ClubAdventist is back!

Canada can be a world leader in medical cannabis

Gail

7 hours ago, Gail said:

I am glad that someone has come up with a good, medicinal use for pot:

Canada can become a world leader in medical marijuana

I don't see how you see this as a good thing.  To me, an addict who has a great deal of experience with it, it is like saying, Oh, I'm sure glad they found medicinal uses for opium.  Now the social stigma of using opium won't be so great. 

Pot is a very decpetive and dangerous drug.  Oh, there are lots of groups out there praising it, but they are not telling all the facts about it.  Making it a "medicine" is making it more acceptable in society.  So, more young kids will be likely to try it.  The problem is when someone that age starts using it regularly they stop their mental maturity process at that age.  So, say they first start using at age 13 and use it for a decade.  When they stop using it they will still be at the 13 year old maturity level and during that time they will have thinking, learning and memory issues that will last for several years after they quit, if not forever.    This is a serious handicap for anyone going through life.

I knew kids who started using it at close to kindergarten age back in the 70's.  Other's started heavy use at age 10 to 15.  Those kids have had completely screwed up lives.

There are documented uses for canabis in the medical arena and they have the research in support of it.

More than 167,000 Canadians have come to rely on the quality of domestically produced products to ease the symptoms of conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder, epilepsy, cancer, and chronic pain — an increase of 123 per cent since April 2016.

Of course, like any drug, it can be abused and is. Adult general usage is happening in our state for recreational purposed and there are laws that prohibit the sale to minors and where their shop are to be located. Alcohol is regulated in the same way. Developing more medical uses is not about trying to remove any 'social stigmas'. Blaming the illegal use or inappropriate use of a product is quite common now days. Humans need to take responsibility for thier own actions. Blaming others is at an all time high in the USA. Should we stop the development of medicines because people will abuse them?

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2017 at 9:19 PM, Gary K said:

The problem is when someone that age starts using it regularly they stop their mental maturity process at that age.  So, say they first start using at age 13 and use it for a decade.  When they stop using it they will still be at the 13 year old maturity level and during that time they will have thinking, learning and memory issues that will last for several years after they quit, if not forever.    This is a serious handicap for anyone going through life.

I can say the same things about alcohol.  In fact, thousands of people (including many young people) actually die from acute alcohol poisoning every year.  There has never been a documented case of someone dying from acute cannabis poisoning - but they do die of doing stupid things while stoned.

I don't know that the world really needs another legal recreational intoxicant.

I don't know that the world really needs another legal recreational intoxicant.

Agree, but like all self medicating items, used for what ever reasons, it comes down to economics. Gov's will look at it and say ''can we tax it and make money". Canabis is just now being really researched for long term effects and medical uses. A lot of unsupported allegations have been made about it in the past and keep being repeated. One needs to look at the source of the data, when it was first published and how large was the study, what were its goals and was it repeatable. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

totally disagree with how cannabis consumption is being "normalized" and I think Canada any other country would be much better off if they kept it to "Medical Marijuana," and NOT "recreational."  THAT just makes no sense to me.

You mentioned earlier about how much money the gov't can make of weed tax.  Money talks.  Once people see how much money can be made off of weed, recreational weed will be legal.  Canada will be raking in the money.

22 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

IF you are thinking about trying marijuana, you would be well-advised to at least make yourself informed about all of the possibilities and repercussions

?

• 3 years later...

Well, in the past kinda, all drugs were fully legalized, and none of us can say that all people were addicted or crazy.Well, in the past kinda, all drugs were fully legalized, and none of us can say that all people were addicted or crazy. At the same time, we cannot say that amount of deaths caused by drugs was less or higher. In my opinion, this news is great because it means that the Canadian budget will have the additional income from medical marijuana. I really like how our marijuana business looks, and our online shops provide the products like this one https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product/600mg-delta-8-gummies/ to their customers.

• 2 months later...

It is not surprising because Canada has become the first country of the "Big Seven," where marijuana is legalized on a national scale for recreational use, in other words, "for entertainment."  When this news first appeared, I already knew that a legal marijuana market of several billion dollars would appear in Canada shortly. And if earlier, the weed store and top Burlington dispensary were used exclusively for medical purposes, everything may be different. I don't know, maybe this way, the number of deaths from drugs will decrease...

• 2 months later...

Oh, I completely agree with the prior commenter here since cannabis oil can also assist you with this issue. I enjoy using these does cbd get you high because they are fantastic, and I'm sure you will too because it is a highly effective item that actually works well. I wish you the best of luck.

• 2 months later...

You are right! Canada is one of the first countries in the world that understood that legalized cannabis has only positive effects on the society and economy of a country

• 2 weeks later...

You are right! Canada is one of the first countries in the world that understand that legalized Cannabis flower has only positive effects on the society and economy of a country. Proponents of legalizing recreational marijuana say it will add billions to the economy, create hundreds of thousands of jobs, free up scarce police resources, and stop the huge racial disparities in marijuana enforcement. Also, legalizing it will have a beneficial effect on people that have such diseases as cancer. It will help them to fight the pain caused by this disease.