ClubAdventist is back!

Robbers Attack SDA Services

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

In Ghana, on December 17 and 24, armed robbers have attacked members attending SDA services.  On the 24th about 100 people were attending.  The robbers took case and other items from those people and did some harm to one.

See:

https://atoday.org/armed-robbers-attack-adventist-all-night-christmas-service-in-ghana/

NOTE:  The issue of physical security is becoming of growing concern to  SDA members, to include North America.

I have asked denominational leaders some questions on this issue.  At this point in time there is some general concern over making a statement that could be published.  Frankly, I understand that position as any statement so made, regardless of what it said, could result in liability issues.  But, I also believe  that this is reaching a point where some public statement should be made.

NOTE:  The denomination seemingly is willing to give some advice to specific situations, to the people directly involved in them.  This does not include generalized statements.

Gregory