ClubAdventist is back!

When will Iran attack our (US) fleet?

hch

16 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Are you implying that your interpretation is the only one that comes directly from the word of God; and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong because they are using a private interpretation rather than the word of God?  Seems a little arrogant to me.  I will restrain myself from further comment in that idea.

JoeMo,

How is one to know if they are embracing a Private interpretation or is their interpretation is correct?

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

HCH, Isn't there a verse in Scripture that tells us that if the word of a claimed prophet, or person with a claimed message from God fails to come to pass, it should be known that the claimed prophet is NOT coming with a message from God?

Do you need me to give the exact text?

NOTE:  The multiple times that the predictions of HCH have failed, tell me that HCH does not come with a message from God.  To be clear, my belief is that he message comes from within himself.

Gregory

47 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

HCH, Isn't there a verse in Scripture that tells us that if the word of a claimed prophet, or person with a claimed message from God fails to come to pass, it should be known that the claimed prophet is NOT coming with a message from God?

Do you need me to give the exact text?

NOTE:  The multiple times that the predictions of HCH have failed, tell me that HCH does not come with a message from God.  To be clear, my belief is that he message comes from within himself.

Gregory,

I have read in Jeremiah that if the word of a prophet does not come to pass, don't be afraid of him.

You err by claiming me to be a prophet.

I am a Bible student! And that is all that I have ever claimed of myself.

Like the Adventists in 1843 and 1844 that studied to show themselves approved of God workers that need not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.

Did they make mistakes in 1843 and 44 or were they infallible?  Were they wrong more than once? Did Christ come in 1843 or 1844?

God allowed them to make some mistakes and to learn from those mistakes as He has allowed me. (was that a sifting process?)

the Spirit of prophecy states that... we have nothing to fear of the future except that we forget how God has us in our past history.

Your testimony seems to be saying that you have forgotten how God has led the Advent movement in our past history

(are you doubting that God is leading us in the same way today that He has led us in our past history?)

Neither of us will stand or fall in God's presence based on how the other reads Scripture.

Christ often asked "How readest thou?" That is the question that we have to answer to...

Gregory, God is not going to ask you how Henry Read the Scriptures, nor will He quiz me as to your reading.

But if either of us has offered the other the light of heaven, then we are accountable for what we had the opportunity to know.

• Like 2

His child Henry 

• Moderators

HCH:  You claim to speak (write) a message that no one else has give.  As you know, I disagree with that and I have stated that much of what you proclaim is stuff that others have said.    Be that as it may, you proclaim it.   A message that you proclaim has been demonstrated to be false, multiple times.

You and I both know of the Biblical text that tells us how we are to receive the word of one that gives a message from God that is demonstrated to be false.

The light that you claim to offer us, is not light from heaven.

We have given you a section where you can voice your opinions.  You wanted that.  You did not think that you would be treated fairly in other sections of this forum.  O.K.  You have freedom to post here.  But, with that freedom, comes the freedom of others to respond to you, directly and definitively.  

Your freedom here does not limit the freedom of others to respond to you.

Gregory

4 hours ago, hch said:

I am a Bible student! And that is all that I have ever claimed of myself.

Thanks for the clarification.  I can now safely view your posts as your opinion rather than a "thus sayeth the Lord".  I have some opinions myself that are WAY out of the mainstream; but I regard them as opinions rather than a word from the Lord.  When I get a "Word from the Lord", it is almost always for me personally; or someone the Lord wants me to interact with; never on a point of doctrine.

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

I believe that SOME people do have this happen re doctrine. And there is nothing I know of in scripture that would deny that. Doctrines can get quite personal.

I agree.  The Lord has convicted me personally of many points of "doctrine", but it applied specifically to me; not everyone.Much of it is very personal - stuff I don't need to share with everyone.

19 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

A message that you proclaim has been demonstrated to be false, multiple times.

Gregory,

You say  that that the message I speak is false, because you focus on errors rather than the whole matter.

1. In 2011, from studying the book of Revelation, I forewarned that Benedict XVI would not be pope in 2013. I tweeted that insight eight times from September 2011 to September 2012:

Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left (9/3/11)

#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

With Benedict XVI in his last year,

Who’s going to be the new pope? … (3 April 2012)

Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer. Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005.

He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

2. When by faith, I could only follow prophecy:

to President Bush II and no further I announced that he was America's last President...wrong back to the Bible

to President Obama and no further I announced that he was America's last President...wrong back to the Bible

Then I understood that the two horns on the lamblike beast in Rev 13 are doubled (it has 4 horns) Bush II, Obama, Trump, And Pence

By their fulfillment Daniel and Revelation will explain themselves.

3. From prayerfully studying Revelation and Daniel, I have announced:

the hour allotted to judge the dead was from 22 October 1844 to 22 February 1928

the hour allotted to judge the living was from 14 October 1929 to 14 February 2013

We are in the final sealing time...Christ's Coming is at the door.

4. From prayerfully studying Revelation, I have announced:

The Fourth angel in Rev 18 is uniting his voice with the 3 angels messages

Babylon is fallen because of their fornication...The priest's fornication scandal

Babylon is the home of every unclean bird and spirit...Pope Francis I's light show on St Peter's basilica

the kings of the earth have embraced Babylon's fornication...President Obama and Supreme court embraced gay unions (Babylon's fornication)

Gregory... The list goes on. But if you can't discern what I get right because you are so hung up on my failures, you need to look closer to home before you judge another man's work.

His child Henry 

17 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I think its a good thing that you have conceded this much!

Thank you, but that was nothing new. I have said as much in the past though it has not always been posted.

Gregory has disapprove of my saying some things (so much so that as a moderator, he has repeatedly ended threads when the discussion got deep, hid them from view, and blocked me from speaking freely) even discussing the possibility that he would ban me.

The sad situation is that his actions have allowed a partial communication to get posted and stopped the conversation before clarification could be posted.

But by the kindness of the administrators at Adventistan, there is a place where we now have the freedom to have a civil discussion and encourage one another without the personal views of a moderator editing the content of discussion.

Gregory has said that he is concerned about those who are not Adventists that might read this stuff and get confused. That is valid. But when God invited us to reason together, it has to be an honest exchange of ideas not a believe what the moderator says or else...

As a student, I am learning and my views are changing as I learn. And the only reason that I have stayed on this forum for all these years is to be able to discuss my studies with the brethren and get their feedback. I do not expect everyone to agree with me. If I get something wrong, I want to have someone say, "have you considered this text or that?" And I will gladly consider them. But the constant criticism that is void of "reasoning together" is wearisome. 

Light will increase until the day dawns and the junk that has crept into our midst that blocks our understanding  will be removed. We have God's word on that. Be faithful.

His child Henry 

16 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I can now safely view your posts as your opinion rather than a "thus sayeth the Lord".  I have some opinions myself that are WAY out of the mainstream; but I regard them as opinions rather than a word from the Lord.  When I get a "Word from the Lord", it is almost always for me personally; or someone the Lord wants me to interact with; never on a point of doctrine.

Someone once wrote Ellen White telling her that eating pigs was wrong. She told him if the Lord has impressed that on him that he should keep it to himself. She was not ready for the light that the Lord would eventually give to her. When God gave her that light, she shouted it from the housetops. 

When I first began understanding various truths, I took them to my pastor. He told me that he had not learned these things in seminary. I kept studying and trying to get other SDA's to study with me. Talk about rejection. The harder I tried to get folks to compare notes with me, the more excuses they came up with. If I named the names of those whom I spoke to for counsel and how they responded, you would be shocked. I wondered if perhaps it was not the Lord leading in my studies that had begun in 1997. I stopped studying Daniel for a week or 2.

Then I was impressed STUDY DANIEL! I picked up my notebook and marked Bible and prayerfully resumed where I had left off. What I had previously said that "a baby could understand" made absolutely no sense to me at this dark time in my experience. I could not follow the logic, the scriptures, or the presentation. Then it hit me "The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord." I repented earnestly for 3 days with prayer and fasting. After that, I again looked at Daniel and Jeremiah, I understood them better than I had previously. (God is merciful) 

Again when Benedict XVI retired,  I had a partial understanding in that I knew that he would not be pope in 2013 but there were things that I was struggling to understand. I PRAYERFULLY read Revelation start to finish daily for 30 days. On the 30th day, I knelt by my bed and prayed. "Lord I do not understand..." and it was as if a voice spoke to my heart "You are not understanding because you are not studying the right book." I turned back to Daniel and everything that I had been praying to understand about Benedict's leaving office was answered.

I cannot speak for others, but I know how God has led me and I know what I know because I have studied the Scriptures and learned point by point. I know that it is time for me to speak up. What I still need to know, God will teach in His own time.

When Bush II was replaced by Obama, I had to go back to prophecy and pray and study. How could I have missed it? 2/2/2018 I learned that Michael standing for his people was a type of Christ as Cyrus had been when he stood for his people. When Michael Pence stands for his people there will be a time of trouble like we have seen and  Michael (Christ) will stand for His people. That is what I understand and I can show anyone who wants to look at the facts step by step how I came to that conclusion. If I have got the Scriptures in a wrong setting, I would l like someone to point it out to me, but I am not going to hold my breath for the brethren to volunteer to study anything that they don't already think that they have nailed down.

After all it is said of Laodicea that they are rich and in NEED OF NOTHING. Since Laodiceans have the Bible, the Spirit of Prophecy, the Sabbath, and so much more, they don't see a need for spiritual discernment beyond what they have. When the war with Iran begins, it might be too late for some Laodiceans to mend their ways and do the things that they should have done when they first heard the warning. I do not know. But we are in the shaking time and the final warning is sounding.

His child Henry 

On 10/5/2018 at 11:46 PM, JoeMo said:

I looked through every English Translation out there, and I didn't find any that used the word Elohiym in Heb. 1:1.  Even the Orthodox Jewish Bible uses does not use that term for God.

"In many and various drakhim (ways) Hashem in amolike times (olden times) spoke to the Avot by the Nevi’im." (Heb. 1:1 OJB)

The same comment applies to all the other NT verses where you have used the word "Elohiym". Please tell me what accepted translation of the Bible that you use.

Elohiym (or Elohim) is a Hebrew term - one among many translated as God in the OT; along with El Shaddai and Yahweh.  It is a plural term. In my humble opinion, Substituting the Hebrew term for the Greek term in a mistranslation.  But what do I know?

In the OT, Elohim could either be the most high God or little wannabe Gods, like the false gods Baal, Dagon, and Molech. Otherwise, why would God say:

"Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly; there with the elohim" (Psalm 82:1 CJB)   Later on in the Psalm, God says:

"“My decree is: ‘You are elohim [gods, judges],
sons of the Most High all of you.
7 Nevertheless, you will die like mortals;
like any prince, you will fall.’”

These sons of God (elohim)will perish - probably in the lake of fire.

International Standard Version (ISV) translates this verse differently: "Seth also fathered a son, whom he named Enosh. At that time, profaning the name of the Lord began."  Weren't people already worshipping the Lord prior to Enos?  Like Adam and Seth?  According to Gen. 5:6, Enos (or Enosh) lived over 900 years - up to the time of the flood.He would have still been alive when Noah was born.  People DEFINITELY were profaning the Lord by then.

Another point - in the OT, only direct creations of God were called "sons of God".  All descendants of Adam are called "sons of man".  Even the geneologies of Jesus point this out"

"the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel, the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God." (Luke 3:37-38)

In the NT, the only reason we can be called "sons (and daughters) of God" is that we are a "new creation" (2 Cor. 5:17); and only God can create.

So, while I appreciate your exhaustive research to support your position, I respectfully disagree with most of it.

Joe I am not asking anyone to agree but to do as you have done. Then we can calmly discuss it. In the NT, the Greek is used which is Theos. So let's start with Theos, the etymology root word is Zeus and the etymology of Zeus is demon. It is a lot so I will not provide it. You seen to  look up the words. You can start with god and it will lead you to Zeus and demon.

In Hebrew I will allow you to see how Strong says the Title:  H430: 'ĕlôhı̂ym, pronounce; el-o-heem' and the word is plural. www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=h430

There are  sources that you can check out, and that why I use the original Paleo Hebrew ELOHIYM, which is plural for YAHWEH'S SURNAME that also can be defined as ALMIGHTY.

RULERS: YAHWEH & YAHSHUA

JUDGES: YAHWEH & YAHSHUA

DIVINE ONES: THE FATHER, THE SON, THE HOLY SPIRIT

ARK ANGEL: MICHAEL THE SON

Ayil: Is Satan and all the angels, they are mighty. Strong states: Shortened from H352; strength; as adjective mighty.

EL: is the singular form of ELOHIYM and it stands for ALMIGHTY Strong

Angels are not divine most are holy, but Satan has planted this false concept in man's mind. Isa 14:12-15; Rev 19:10

I will allow the Bible to speak for itself:

But as many as received HIM, to them gave the power to become the sons of ELOHIYM, even to them that believe on HIS NAME: John 1:12 

For as many as are led by THE SPIRIT of ELOHIYM, they are the sons of ELOHIYM. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of ELOHIYM. Rom 8:14, 19 

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of ELOHIYM, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Php 2:15 

Behold what manner of love THE FATHER hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of ELOHIYM: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew HIM not. Beloved, now are we the sons of ELOHIYM and it do not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when HE shall appear, we shall be like HIM; for we shall see HIM as HE IS. 1John 3:1, 2 

For unto which of the angels said HE at any time, Thou art MY SON, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a FATHER, and he shall be to ME a Son? Heb 1:5 

Satan is an angel and all of them that fell with him, so when did he call any angel HIS SON?

The Bible did not say profane, and Enos lived 905 years and died???? Methuselah lived 969 years and he was oldest man that lived! Listen Cain children went astray and Seth sons that were mentioned in Chapter 5 remain faithful but their children married Cain's children and went astray!

I do not accept neither does ELOHIYM accept other names given from idols as almighty. Ex 23:13  (The KJV uses THE SACRED TITLE, but the TS2009 uses the word mighty ayil; I agree). Example of proof is found in 1 King Chapter 18. Here are the Sacred Name Bibles: KJV; TS2009; The Word of YAHWEH; Hebraic Root Bible and Strong Hebrew and Greek Dictionary and other Bible Dictionary. I used ELOHIYM because that is the original spelling and transliteration.

I do not accept the Orthodox Jewish Bible at all. I have the old publication of the Tanakh and its being change as well. Historically, I do not accept the Ashkenazi as Hebrews and they do not claim that as well. I do not accept the religion they call Judaic because it is not Biblical. This Rabbinic Judaic sect came out of the Babylonian exile. They grew in strength during the time of YAHSHUA. Once the temple was destroyed their belief system took over. YAHWEH call out IsraEL and gave them HIS TITLE! YAHSHUA never claim HIS people as Judah only, but IsraEL!

The Hebrew script that is used today is not the Paleo Hebrew Script. Words have been changed in the Bible to please other denominations. The Bible never says one religion, it says one faith and that is what I accept. I do not like to argue with anyone or say where they going. What I try with all my heart to do is to present the evidence. I am truly happy that you search out any thing that I have provided. That's great! I apologize for not given the Bible I used this last time. I promise the Pastor I would and I have before. 

Finally, when you get baptize you become a new creature.

Blessings!

You obviously look into stuff WAY deeper than I do in places I didn't even know existed.  Good for you.  I still don't know the translation or paraphrase that you use.  And I still don't agree with your rationale for using the name "Elohiym" In the NT.  But what do I know?

I DO know that Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Israel will be principal participants in the end time conflict.  Not so sure about the US or the RCC.

• Moderators

Etymology of Theos:  The standard understanding of the etymology of the Greek word "Theos,"  that of a generalized God kor of gods.  This is true across many languages and cultures.  Tis is not a Christian God.  Rather it is applied across the board to pagan concepts of god without reference to Christian understandings.  In some languages, this is a generalized concept, while in other languages it may be considered as a specific name for a god.

From this perspective, in one case, it is considered to be a specific name  for the god Zeus. But, it should be noted that such may also be said in regard to other gods of other religions, to include the Buddhist religion.  Some alternative views have deviated from the standard view and focused  on this.  but, the standard view remains, as I have stated in the 1st paragraph.

Gregory

6 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

where dost thou figure these guys get their weapons from?

It certainly isnt The Republican Guard of the Iranian armed forces. Follow the money trails...follow the weapons trails...the chicken comes home to roost. None of the four listed above would be a "northern kingdom" to the US 

Grade 5 geography should verify that.

The Bible is almost exclusively a group of books written by people from Israel about Israelites for Israelites.  The US is never explicitly mentioned in scripture.  Nobody (except God) even knew the Americas existed when the Bible was written.  Why would I be concerned about a northern kingdom relative to the US? Israel, however, has many "northern kingdoms to be concerned about - like Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey. And then there are those kings of the south - Egypt and Saudi Arabia.  Yup, Israel has a lot to be concerned about the nations gathering to attack them.

9 hours ago, JoeMo said:

The Bible is almost exclusively a group of books written by people from Israel about Israelites for Israelites.  The US is never explicitly mentioned in scripture.  Nobody (except God) even knew the Americas existed when the Bible was written.  Why would I be concerned about a northern kingdom relative to the US? Israel, however, has many "northern kingdoms to be concerned about - like Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey. And then there are those kings of the south - Egypt and Saudi Arabia.  Yup, Israel has a lot to be concerned about the nations gathering to attack them.

I heard a radio preacher gave a talk on this subject back in the 1980's and he used this illustration to make the point that America is in God's word.

He basically said that the Bible says that in the endtime when troubles comes upon JerUSAlem. America will be in the middle of it.

In that presentation, he identified the  USA in Bible prophecy.

His child Henry 

• Moderators

I would simply remind people that the Biblical autographs were not written with the alphabet used   by the English language.  So, in the language in which the Bible was first written, the example falls apart.

I am reminded of the preacher who was preaching against a female hair style in which the hair was done up in a knot on the top of the head.  To  support his belief, he stated that Matthews 24:17 stated  "top knot come down."  

Eisegesis, pure and simple.

Gregory

From my reading of Daniel 11, the USA has become the king of the North and Iran is now the king of the South.

Hence, the endtime conflict, when the ships from Chittim (symbolic of Mediterranean island inhabited by Greeks. The Greek kingdom extended itself to Persia … Iran)

Daniel 11 states that the ships from Chittim will attack the king of the North.

Da 11:30 " For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant."

With America identified as the king of the North, its President will forsake the holy covenant. First it forsakes our constitution (a covenant between the US people and the government) that forbids it from making any laws favoring religion and then the president forsakes the Sabbath (God's Covenant) by setting up the Mark of the Beast. According to Strong the word translated as  covenant can also be translated as constitution.

In my reading of Revelation 17 and 18 the woman riding the beast has the Mark of the Beast on her forehead. 

Being that this is where we are in Bible prophecy, the #IranUSwar is not far off. It remains to be seen what precipitates it and the roles that President Trump or Pence will have in the scenario that has been foretold 600 years before Christ. The USA is in Bible prophecy and the events foretold are upon US.

His child Henry 

12 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I would simply remind people that the Biblical autographs were not written with the alphabet used   by the English language.  So, in the language in which the Bible was first written, the example falls apart.

I am reminded of the preacher who was preaching against a female hair style in which the hair was done up in a knot on the top of the head.  To  support his belief, he stated that Matthews 24:17 stated  "top knot come down."  

Eisegesis, pure and simple.

I heard that same preacher. God certainly has a sense of humor to hide things in His word that can have multiple meanings things that folks can twist to make it say what it does not or to use to explain away what it clearly says.

His child Henry 

• Moderators

You and I differ on this point:  I do not believe that God has hidden such in the Bible.

Gregory

though I noted that I am aware of the preacher's comments, it does not mean that I support them wholeheartedly.

Sometimes, the sure word of God does not grab our attention as it ought to.

It should not surprised anyone if God were to go to extra ordinary means to try to get our attention.

Quote EG White

Transgression has almost reached its limit. Confusion fills the world, and a great terror is soon to come upon human beings. The end is very near. God's people should be preparing for what is to break upon the world as an overwhelming surprise. {CG 555.2}

• Like 1

His child Henry 

On 10/9/2018 at 11:00 PM, The Wanderer said:

I appreciate all of your efforts and research here. I find it interesting and of value for research One thing I discovered in my own, personal study is that today, we are not always bound to try to speak a Bible text in its "original language" as people these days like to call it in order to attempt lending credibility to their theories and understanding.

I believe God had this in mind; and that He did anticipate that the average person reading scripture would not have access to or have ability to decipher text from the many different flavors of "original language."

The very reason God has allowed all the hundreds of different names in the Bible for God is that He anticipated most would never be "experts;" and every single different name in the Bible for God has direct correspondence to some felt needs that all people experience from time to time.

"Elohim" is not an accurate translation for many texts with one of God's names. Sometimes it is used more as a verb and other times as a noun or adjective of sorts and in the context of "Elohim" it was not always intended as "plural."  I can post some references another time. :)

Thanks Wander but allow me to express that the confounding of languages was because of sin. Satan has used languages to deceive men and women. YAHWEH warn not to use other names for HIS and man does what he wants regardless. ELOHIYM is not a NAME, it is HIS TITLE and man does the same since being created. 

A surname, family name, or last name is the portion (in some cultures) of a personal name that indicates a person's family (or tribe or community, depending on the culture). OxfordDictionaries.com

Unfortunately, I do not have my ancestors title because it was change during slavery. Most do not know that most cultures  in the world honors the surname. It has to do with family and heritage and this comes from THE MOST HIGH! 

All the last name here in America came from the English, Spanish or French who surnames or titles had to with their shield and ancestor's title that was past down for generations. Men from all nations did this and this was a honor to be honest that's why we today have family reunions because of your last name!

What is so sad is that the TITLE has a very significant meaning and today we cling to believe men that change words to fit their belief or thinking. Yet many here claim they accept EGW when she had a vision that words were changed in the Bible. Why is that so important because claim that YAHWEH ELOHIYM had a hundred names. That is not so! We want to excuse the plural form of the name when the Bible shows through names the significance of the singular form and THEY used the plural form only when THEY speak of THE FATHER, THE SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT. Who I remind all that YAHSHUA said very clearly that THE HOLY SPIRIT never speaks of HIMSELF!

Finally one can be satisfied to feel secure but I state clearly this verse:

Give to YAHWEH THE GLORY of HIS NAME; worship YAHWEH in the majesty of HOLINESS. Psa 29:2 HRB

Again it comes to choice and obedience. Our names to us are important so much look at what's happening to USA voting system today. Why is that, and we must have a passport to travel the world. I say to you all what in a name?

Blessings!☺️

On 10/8/2018 at 9:22 AM, hch said:

Well it's happening people claiming they are prophets. I have said that I truly believe in the visions of EGW but she said herself that she was not a prophetess. I just do not understand why all the labels when the Bible said this:

But this is that which has been spoken by the prophet Joel, And it shall be in the last days, ELOHIYM says, I will pour from MY SPIRIT on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy; and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; And also I will pour out MY SPIRIT on MY servants and handmaids in those days, and they shall prophesy. Act 2:16-18 WOY

Strong Greek: G3494; a youth. That is why it is so important to look up things because in the KJV is has men and that is not correct. The word is youth only also the Greek word for elderly and not man as well. If it this Verse was only for men then EGW would not had her visions. Both EGW and Hiram Edison had visions and they were not prophets. Now you wonder why women are saying enough! We will not be treated as second class citizens, WE ARE EQUAL TO MEN!!!! The church has a nerve to not allow women to preach over men egos!!!!!

When we go against what the Bible says then people want to claim themselves as prophets. If we would read our Bibles only YAHWEH recognize who was HIS prophet. The last prophet recognize in the Bible was John and HE made it clear that he was given everything that would take place in the last days.

What both Hiram Edison and EGW saw was already given to John. What they both saw was an addition simply for understanding and still we as SDA are divided over their visions. We have the church questioning the Investigated Judgment. The vision that EGW saw of the 144,000 was so clear it is unbelievable. She saw the Advent people, then a band and finally a 144,000. Later on EGW only was permitted to see the names “engraved in letters of gold on tables of stones,” the 144,000. The she was even told that she along with them will follow YAHSHUA and shall have “the privilege of visiting all the worlds and viewing the handiwork of” ELOHIYM! Now I tell you how clear it that? Early Writings p. 17-19; 26

When we claim to accept the visions of EGW, we actually don’t only her writing that suits us. She stated constantly to take the Bible and she said that if what they believe, (not what she saw in visions), has been proven to be error prove it. Take the Bible as they did when they found that the shut door message was wrong. They stood up and admitted it was in error, but SDA today will not do that and that’s the problem. Now as the Bible states from THE MOUTH of YAHSHUA that there will be those who make these false claims. When I look at Henry’s message about Iran and then he stated 2030 when we are at the door now.

This hurricane that just took place does any of you actual notice what happen? The eye before when it come on land the hurricane begins to die; this one didn’t! The hurricane was a three over south central Georgia. I live northwest Georgia very close to Alabama, my son lives in LaGrange and if I pass his house I am in Alabama. It rained a lot here even when the hurricane was still in the Gulf of Mexico. The weather experts said this was so unusual especially the size of the eye wall and other factors. They are saying that the water was extra warm plus other new things was in the mix as well. We getting back to back hurricanes and the force of this one was unbelievable. Have you all seen the damage and it also still cause damage to SC and NC with more rain. They just had a hurricane! Damages are more and more because they are coming so regularly and this was October and it is not cold yet!

Folks what on earth are we doing, time is running out and we have become so lack, talking about future time. We haven’t even reach 2/3 rd of the people on this earth with what we call the truth! The hatred and disparity that is taken place today should tell you something. If you do not see it and political parties are taking side against each other base on sex, fraud, lying, racism, hatred because one believes politically different then you: Oh my! The killing, and destruction the world is about to take a nosedive and we claiming now that Iran is Biblical-really Henry! The earth is dying!!!!! I truly see why only a 144,000 is barely going to make it to finish the work. We are so caught up it is ridiculous and I must say I am shaken by it. I want YAHSHUA to come so much and it is my duty to cry out WAKE UP! I do not know what else to say? I love you but we all must choose this day whom we will serve and I must say with love. As for me, I am going to serve YAHWEH!

Blessings!

On 10/6/2018 at 12:03 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

JoMo, the author of the Bible that Stinsommarri uses has published it as a translation.  I would not challenge it as being called a dynamic translation.  I am not addressing the issue as to whether or not is accepted by scholars as being a valid translation.  Stinsonmarri uses it.  I am not going to object to her using it as long as she identifies it as the one she is citing.  She has agreed to do so, and I was  simply reminding her of that agreement, in order that people not be confused.

Pastor I did apologize, and I told him I forgot before I read your comment. But I would like to address you on dynamic translation. I sometime feel that being a woman it is like we are not familiar with the different translation theories.

According to Eugene Nida, dynamic equivalence, the term as he originally coined, is the "quality of a translation in which the message of the original text has been so transported into the receptor language that the response of the receptor is essentially like that of the original receptors." Nida, Eugene A., and Charles R. Taber, (1969); The Theory and Practice of Translation, With Special Reference to Bible Translating, 200, Leiden: Brill

I am full aware of both formal/functional and the dynamic equivalence terms. Wikipedia express my understanding that I was taught in school very clearly:

Formal equivalence approach tends to emphasize fidelity to the lexical details and grammatical structure of the original language, whereas dynamic equivalence tends to employ a more natural rendering but with less literal accuracy.

Because functional equivalence approach eschews strict adherence to the grammatical structure of the original text in favor of a more natural rendering in the target language, it is sometimes used when the readability of the translation is more important than the preservation of the original grammatical structure.

Formal equivalence is often more goal than reality, if only because one language may contain a word for a concept which has no direct equivalent in another language. In such cases, a more dynamic translation may be used or a neologism may be created in the target language to represent the concept (sometimes by borrowing a word from the source language).

The more the source language differs from the target language, the more difficult it may be to understand a literal translation without modifying or rearranging the words in the target language. On the other hand, formal equivalence can allow readers familiar with the source language to analyze how meaning was expressed in the original text, preserving untranslated idioms, rhetorical devices (such as chiastic structures in the Hebrew Bible) and diction in order to preserve original information and highlight finer shades of meaning.

These are the tools of studying to be a Biblical Historian. But what is left out is the most important tool THE HOLY SPIRIT.  Men think they can out do THE MOST HIGH and they can't that these so call theories are better and they are not. Do they have some merit yes but I use them both; however I check the resources and both the translation and transliteration of the word. I am going to give you that most will not like but to prove a point. 

Now I will provide the same Verse from all the translation Bibles that I use:

God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. Gen 9:27 KJV

Let Elohim enlarge Yapheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shěm. And let Kena‛an become his servant.” Gen 9:27  TS2009

Elohim shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall live in the tents of Shem, and Canaan shall be their slave. Gen 9:27  HRB

Elohim shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. Gen 9:27   WOY

Now if you notice that they all say that Japheth shall be enlarge! Is this correct and do it it fit in with either formal or dynamic let's see. What we will look up is the word large because as a young girl I believe the KJV that Japheth would spread all around the world, which I felt make sense. But let's take a closer look at the word:

H660: pâthâh (paw-thaw'): A primitive root; to open, that is, be (causatively make) roomy; usually figuratively (in a mental or moral sense) to be (causatively make) simple or (in a sinister way) delude: - allure, deceive, enlarge, entice, flatter, persuade, silly (one). Strong Hebrew Dictionary

Boy was I confuse first it meant to open and roomy, then these other negative words and also enlarge is in with them? So I go to Hub.com I am sure that you know about this website and look at what I found:

Words Added_Page_1.tiff

Words Added_Page_2.tiff

Now I was truly puzzle and had to some distinctive research. I look at the verses that Hub provided and not one of them had the word enlarge, roomy at all. They all use the various negative word. So I put in the word enlarge and I got this:

H7337: râchab, (raw-khab'); A primitive root; to broaden (intransitively or transitively, literally or figuratively): - be an en- (make) large (-ing), make room, make (open) wide. Strong Hebrew Dictionary

Now I check Verses from this word and it had nothing to do with Japheth but it used all the words from Strong H7337. If you notice in the Hub chart Japheth is called pathah. Why would the European translators change this word? I feel because of what it actual mean which were negative words. You see the Canaanites was to be servants of servants to their brothers and servants (not slaves) to their uncles. Why because YAHWEH came to them first and the Bibles states it in Gen 15:16. The Children of Israel were not slaves, but servants and they got paid which is the same in Biblical times and today. Now Japheth children had problems too and sadly the translators did something real big they added a lie! I am sorry but they did. This had nothing to do with formal/functional or dynamic this was just added or change to make this brother's children look better then the other two brothers childrens.

Let me explain something to all, I have in my home numerous Bibles, lexicons and other source books (my house and shed is full of books), since I started studying History and Biblical Religion and other Religions in school. I studied, wrote articles and have spoke on various occasion about the problems that Biblical scholars lack and that is understanding culture. When you do not understand the culture of the time you will not get a clear grasp of the language. The Dead Sea Scroll reveal something. It reveal that the Hebrews spoke an AfroAsiatic language that we now know is Paleo Hebrew. The language comes from the Canaanites who if you read all the modern translations they love to put these people down. We all have sin and come short of the GLORY of THE MOST HIGH! Any without sin cast the first stone! We all have problems that we are ashamed of. Hey Nimrod came from Cush and look what he's done. Shem got the blessing of YAHSHUA coming through their line but they are the ones who had HIM crucified!

Yet, when the truth has been reveal that the Hebrews who were Chaldeans who came from Ebner; they did not speak a Semitic language. But Biblical Scholars wanted to ease it in there anyway. Let me tell you something, when you put one person down you put all of us down. We all came from Noah and from Adam! We all have problems and hating each other means you hate THE CREATORS! I want it to be clear that I having been search and studying for over 40 years and I still research words over and over again. I know I am not perfect, but I am striving by THE GRACE of THE MOST HIGH! I want everyone to check out everything I present here. If I am wrong I will gladly accept my error and correct my error but would any of you do the same? The Bible say that people are lost due to the lack of knowledge and understanding, ours or THE MOST HIGH! YAHSHUA said: "In vain do man worship ME teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Mat 15:9

I want all do realize that the word study means to research. Men have tampered with YAHWEH'S WORD! One good thing about the ancient writers they were chosen by YAHWEH and the Dead Sea Scroll showed that they were consistent. We are not today and that's sad. Why I ask you Pastor would EGW have a vision that she was shown words were changed in the Bible if this is not important? Are we just so suppose to take these Bible Scholar words because they have a PHD beside them or because they are well known? EGW said we shouldn't, do we believer or not or when what she wrotes suits us?

I am not well known by the world standard, but I am in favor and known by THE MOST HIGH and I owe my allegiance to HIM! Many may not agree with me and that's fine, we all must make our own choices. But I have been to college and I have a degree. I almost finish my Master but had to quit and take care of my two elderly parents. My Master I feel came by THE HOLY SPIRIT and with the aid of all here in this forum. For every challenge or question or subject I address has help me in achieving a better understanding of the Bible. I owe my gratitude to you all and thank you all so much. I just do not want you think because I am a women, I do not know the philosophical teachings and theories that are the norms. I was taught them in school. I don't agree with them in everything and I ask THE HOLY SPIRIT to guide me. If I make a mistake and I have, that's why I constantly ask please check out things I have presented. Some have and that's great and I appreciate it but let's discuss all things with meekness and kindness. Respecting that we all are intelligent human beings and with THE HOLY SPIRIT to guide us we can all choose to find truth! I truly hope I haven't offended anyone!

Happy Sabbath and be bless!

• Moderators

Stinsonmarri:  As I have posed many times, both formal and dynamic translations of the Bible have their place. 

Gregory

20 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Stinsonmarri:  As I have posed many times, both formal and dynamic translations of the Bible have their place. 

Pastors you did not stated what you pose. This is what you stated; "I would not challenge it as being called a dynamic translation.  I am not addressing the issue as to whether or not is accepted by scholars as being a valid translation." Can you please be kind enough to explain why you made this statement? I use more then one translated version of the Bible. I used the Sacred KJV basically because it uses the correct spelling of ELOHIYM instead of ELOHIM. That really is the only reason I use that particular one. If you notice I truly gave Joe Moe the actual reason for using ELOHIYM because that is exactly how it is transliterated in  all the Old Testament Hebrew lexicon such as Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon. Now do you think that any of the Bible I used may not be accepted by scholars as being valid? All of the versions of the Bible I use are accepted and a part of e-sword a very reprical module that you can download. They also have Bible Support and I use Gateway, Hub.com. The only Bible I used that was not a part of the ones that I mention above is the SACRED NAMES KJV and I only use the Text because THE SURNAME is spell correctly and that's it. So that is why I need clarification on what you meant.

Blessings!