ClubAdventist is back!

Trump & Syria

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Today, (April 11, 2018) President trump tweeted in part what I have quoted below.

That is a serious release of military tactical information that potentially compromises the ability of the military to successfully accomplish the mission.  As the President has the authority to declassify such information I do not suggest that President Trump has violated the law.   But, I can well imagine that the generals who work for President Trump are furious.  It suggests a lack of long-term strategy in our military operations and presents us as a nation that simply responds to immediate provocations.

This tweet identifies that type of missiles that we intend to use.  Smart missiles are guided in flight by signals from a satellite.  Russia can now attempt to scramble those radio signals and prevent the missiles from either landing on target or to initiate pre-mature explosion.  It is now clearly known what ships have smart missiles and the nations over which they would need to fly in order to land on target.     These nations can now object to their overflight and will likely feel endangered on the assumption that scrambling their satellite radio control might cause them to crash in their country.

Diplomatically this suggests to other nations that we are not a reliable partner in military operations and can not be depended upon to keep information secret.   It is worded in a way that unnecessarily hinders any attempt to build a relationship with Russia.

Get ready Russia because they [missiles]  will be coming, nice and new and 'smart.’

Gregory

Lest we forget, He criticized previous admins for telling nations ahead of time what could happen/would happen. He claimed, with himself in charge, the enemy would never know what was going to happen.

His worst enemy is his own mouth!

Fake with the left
Hit with the right

You are assuming that Trump is giving out accurate info.
Oh wait! He couldn't be that smart!
On the other hand, he did beat Hillary.

Don't forget there are American bases right over the border in Turkey.
No need to fly over anyone else.

• Like 2

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members

Trump is either really stupid, or really smart.   I think Photodude might be correct....

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

18 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

It wasnt Trump that  beat Hilary! Even in Canada we know that!

I will be kind and not respond to this one!

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

Photodude said in the quote below:

•  The missiles that Trump mentioned are most likely to be launched form surface ships and from submarines.  They are least likely to be launched from a land base in Turkey. 

• There are clearly elements in Turkey who would not want their country to be overflown by missiles headed for Syria to include those who would be concerned that Russian hacking of the satellite signals might cause them to crash on Turkish land.

Don't forget there are American bases right over the border in Turkey.

No need to fly over anyone else.

Gregory

• Moderators

NOTE:  Addition to the above post:  There are some aircraft that can be armed with smart missiles.

Gregory

I voted for Trump but am disappointed in him.  He is very immature and childish.  He wants attention all the time and cannot take criticism as a public official should.  He should be above all these instead of tweeting for every little thing.  He got upset because the democrats did applaud him for his state of union speech.  He exaggerated the number of crowds at his inaugural. He lies a lot of things for his advantage.  Sorry, I do not have any good thing to say about him.  He lacks  presidential qualification. 

• Members

Well Won I'm in agreement with you, but always remember God is in control and there had to be a reason he allowed him to win??

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60