ClubAdventist is back!

Pope Approves Jesuits' Mission

B/W Photodude

Oh boy! They got a bunch of causes planned - spiritual formation, social justice, and environmentalism (Climate change).

Pope Approves Jesuits' Mission For The Next 10 Years

Pope Francis approved and confirmed the “apostolic preferences” chosen by the Jesuits for the next ten years. They are “in harmony with the priorities of the Church,” he affirmed ...

... four universal apostolic preferences in a letter to Jesuits worldwide, which was released today. They are:

To show the way to God through discernment and the Spiritual Exercises;  (spiritual formation)

To walk with the poor, the outcasts of the world, those whose dignity has been violated, in a mission of reconciliation and justice;   (social justice)

To accompany young people in the creation of a hope-filled future;  

To collaborate in the care of our Common Home  (environmentalism)

http://www.fulcrum7.com/news/2019/2/22/pope-approves-jesuits-mission-for-the-next-10-years

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

The article continued with:

These four ‘apostolic preferences’ are already being adopted by liberals the world over, and by progressive Adventism in particular. They are:

Interfaith mystical experience

Social Justice

Growing Young movement

Radical Environmentalism

Look for the promotion of each of these four liberal elements in certain quarters in the North American Division. It should be an interesting ten years.

Makes you wonder if there was a committee with representatives from more than Jesuits to coordinate all of this!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

7 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

What! You mean they're not going to hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive the heretics anymore? 

Only if they defy the Four Apostolic Preferences

The article seemed to imply that old rumor that the SDA Church is infested with Jesuits.  I think that is an urban legend.

19 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

The article seemed to imply that old rumor that the SDA Church is infested with Jesuits.  I think that is an urban legend.

The article suggested no such thing. It was strictly discussing an article published on the Vatican News website and was concerned with the direction of the Jesuits were going. Unfortunately, these ideals as adopted by the Jesuits are common in many circles and are even being promoted by SDAs. Also, unfortunately, there has been ecumenical cooperation between some in the SDA church and other religious bodies which could lead one to believe that there is Jesuit infiltration in the church or even worse, an article which has nothing to do with Jesuit infiltration is really about Jesuit infiltration! 

This is the article that Fulcrum7 was discussing:

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2019-02/pope-francis-letter-jesuit-general-sosa-four-priorities.html

Bill Liversidge Seminars

7 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

What! You mean they're not going to hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive the heretics anymore? 

It is believed by many, in and out of the church, that these measures being promoted by the Jesuits are also promoted by many on the left and by leftist religious thought. Environmental issues have been used as an excuse in the past to promote Sunday observance. One need not go far to find "Social Justice" being promoted even within the SDA church. The real fear on the part of many is that these measures are really measures to bring the world population under control. 

No, the Jesuits do not have the political power to do all the nasty things you suggested for heretics, but these measures when more fully realized will make it easier to persecute the followers of God under the guise that they are disturbers of the public peace.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

12 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

there has been ecumenical cooperation between some in the SDA church and other religious bodies

I am still on the fence whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.  On the one hand, I believe Christians must unite to face the onslaught of persecution  which I believe is coming in the near future.  On the other hand, it is a bad thing if people have to compromise by incorporating mandatory non-biblical beliefs (e.g., Mary and saints) in forming such a union.  I'm not real optimistic.

3 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

On the one hand, I believe Christians must unite to face the onslaught of persecution  which I believe is coming in the near future.  On the other hand, it is a bad thing if people have to compromise by incorporating mandatory non-biblical beliefs (e.g., Mary and saints) in forming such a union.  I'm not real optimistic.

I think via  The Bible and SOP, persecution will come and in the greatest battles of wills and minds (Armegeddon), it would be foolish to think that persecution will not come. Fact is, it is already here around the world. We just haven't been so tried here, sadly. (Persecution keeps the church purer.)

Bill Liversidge Seminars

2 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

I think via  The Bible and SOP, persecution will come and in the greatest battles of wills and minds (Armegeddon), it would be foolish to think that persecution will not come. Fact is, it is already here around the world. We just haven't been so tried here, sadly. (Persecution keeps the church purer.)

I agree.  The question is - will the persecution come against a house that is fragmented and divided, or against a house that is united in purpose and conviction?  A house divided against itself cannot stand.

7 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

I agree.  The question is - will the persecution come against a house that is fragmented and divided, or against a house that is united in purpose and conviction?  A house divided against itself cannot stand.

It will be against an individuals with one mind - not the "double minded man." It will be a war for individuals not organizations.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

I don't see a problem with the direction they have set for themselves. It seems to me that they are trying to get out in front of the issues we have in our world today, trying to be proactive  and create a positive change. I applaud them. Exactly how these 4 Universal Apostolic Perspectives will be interpreted and implemented remains to be seen, but I see nothing to promote fear in these.

I just don't see how these ideas can be bad.

1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

No, the Jesuits do not have the political power to do all the nasty things you suggested for heretics,

For the record, B/W, these are not things I have suggested for heretics. This is a line from the (now debunked) purported Jesuit Oath of Extreme Unction. Just to be clear.

31 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

I don't see a problem with the direction they have set for themselves. … Exactly how these 4 Universal Apostolic Perspectives will be interpreted and implemented remains to be seen, but I see nothing to promote fear in these.

As noted, some of these goals are being promoted by others and they will have an extreme effect on the world's population. And it has been noted by some to be more of a measure of control of the world's population. When some of these goals are really supported by junk science, it really makes you wonder.

31 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

This is a line from the (now debunked) purported Jesuit Oath of Extreme Unction. Just to be clear.

Well this document may or may not have been debunked. It is very old and has even been read into the Congressional Record. It also does't matter, because most of the tortures you listed were actually done to Protestants and other dissidents in the past.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

A couple of points: Adventist tradition expects us to return to the 5th head where there was papal supremacy.  What the Bible predicts is a moving on to the 7th head where the nations are united not under a political power that uses war to conquer the world as we had seen in the other 6 heads (Including the American and French revolutions that brought about the deadly wound or the 6th head). But nations uniting under economic cooperation (the merchants of the earth). While the papacy is not front and center in this developing world state, we are finding the papacy to be the moral voice of this developing world state. I am worried that too many Seventh-day Adventists, while waiting for the papacy to return to the front and center as they had under the 5th head will end up missing the boat when it comes to the 7th head. 

Also, Revelation keeps repeating the scorching hot sun in the last days. This sounds like global warming to me. Sadly there are too many conservative Christians who do not believe Revelation and denounce global warming. Will their naysaying push the world to a crisis where we will suddenly have to jump from the current situation of making moderate adjustment to suddenly needing to make extreme adjustments where everyone has to go along with the system or will the system need to hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury those who cannot go along with the system not because they are heretics and the Catholic Church wants to deal with heretics, but because earth needs us to yield to these extreme measures to try and prevent destruction from global warming and what comes along with global warming.  

10 hours ago, Kevin H said:

Also, Revelation keeps repeating the scorching hot sun in the last days. This sounds like global warming to me. Sadly there are too many conservative Christians who do not believe Revelation and denounce global warming.

I have also considered this.  While I am a believer in global warming,  I do have a hard time believing that it is predominantly caused by human activity.  If it is, I think we are already on an irreversible spiral.  Whereas developing countries may have to technology and resources to curb their own greenhouse gas emission, developing and 3rd-world countries - which are the fastest growing populations in the world, will likely cancel out any greenhouse gas reduction by wealthier more developed countries.  Furthermore, the Bible states that it will happen; so do we really think we can stop it?

How many people realize that water vapor is the most prevalent greenhouse has in our atmosphere?  Some climate theorists think the climate is self regulating.  The warmer it gets, the more water vapor that atmosphere can hold.  The more water that is in the atmosphere, the more the potential for catastrophic weather - like snow.  The more snow that falls, the "whiter the surface of the earth becomes - reflecting more heat back into space.  The more heat reflected into space, the cooler the earth becomes  Not saying this is a fact, just saying it's a theory.

Small rabbit trail - when Greenpeace people approach me to "chat about the climate",  my response is that the prophet said it would happen; who are we to say we can prevent the prophet's words from coming true?  They can't answer that question except by saying that we should at least try to reverse it.

14 hours ago, Kevin H said:

Revelation keeps repeating the scorching hot sun in the last days. This sounds like global warming to me. Sadly there are too many conservative Christians who do not believe Revelation and denounce global warming.

Revelation really only talks about the sun being hot and hurting people about one time. And that one time was a direct action of God on the earth. That one will have nothing to do with "global warming." "And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire." Revelation 16:8

The problem with global warming is that there are even large groups of scientists that do not believe this propaganda. I call it propaganda because the leftists have even suggested people be imprisoned or suffer other penalties for speaking out against this belief.

One of the problems for this belief is that the earth's weather is very dynamic. It goes thru cycles. You can find scientific articles from the 1920s discussing global warming. In the 1970s, there were articles being written about the coming ice age. 

Many things get published as being proof for global warming and other pollution related problems. A few years ago, it was all about the ozone hole that opened up over South America. So, the public go jerked around about fluorocarbons. But given they we are only now getting the technology to even see an ozone whole, how many others have naturally occurred thru the ages. We do not know. So, that goes for a lot of other things they are calling a sign of global warming.

And the global warming proponents have not always been truthful about it to begin with. There was a scandal a few years ago when the emails of these "scientists" were hacked which showed they were lying to the public about the "science of global warming." Nowadays, some scientists will not speak out against this propaganda because of the blowback from the true believers.

I have noticed that they seem to be calling it "global warming" less. Don't know if it is to get away from the association of the name or the fact that really cold weather is happening a lot and even average temps are decreasing. They seem to use the term "climate change." more.

I do not doubt the earth is wearing out like an "old garment," but I don't see leftist propaganda as being the fulfillment of that prophecy. But the prophecies I read talk about famines, pestilences, earthquakes and the like. However, it is politically incorrect to talk about some pestilences.

Bill Liversidge Seminars