you may either wait a very long time or be surprised when the Lord appears before that happens.  If you're waiting fro the papacy to mount a new Crusade, you will be disappointed.  Don't look to Rome for a beast power, look to the Middle East.

5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Well; I found "grace through faith" in The Adventist Church, so you might want to think about this answer some. :D

I found grace through faith in the Adventist Church as well; but that grace and the salvation came from Jesus Christ, not the denomination. :bwink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Sometimes, we trouble ourselves far too much not wanting to admit what jesus accomplishes through the church, because it interferes too much with our "independent thinking."

Like I said in a previous post, I found what I consider to be the "real"Jesus through the church; but the grace and salvation came from Jesus.  IMHO, He gives that grace and salvation to all who earnestly seek Him, no matter what their denomination.

• Like 1

All depends on what we mean when we say the 'church'. For me it means those that follow Christ, wherever they are on the journey, and not a .org.

• Like 3

I understand the need of not wanting to be defined by a "religion" or denomination.

All the rules and walls.

Oh to be defined as simply People of theeeee Person (Jesus Christ)!

People of faith showcased in that article  have understandably distanced themselves from the baggage, politics and overall divisiveness of these clubs or cults.

I believe many are hopefully seeing a bigger God and His arms are wider.

A wonderful witness!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Oh to be defined as simply People of theeeee Person (Jesus Christ)! 

Since the original creation started with certain necessary rules on threat of death if not adhered to, why would we believe today there is no need for necessary behaviors when it seems obvious the world of today is failing to meet the needs of vast numbers of the human race as a result?

3but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'" 4The serpent said to the woman, "You surely will not die! 5"For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."… Genesis 3

6 "For I, the LORD, do not change    Genesis 3

21 And we have this commandment from Him: Whoever loves God must love his brother as well.….1 John 4

4Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself unless it remains in the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. 5I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing....John 15

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Since the original creation started with certain necessary rules on threat of death if not adhered to, why would we believe today there is no need for necessary behaviors when it seems obvious the world of today is failing to meet the needs of vast numbers of the human race as a result?

Out of context, expected. There was no threat. A simple statement about not being able to eat again from the Tree of Life. Without it, they would not keep on living, hence its removal.

Does anyone see a threat in John 3:16 or the many other words from Christ about requirements for salvation? Christ came to take away the threats insinuated by Satan and gave people the true reason for following Him. God wants no one to serve him out of fear as implied by the use of the above texts with out context.

I will have to admit, this video is not generic Christianity.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :prayer:

Lift Jesus up!!

LHC

Why would you post something so blatantly anti-Catholic?  Open your eyes to what's going on in the world!  How many bands of marauding Catholics going around beheading people?  That is the exclusive activity of another religion predominant in the Middle East.  A Friday Law is more likely than a Sunday Law.  In fact, a virtual Friday Law is already in place for over a billion people on this planet.  What are you gonna believe - the outdated predictions from a time when the Catholic Church was hated by everyone except Catholics, or the reality of what is going on in the world right now?

• Like 1

• Members
On 8/1/2017 at 10:15 AM, JoeMo said:

What are you gonna believe - the outdated predictions

For me personally, I don't believe in predictions! The Bible doesn't deal in predictions but in Prophecy! I'll believe in  that, period!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

11 hours ago, phkrause said:

The Bible doesn't deal in predictions but in Prophecy!

I agree 100% pk.  I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.  I was referring to the predictions of EGW concerning Sunday laws; not the prophecies in the Bible.

On 7/26/2017 at 2:43 PM, JoeMo said:

10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ."

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power......1 Corinthians

While the body of Christ (the church) is somewhat subject to fallible human beings, it still remains closest to God's heart.

7"Ho, Zion! Escape, you who are living with the daughter of Babylon." 8For thus says the LORD of hosts, "After glory He has sent me against the nations which plunder you, for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye.....Zechariah 2

Though there is no doubt not all God's children are scattered, this pronouncement below by the Lord seems to indicate some are.

1After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illumined with his glory. 2And he cried out with a mighty voice, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird. 3“For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality.”

4I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; 5for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities....Revelation 18

The full story is in the rest of Revelation 18

Since in the time of Noah, during the flood only 8 were saved, it seems only prudent to know who among our leaders relies on the traditions of men as opposed to the commandments of God.

26Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the coming of the  Son of Man: 27People were eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.…Luke 17

8You have disregarded the commandment of God to keep the tradition of men.” 9He went on to say, “You neatly set aside the commandment of God to maintain your own tradition....Mark 7

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members
On 8/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, JoeMo said:

I agree 100% pk.  I'm sorry I wasn't more clear.  I was referring to the predictions of EGW concerning Sunday laws; not the prophecies in the Bible.

Actually I agree with the fact that there will be Sunday laws coming to this great country of ours. With so many of the evangelical leaders calling for this country to back to its christian roots and have a day of rest, etc. With the POTUS and the envangelicals getting so chummy, and even if the POTUS gets impeached, the VP is even chummier with them. And things are getting so out of hand, we really need to get back to the basic's, and how else do we get there?? When God brought the Israelites out from bondage how did he get them back to the basics? He made real strict rules at first to follow, like if you did things on the Sabbath you paid a heavy price! I see that coming in this country. All good things but the wrong way to go about it. Anyway that's the way I see it.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}