ClubAdventist is back!

Bob Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers

Suzanne Sutton

Bob Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers

Bob Hatfield's death Nov. 5, 2003 was caused by cocaine and not just heart failure, according to the official autopsy report.

Dr. Richard Tooker, chief medical examiner for Kalamazoo county (Michigan), said that Hatfield's death was triggered by acute cocaine intoxication. Hatfield, 63 died just hours before a Righteous Brother concert. He and partner, Bill Medley, had hits such as Unchained Melody, and You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling.

"That is a shock to me," Medley told The Orange County, (Calif.) Register from his Newport Beach, Calif. home. "I never saw him (use cocaine). I knew absolutely nothing about it. If I had known, I would have said something to him."

The initial autopsy found Hatfield had advanced coronary disease. A heart attack due to the disease was listed on his death certificate. However, Tooker pointed out that a final cause of death was not determined until after toxicology reports were completed. The death certificate will be changed to reflect cocaine as the cause of death, he said.

Tooker's office received the report of cocaine intoxication on Dec. 24, but he asked for the information to be released after the holidays out of respect to Hatfield's family. --an AOL New Release.

~Suzanne~

It is so sad that these folks who come into money from their careers, blow it on drugs and end up dead. There is so much good that they could do with their money and think of the joy rather than the sorrow they would create for themselves and those who care about them.

Shirley