ClubAdventist is back!

Christian Disagreement

Gregory Matthews

On 10/27/2017 at 12:29 PM, phkrause said:

The only thing that made him seem like he was dividing the country was the fact that he was an African American and those that didn't want an AA to be POTUS started making an uproar!!! And every time he tried getting involved they made a big uproar!!

Hmmm.  Maybe the time he lit up the White House with the rainbow, when the SCOTUS upheld gay marriage.  Not exactly bringing everyone together.  

Has NOTHING to do with his being AA.  I actually LIKED that.  Then came the (NOT so) Affordable Care Act.   

8thdaypriest

• Members
53 minutes ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Then came the (NOT so) Affordable Care Act.

Not to get into a tit for tat, but I recall in the neighborhood I used to live in up in Massachusetts, that at least 8 out of every 10 benefited from the ACA!! I also recall just prior to Obama becoming president, that each year for at least 8 years, the rates were going up every year! When the ACA became law, they were saying that if it wasn't for the ACA rates would liking have started doubling and tripling!! Now I'm not going to say that everybody benefited, but I would say more than half did. The funny thing is that the ACA was actually a republican thing originally?? In Massachusetts, when Romney was Governor, he placed a form of the ACA, before Obama was even elected president.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

13 hours ago, phkrause said:

Not to get into a tit for tat, but I recall in the neighborhood I used to live in up in Massachusetts, that at least 8 out of every 10 benefited from the ACA!! I also recall just prior to Obama becoming president, that each year for at least 8 years, the rates were going up every year! When the ACA became law, they were saying that if it wasn't for the ACA rates would liking have started doubling and tripling!! Now I'm not going to say that everybody benefited, but I would say more than half did. The funny thing is that the ACA was actually a republican thing originally?? In Massachusetts, when Romney was Governor, he placed a form of the ACA, before Obama was even elected president.

I know.  I know.  Sometimes things seem good at the start. 

Whoever smells money in the water, inflates their estimated cost.  Money corrupts everything and everyone.

When the gov. paid the money to hospitals, they inflated their estimated costs and prices, to costs unimaginable just a few years ago.  When the gov paid the money to the insurance companies, they inflated their estimated costs (and premiums).  If we we went to a single payer national health care system, and the gov took over health care providers too, setting salaries and prices, then we would have something like the VA, for everyone.  People would wait six months just to be seen.  Would wait 4 years to get a hernia repaired.  Would wait six years for cataract surgery.  Bright students would NOT go into medicine, and we would have to import doctors from other countries like India, Nigeria, Philippines.  We've watched it in Britain.  And taxes tripling to pay for it.  

Fact is, neither repubs not dems have real answers.     Even when the plans are enacted with the best of intentions, every plan is corrupted by those seeking money on one end, and those leaching from the system on the other. 

The design engineer who did a job for me last year, turned down two offers to work for a large company.  Now - he is healthy and of sound mind.  He just doesn't WANT to go to work every day.  Wants to work comfortably from home.   He draws unemployment and welfare.  About blew me over when he told me about it (knowing what I paid him for my job). 

Then there's another woman I know.  She works for a bakery that makes goodies.  Their business is mostly done at the holidays.  So during the slow times, her boss has instructed his staff to apply for unemployment.  She found excuses not to take any part time jobs during those times.  She just draws unemployment and her social security.  PS:  Her husband makes good money. 

If I personally know two people gaming the system, then I'm sure every one here knows at least one person. 

On the other end, I know of a doctor who sees a patient every 10 minutes, and only allows each one to be treated for one problem per visit.  To get treatment for another problem, he/she has to make another appointment.   He (with a group of other doctors) owns a lab and cat scan, X-ray and MRI.  He is paid bonuses when he refers patients for tests.  Hmmm.  Would you guess that some of those tests might not really be needed.   He is gaming the system too.

Legislators TRY, but selfishness, and laziness are just too rampant.   The poor suffer the worst of it.  Always have.   I'm not saying that laws and efforts by legislators are not helpful at all.  I'm just saying that neither repubs nor dems have lasting great solutions. 

Only Jesus does.  I want HIM back here.  

• Like 2

8thdaypriest

• Members
5 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

I'm just saying that neither repubs nor dems have lasting great solutions. 

I'm with you there!! That's why politics is something I think very little of and am neither a repub or dem!! I register as an independent.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

18 hours ago, phkrause said:

I'm with you there!! That's why politics is something I think very little of and am neither a repub or dem!! I register as an independent.

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to 
prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed." 
~~~ H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)
  • Like 2

8thdaypriest

• Members
On 11/5/2017 at 11:46 AM, 8thdaypriest said:

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to 
prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed." 
~~~ H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

That is so true.

phkrause