ClubAdventist is back!

Unity & Schism

Gregory Matthews

Interesting. But if schism comes, it will be a shock to the 99.9% of Adventists who don't follow church politics and who neither understand nor care what the whole dispute is about. Were I to poll my local congregation and ask them what is the biggest challenge facing the church today, I doubt one in a hundred would name women's ordination.

• Like 2

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

• Moderators

My opinion:  Female ordination is NOT the biggest challenge facing the SDA denomination today.   The Unity document to include overall attempts to achieve unity, is the biggest challenge that the SDA denomination faces today.  

Gregory

28 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

My opinion:  Female ordination is NOT the biggest challenge facing the SDA denomination today.   The Unity document to include overall attempts to achieve unity, is the biggest challenge that the SDA denomination faces today.   

I would agree. But I would suspect that the vast, vast, vast majority, like 99.5% or more, of the active SdA membership has never heard about the Unity document or has any idea what it is.

• Like 1

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

• Moderators

The only person who will be upset if the unity committee doesn't pass the proposed rules will be TW himself.   He has a skewed opinion of his place in this denominational structure; he thinks (as did his father before him) that as president of the General Conference he is boss of the church.  He can dictate when and how we should worship, for instance.  

As for myself, I'll just sit back and wait till TW's term of service is ended, and then the denominational activities can return to normal.

Remember:   The pastorate in our church is TO SERVE, not to boss the members.  The strength of our church is at the grass roots -- in the membership.

There is absolutely no Scriptural basis for disallowing women in the ministry.  

Jeannieb

• Like 2

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....