ClubAdventist is back!

opposing sides — so different?

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

The image below makes me think of the "warring" factions within the church — on the issues of WO, signing a "pledge", church music, dress, jewelry, etc.

Everyone sees things from their own perspectives, which appear "right" to them, and seem to look down on those whose opinions and heartfelt convictions differ from theirs.  I've even seen people being called "satanic" for not agreeing with someone else's views.

It's really all in how you relate to others..   Making a step closer to understand someone else's view, doesn't mean you change yours.  If folks would just stop the bickering, and really listen to others, they might just discover that the *goal* of those folks is just the same as theirs — which really should be to share the gospel, and behave towards others as you'd like to be treated.

49114085_2067101933359550_4385872370468913152_n.jpg

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

PAM

yes we can  listen to the other view and make comments  as to what the BIBLE says

but some people  will not want to believe that they are  wrong

I will give  you  an example  ===there is  person  that attends our S.D.A. Church

this person believes most of what the S.D.A  believes  about the bible====but

this person says that wine is okay  to drink because the bible says JESUS drank wine

I have pointed  several bible  verses  about  strong drink and wine but this person does

not believe what the bible  is  saying====this person  also  has a  different  idea about

the soul not  dying===and again I have  shown bible verses but they  will not believe

we still talk and I even have given this person rides to church and  church socials

we do not talk about the difference  that much====but  every now and then this

person  brings  up  these topics and I just listen ===I have tried to let them know

that I do not  agree with them ====but some times it seems like it is a losing discussion

dgrimm60