ClubAdventist is back!

What's Going On?

JoeMo

Having been a member here for over a decade, I have noticed recently that activity on this site has taken a dive.  Most currently active topics are related to controversial views on prophecy and church "politics".  I have frankly exhausted my desire to continually debate my reasons for my more "eccentric" views on things.  I have come to the same conclusion as King Solomon did in Ecclesiastes.  Even as I have argued stridently to support some of my opinions, they really don't matter that much in the scheme of things.  I believe this, and you believe that, and someone else believes something else; and most of the issues are not salvational issues. 

I would venture to say this is becoming more and more to be an exclusive SDA club.  Very few non-SDA's visit the site or comment on things any more.  Is there any way we can broaden or refresh the topics we discuss?  Do any of you have any ideas on new topics?  Nothing crazy; but reasonable topics of a more universal Christian concern?  Or do we want this to be an exclusive SDA club?  I'm okay either way; I just want to see this be a more evangelic outreach.  We're supposed to bring the gospel to the world; not sit in the safety of our cocoons  discussing our minutiae in the privacy of our fortresses.  I understand that many of us have ministries outside of this site. 

I apologize in advance if this is stepping on anyone's toes or offending them.  Am I off base on this?

• Members

it does seem rather "ho-hum" on the forum these days...

I hate to say it, but I think political correctness has gotten in the way of vibrancy and interest — and has left a sense that one needs to walk on eggshells ...

Sad.

I miss the days of Mrs. Gray, and topics that aren't gleaned exclusively from other websites.  Just IMHO.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I miss some of the more prolific and challenging posters that used to be active hear - People like 8thdaypriest, Woody, Thomas the Doubter, and Tom Wetmore.  I also miss the wise words of some that post only occasionally now - like Pam, and Debbym, and Gail.  I liked Wanderer's idea about posting personal testimonies. I might just start a thread along those lines.

4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

are you saying that I am not "challenging?" lol

You are challenging!  Sometimes you wear me out.  But you are still here; so I don't miss you THAT much! :nana: