ClubAdventist is back!

Trumps Proposed Budget

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators
  • Moderators

I am not saying that I agree with everything referenced above, I do not.  My greatest concern is found in the Washington Post citation  where it is stated that President Trump would like to eliminate the cost of living adjustment that federal retirees get today.  I believe that acceptance of this provision will set the stage for future elimination of the cost of living adjustment that is currently found in Social Security and other such programs that so-many of our citizens depend upon.  After all, how many of you would like to know that your Social Security payment is fixed for life at the time you began receiving it.

Gregory

I think we all realize that the economy of the USA is going to collapse.  The only question is WHEN. 

So - maybe cuts in cost of living increases would delay that collapse, for a little while.  Who knows? 

I never DID like Trump.  I voted for him, for one reason ONLY - to prevent Hillary putting a social liberal on the supreme court.  Christians do not want their pre-teen girls showering with pre-teen boys who think they are girls.  Christians should not loose their businesses, if they (for reason of conscience) do not wish to serve SCOTUS weddings.  Etc. etc. etc.

Not much has changed so far as Washington insiders serving the rich, while claiming to serve the poor and middle class.  Just look at former pharmaceutical industry management or lobbyists, getting high positions in government (writing Obama Care, or running cabinet departments managing heathcare) .  Look at the salaries paid to "private" health insurance CEOs - in the multiple millions.  It stinks.  It's the healthcare SWAMP! 

Nothing will stop the present war in the Middle East, or the coming BIG war - no matter who is president. 

If the GOP does not pass a replacement healthcare bill that brings down insurance costs, then they will loose the next election.  Folks will give up on them, and just stay home - rather than vote. 

8thdaypriest

I agree with you....we should All, (jew, gentile, christian, atheist, muslim, etc, etc) be able to discriminate against anyone or anything and then just say "Thats my conscience (religious) belief".  (we all know that is what Christ would do.....right?)

(tic)

21 hours ago, CoAspen said:

I agree with you....we should All, (jew, gentile, christian, atheist, muslim, etc, etc) be able to discriminate against anyone or anything and then just say "Thats my conscience (religious) belief".  (we all know that is what Christ would do.....right?)

Maybe I'm inferring incorrectly from this post;  but IMHO there is a difference between "discrimination" and "resisting evil".  If I refuse to  allow a minority ethnic group or religious group to use a bathroom, elevator, or drinking fountain in my establishment, that's discrimination.  If I refuse to allow my preteen daughter to shower or otherwise get naked in front of a boy who thinks he's a girl, that's my (and hopefully her) conscience speaking. If I support all minorities being forced to have sterility operations, that's discrimination.  If I have a problem having my tax dollars pay for a "convenience" abortion for someone who can't otherwise afford it, that's my conscience.  Just because someone refuses to do something for someone else, that doesn't make them a bigot.

• Like 2

If I could pass requirements for modest attire, for Walmart shoppers - I WOULD! 

The see through, tight, up-to-the-buttocks attire worn by many shoppers at my local Walmart, actually is embarrassing - to me.  

Does that mean I am a bigot?

Would I give the same women food or clothing or shelter, if they truly needed it?  Of course.  

8thdaypriest