ClubAdventist is back!

South Lancaster Academy in the News

Gregory Matthews

• Administrators

hmm... skinny dipping for hygienic reasons?

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Members

I can't imagine this EVER happening on my Senior Survival (my academy was the first one that did Senior Survival).  What were the female chaperones thinking????   Hygienic reasons??  Oh, please.  rolleyes3.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Well, I am thinking (Many years ago) of a problem that came up with academy females sharing bed with the adult female teacher.

Gregory

• 1 month later...

Must have been a slow news day.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

It seems that everyone is getting so worked up by anything they imagine to be a sexually related news item. It was a non-issue that has had too many electrons wasted over.

I recall one time many years ago going to the YMCA in the winter time to swim and upon arriving discovered that all the boys swam nude! I was never allowed to go back. Even the lifeguards patrolled the pool in the nude. This was the way it was in the YMCA until the late 70s from whenever. In fact, you can find that historically in many public swimming areas, boys up to the age of 10 would swim nude in mixed companies. Unfortunately, the feminists started their invasion of the YMCA and now they are in many areas little more than neighborhood daycare centers. Public schools back then often had their gym classes (swim) in the nude.

Often credited to single overbearing moms of boys who were threatening lawsuits, many high schools no longer provide or mandate showers after gym class. High schools are said to often be filled with stenchy kids by the end of who spritzed on some cologne to cover up having been to gym class and not showered after. My kids, when in high school, reported that the showers had been turned into storage areas. When I was in high school, there would be well over 100 boys all trying to get thru showers on the way back to class with gym teachers standing by to make sure everyone got their showers. I do not know what the girls dorms were like, but the boys/mens dorms in Adventist academies and colleges had gang showers.

I won't even go into nudity in the military!

The girls in the article were I believe were seniors participating in a survival exercise. "Survival exercise" suggest that there were not all the usual comfort of modern life. They were roughing it. I guess for some people, it was probably good that sin entered the world and we had to start wearing clothing!

• Haha 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that Fulcrum7 has weighted in on the skinny dipping incident at South Lancaster Academy. I was under the impression that is was a chaperone that was leading the young girls. However it seems that it was a lady preacher!

http://www.fulcrum7.com/news/2018/1/1/update-on-skinny-dipping-incident-at-south-lancaster-academy

It seems that mainstream media is also involved in getting out the story. This should sell lots of newspapers:

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/12/pastor_at_religious_private_sc.html

FWIW, there is a Christian Naturist group that is fully in support of this pastor and doesn't really see what the commotion is all about! I tend to agree that it is a whole lot of smoke about nothun'.

www.masslive.com:.webloc

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

An email I received from the College Church at AUC:

Hello, College Church Family,

As you may or may not know, our associate pastor, Heather Cook, is going through a very difficult time right now. Unfortunately, there are many rumors out there about her situation that are completely false, which is making matters much worse.

I am inviting and encouraging all College Church members…and ONLY COLLEGE CHURCH MEMBERS…to attend an informational meeting about Pastor Heather’s situation. Our hope is that a lot of the misinformation and false rumors will be clarified at this meeting. Here’s the basic information for this meeting:
  • DATE & TIME: This Monday night, January 29, at 7:00 PM
  • WHO’S INVITED?: Only College Church Members
Thank you for considering this request, and for your prayers!

Luis Gracia

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Vigil and Letters for Accused Pastor

Interesting article:

https://atoday.org/vigil-and-letters-for-accused-pastor/

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I've been reading more into this. It was a way the girls were allowed to wash and that a man became upset at it. I'm sorry but in gym class we would all change in the locker room and shower in community showers. And at Academy we had the community showers. I don't see what the difference is.

• Administrators

It is strange that only one chaperone who participated in the river bathing is being accused.  It seems clearly directed to her because she is a woman pastor. In the United States, females have been washing exposed in shower rooms from 7th grade on... this really should not be a problem.  It was nothing illegal, nor uncommon.

deb

Love awakens love.

• Members

I never showered in any common bathing area — at school or elsewhere.  There were always stalls.  The only place I ever saw a common showering area was at the public swimming pool, and that was only after about 1985.  

Nothing personal, folks, but you couldn't pay me enough to shower/bathe naked in front of a bunch of other naked women.  It just gives me the "ewww" gut reaction.  

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

In college (PUC ) we males all showered in a community shower.  I think it was the same in the female dorms.

Gregory

On 1/6/2018 at 8:28 PM, B/W Photodude said:

The link should have been:

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/12/pastor_at_religious_private_sc.html

It seems the whole affair has evolved in court action and restraining orders!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

Probably because it happened before your birth, perhaps even before the birth of your Great Grandparents.

By the way, and the following is true:  I have even showered in a situation where I hauled 5 gallons of water to the shower, filled the container and showered during the time that it took for the water to run out and when it did, my shower had ended.  But, that was O.K.  I was glad to be able to shower once a week.  I knew that I could have another shower in a week.

Gregory

• Administrators
16 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

I never showered in any common bathing area — at school or elsewhere.  There were always stalls.  The only place I ever saw a common showering area was at the public swimming pool, and that was only after about 1985.  

Nothing personal, folks, but you couldn't pay me enough to shower/bathe naked in front of a bunch of other naked women.  It just gives me the "ewww" gut reaction.  

the students were give their choice... it was not required, and watching was also not required.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

• Members
16 hours ago, debbym said:

it was not required, and watching was also not required.

lol ... thanks for your interpretation of what I wrote, wrong as it may be..

• Administrators

ok, no problem, i wasn't trying to interpret anything just referencing  by association from the  article.

deb

Love awakens love.

• Members

"Both chaperones have stated the activity was for hygienic reasons," 

The first SDA Senior Survival was at the academy I went to.  None of us went skinny-dipping... even though there was a river close by.  We were taught to keep clean without needing a full-scale in-the-buff bath.  We girls managed just fine!  When you are in a "survival" class, though, it's rather inane to get out of that survival mindset, and go trucking over to a public body of water, take off your clothes, and ... do whatever they were doing.  If the girls were so filthy that they needed to have a full body bath, they must not have been keeping themselves clean.  Did they use soap while doing their hygienic ablutions.... and pollute the water?

I'm just appalled at the mindset of some people nowadays.  And Senior Survival at our academies is apparently not taken seriously anymore.  That's what's really shameful about this whole situation.

I have thought this over and am still convinced the whole issue is much ado about nothing. What really strikes me as crazy is that we hear this stuff about accepting gays and transgenders and how not going along is so "unChristian" even if it has been the beliefs of the Christian faith over the last two millennia. But everyone goes nuts with the nude bathing, which really has more scriptural support and even agrees with the practices of the Christian church in times past. So, people have gone crazy about simple nudity, but in the meantime immorality has become acceptable.

Keep in mind, that the first humans were without clothing and even met with God everyday in person and in the nude! Some say, "well, they had a cloud of glory around them and you couldn't really see anything!" But then why did Moses have to add "and they were not ashamed"?

King Saul was found to be sleeping naked at one point. Those seeing him as such asked, "Is King Saul one of the prophets?" In todays speak, "Has King Saul become a pastor?"! I don't think most people would conclude that a person waking naked in church was the pastor!

Isaiah went naked for three years. I highly suspect that many people of all ages saw him naked, even children. So, if nudity, including public nudity, was a sin, would God have told him to do it? 

There are many other such examples throughout Scripture. Consider the Christians used to be baptized naked and this practice continued to about AD700.

Strangely enough, the American nudist movement was begun by a Baptist preacher named Ilsley Boone:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilsley_Boone

Bill Liversidge Seminars