ClubAdventist is back!

Gord Downie

• Administrators

He was referred to as Canada's Poet Laureate. It's amazing when a beloved national hero dies the country's citizens are bonded together...  This morning as I dropped off my car to have work done the head of the service department told me that he wants to hear NOTHING today except for Tragically Hip. Although he originated from the East, he had attended 26 Hip concerts out here in the West, including the last one in Vancouver.

I have Downie's book, Secret Path, a true story about a 12-year-old First Nations child who froze to death trying to walk home from a residential school. Downie was an activist for First Nations issues.

He recently accepted the Order of Canada.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau cried as he made his press release this morning.

Gord Downie oct 18 17.jpg

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

GAIL

any   Person  that is in the  lime light===especially any one that  seems to  work for a better  planet

and better  conditions for  people  will be  missed  ---by  family===friends===fans===

dgrimm60