ClubAdventist is back!

G C Takes Action

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Today, the General Conference established a process, which was published today on the website of the REVIEW, by which action can be taken agains leaders and organizations which are not compliant with policy.

https://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story6304-regard-for-and-practice-of-gc-session-and-general-conference-executive-committee-actions

https://www.adventistreview.org/church-news/story6304-regard-for-and-practice-of-gc-session-and-general-conference-executive-committee-actions

Yes, this action covers much more than the role and function of women.  But, that is likely going to be the focus.

Time will have to demonstrate how this policy is actually carried out.

NOTE:  The above URL is not properly working.  I am attempting to correct it.

Failed:  Try plugging the following into a search engine and see what turns up:

Regard for and Practice of General Conference Session and General Conference Executive Committee Actions.

Plugging the above into a search engine worked for me.  I hope it works for you.

Gregory

• Moderators

The following URL works where the one listed in the post above does not.

https://www.adventistworld.org/regard-for-and-practice-of-general-conference-session-and-general-conference-executive-committee-actions/

NOTE:  You heard about this first from this forum.  The OP in this thread was posted about 20 minutes after notice was posted in the Review website.  As I write this, neither Adventist Today nor Spectrum has posted about this.  This forum has delivered an important news item to you before any other independent source posted it. 

Gregory

• Members

by virtue of prior General Conference Executive Committee actions and General Conference Session actions, shall have authority to consider and recommend to the General Conference Administrative Committee, division officers, and General Conference Executive Committee, applying the existing General Conference working policies and guidelines, such as removal of the individual member “for cause.”

would that "removal" mean "removal from church membership," "removal from office," or "removal to an Adventist 're-education' camp"?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

It would be removal of the member from their position whether elected or appointed.

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The document that I referenced in my post spoke to the issue of how to discipline certain committee members who were out of compliance with policy.  It was not  speaking to the act of the ordination of individuals.  It was addressing the discipline of committee members who were already ordained/commissioned.

Some of the positions on the committees were filled by people who were elected to their position.  My assumption was that situations could arise in which a person on that committee would have been appointed to their position, rather than elected to that position.  This is due to the fact that some denominational leaders are elected and some are appointed..

So, in response to the question raised, I stated that the discipline would apply to a person whether that person had been elected or had been appointed to the position.

By the way, Stan, who  runs this forum, has held positions of leadership in which he has been elected and at times has been appointed, if I understand the positions that he has held.

Gregory