ClubAdventist is back!

Military Parade

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Should the U.S. have a military parade.  For more on this see:

http://www.moaa.org/Content/Publications-and-Media/News-Articles/2018-News-Articles/Survey--Most-MOAA-Members-Think-Military-Parade-is-a--Costly-Distraction-.aspx

This parade would cost a lot of money and our debt is getting out of hand,” wrote one retired Navy captain in their survey response. Budget analysts have estimated the parade would cost between $10 million and $30 million.

The captain continued in his survey response, “veterans are well respected now - especially this all volunteer force. I think the 1-2% of our population that are in uniform are doing an awfully good job for the other 98% of us. They deserve our utmost respect, but big parades should be reserved for significant events. The government needs to do a cost/benefit analysis on things like this before embarking on annual parades.”

Gregory

I believe the desire to have the parade is really all about self, wanted it after watching other dictators, etc with their large military parades. Didn't the person suggesting the parade also make the statement more recently about thinking America should have ruler for life? My opinion is that the desire has little to do with honoring the uniform, but just a giant ego trip down the street!