ClubAdventist is back!

Dan Jackson's closing statements NAD, Nov 5, 2018

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

(Just an FYI)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I appreciated his statement.  I agree that we as a church should focus on the big picture of evangelizing the world for Jesus rather than this small distraction over WO.  I inferred from his statement that he believed that Divisions should be allowed to make their own decisions concerning matters of non-doctrinal policy (like WO) rather than mandating that whole world church be forced to follow the same path.  Don't know what transpired in the previous discussions.  Guess I don't care that much about denominational politics.

• Members

I posted his closing statement here because there seems to be a kerfuffle about it betwixt the opposing sides of the WO / Compliance issues on Facebook...  Since it's not unreasonably long, just thought I'd post it here so at least folks could know what they're arguing about..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members
On 11/6/2018 at 4:27 PM, Stan said:

Well said Mr Jackson.

After actually listening to this video Stan I agree! The only problem I have is in his own words "if God wants something to happen, it will happen!" Problem is he says that, than its OK with him that they go against the vote that had been taken!! So I say the same thing, that if God wants WO to pass, it will happen!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

On 11/6/2018 at 4:03 PM, Lone Ranger said:

GO DAN JACKSON!!!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

I appreciate him standing up for the equality of women and their rights in western culture.  I also respect the feelings of those in other cultures where women are "less equal" than men.  That's why I think the compromise should be as Elder Jackson proposed - let individual Divisions (or Unions or Conferences) decide for themselves on women elders and pastors.  There will always be those on both sides of the fence no matter what the church does.

But like I said before - this issue is not going to impact my faith or relationship with Christ or anyone else watching this forum.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Certainly that would allow divisions to take into consideration customs that are rooted. If change is needed then time is granted to make the changes in a way that the people can accept.

Jesus did things that were against the norm of the day. He broke chains in unexpected ways and left the rule-keepers speechless. 

Politics make people angry. 

• Like 4

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Discrimination just isn’t a very nice word, no matter where it’s found.

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

The OP video seems to be getting around including at Fulcrum7 where observations were made regarding the remarks of Dan Jackson - 

Dan Jackson's tirade:

http://www.fulcrum7.com/news/2018/11/6/tirade

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

On 11/9/2018 at 6:20 PM, B/W Photodude said:

Fulcrum7

At fulcrum7 they've been in full-blown "Jackson derangement syndrome" mode for years. When I started following their page at least 1-in-3 articles were well written with some biblical grounding or some spiritual content. However over the last year it's all politics and all cultural warrior nonsense all the time. They're interested in little else than following popular cultural trends drawn from contemporary politics and media, all with a veneer of churchianity.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

“Train of Cars” Metaphor

In one of her most memorable metaphors, Ellen White describes something that she saw in a “parable” vision. The date is not specified, but it was sometime between the vision of 1850 and the writing of this description in 1854: “I saw the rapidity with which this delusion was spreading. A train of cars was shown me, going with the speed of lightning. The angel bade me look carefully. I fixed my eyes upon the train. It seemed that the whole world was on board, that there could not be one left. Said the angel, ‘They are binding in bundles ready to burn.’ Then he showed me the conductor, who appeared like a stately, fair person, whom all the passengers looked up to and reverenced. I was perplexed and asked my attending angel who it was. He said, ‘It is Satan. He is the conductor in the form of an angel of light. He has taken the world captive. They are given over to strong delusions, to believe a lie, that they may be damned. This agent, the next highest in order to him, is the engineer, and other of his agents are employed in different offices as he may need them, and they are all going with lightning speed to perdition.’”  Ellen plaintively inquired if there were none left, and the angel told her to look in the opposite direction. “And I saw a little company traveling a narrow pathway. All seemed to be firmly united, bound together by the truth, in bundles, or companies. Said the angel, ‘The third angel is binding, or sealing, them in bundles for the heavenly garner.’ This little company looked careworn, as if they had passed through severe trials and conflicts. And it appeared as if the sun had just risen from behind a cloud and shone upon their countenances, causing them to look triumphant, as if their victories were nearly won.” 

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On November 13, 2018 at 10:10 AM, pierrepaul said:

At fulcrum7 they've been in full-blown "Jackson derangement syndrome" mode for years. …
over the last year it's all politics and all cultural warrior nonsense all the time. …

That's funny right there, as if, some of the other websites haven't been in full blown "Wilson Derangement Syndrome" for years! However, one of the things I look at when evaluating some of these websites are the comments of the readers. Way more telling about these sites are the kind of people they draw. However, you do your own evaluation of the reader comments.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 11/16/2018 at 10:48 PM, B/W Photodude said:

That's funny right there, as if, some of the other websites haven't been in full blown "Wilson Derangement Syndrome" for years! However, one of the things I look at when evaluating some of these websites are the comments of the readers. Way more telling about these sites are the kind of people they draw. However, you do your own evaluation of the reader comments. 

Absolutely, the "Wilson Derangement Syndrome" at Spectrum is laughable. To them everything the man does from his fashion and hairstyle choices to every word uttered from his mouth is part of some sinister plot. Fulcrum is the other side of the same coin.

I agree with you that the comment section is far more telling than the texts being published. Many of the commenters at Fulcrum see the church politics as little more than an extension of US party politics and the US culture wars. Over at Spectrum, many of the commenters won't be happy until the Adventist church ceases to be Adventist.

32 minutes ago, pierrepaul said:

...church politics as little more than an extension of US party politics and the US culture wars...

Well I totally agree with THAT! (Maybe not the rest of the post)

3 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Well I totally agree with THAT! (Maybe not the rest of the post)

All that's missing from Fulcrum is to put an elephant logo on the masthead.