ClubAdventist is back!

What i have accomplished as an adventist so far

Nightlydrag

I can name the stories of genesis in order ( I’m almost done with the first book)

ahem

adam and eve

noahs ark

sarai and abram

issac and rebbeckah 

jacob and esu 

joesph and his coat of many colors 

• Like 2

Good for you! It's a great start.  Now, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through the stories of each of these people; and how they relate to the story of Jesus.  For example, how Abraham represented God the Father and Isaac represented Jesus.  Abraham took his son on a distant journey, like the Father sent Jesus. Isaac carried the wood for the sacrifice, just as Jesus carried the cross of wood for His sacrifice. Isaac willingly would have given his life as a sacrifice to God, just as Jesus willingly gave up His life to be a sacrifice to God for us.  Just as Isaac lived, Jesus lives. Just as Isaac became the spiritual Father of physical Israel, Jesus became the Father of spiritual Israel.

I never thought of it like that thanks. Until I started reading the Bible I never realized 90% of bible stories I was told as a kid are in genesis 

9 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Good for you! It's a great start.  Now, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you through the stories of each of these people; and how they relate to the story of Jesus.  For example, how Abraham represented God the Father and Isaac represented Jesus.  Abraham took his son on a distant journey, like the Father sent Jesus. Isaac carried the wood for the sacrifice, just as Jesus carried the cross of wood for His sacrifice. Isaac willingly would have given his life as a sacrifice to God, just as Jesus willingly gave up His life to be a sacrifice to God for us.  Just as Isaac lived, Jesus lives. Just as Isaac became the spiritual Father of physical Israel, Jesus became the Father of spiritual Israel.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nightlydrag said:

I never thought of it like that thanks. Until I started reading the Bible I never realized 90% of bible stories I was told as a kid are in genesis 

As you read through the Old Testament, there are many "models" of grace and salvation that relate totally to Jesus' ministry and the history of Salvation.  When you read the story of the Exodus, you can see how Moses was a type of Christ as well - rescuing Israel from sinful Egypt just like Christ rescues us from this sinful world; and leading Israel to the Promised Land just like Jesus will lead us into th Promised Land.