ClubAdventist is back!

The One Project

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

A number of months ago, I reported on the death of The One Project.

At a later time, I reported that it, like a Phoenix had risen from  its ashes, and a small meeting was planned for the future.

Following that meeting, I reported that it might have a  future, but that future was not certain.

Well, today, I report that The One Project is likely to continue:

*  There will be a change in some leadership.  Some of the leaders in the past are moving on to other projects.

*  The new leadership may have some of the old, along with some new leadership.

*  No predictions can be made at this time as to how The One Project will be conducted in future meetings.

*  However, it is likely that future meetings will start much smaller than they have been in the past.

*  It is likely that the first of the future meetings will take place in February of 2020.

*  As to other issues, it remains to be seen  how they will develop.  So, I will not further report, at this time.

Gregory

1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

A number of months ago, I reported on the death of The One Project.

At a later time, I reported that it, like a Phoenix had risen from  its ashes, and a small meeting was planned for the future.

Following that meeting, I reported that it might have a  future, but that future was not certain.

Well, today, I report that The One Project is likely to continue:

*  There will be a change in some leadership.  Some of the leaders in the past are moving on to other projects.

*  The new leadership may have some of the old, along with some new leadership.

*  No predictions can be made at this time as to how The One Project will be conducted in future meetings.

*  However, it is likely that future meetings will start much smaller than they have been in the past.

*  It is likely that the first of the future meetings will take place in February of 2020.

*  As to other issues, it remains to be seen  how they will develop.  So, I will not further report, at this time.

Well, Willow Creek has many inroads into the Adventist church,  lets see if this comes in again.

• Moderators

Hobie:  Among the many accusations made against The One Project, few have suggested Willow Creek as a source.  Many have suggested another source.

You must be aware of information that has not generally been available to others.    Was this a divine revelation?  

• Like 3

Gregory

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

Hobie:  Among the many accusations made against The One Project, few have suggested Willow Creek as a source.  Many have suggested another source.

You must be aware of information that has not generally been available to others.    Was this a divine revelation?  

As we say in the islands, same dog puppy, or you can cover it with all the sweet smelling scent and perfume, but the smell of its origins stays with it.

• Moderators

Over the years, many false accusations have been made by people who have simply repeated false stories and not discovered the facts themselves.

That is exactly what you did.

Anyone falsely accused deserves better than that.   All can face true criticism.  None should have to face the false.

You have made a false accusation.  

Investigate.  Discover the truth.  Engage in a discussion of the truth.  I do not have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with that which is  false.

So, should you.

• Like 2

Gregory

21 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Over the years, many false accusations have been made by people who have simply repeated false stories and not discovered the facts themselves.

That is exactly what you did.

Anyone falsely accused deserves better than that.   All can face true criticism.  None should have to face the false.

You have made a false accusation.  

Investigate.  Discover the truth.  Engage in a discussion of the truth.  I do not have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with that which is  false.

So, should you.

One of our pastors was in one of the church's that had it and so its not 'false accusations', and there are many other sources that show the same thing. I would agree that everyone must study this to find out for themselves, and we can leave it at that.

• Moderators

You re telling me that one of your pastors had The One Project in their church!  That is highly suspect.  The One Project held multi-day meetings in hotel conference centers.

After The One Project disbanded, there was one small meeting in a SDA Church.  

NOTE:  I also am aware of a short one-day meeting held in the home congregation of one of the leaders of The One Project.  This was outside of the norm and really not like the typical multi-day meeting in a hotel Conference Center.

Hobie, I suspect that you do not know what The One Project is.

Please give me the date and the name of the SDA congregation that hosted The One Project and I will check it out.  If you are correct, and I am wrong, I will publicly state that  you are correct and acknowledge that I am wrong.

But, until you do that, I will continue to say that you have born false witness.

When you make specific charges as you did, it is OK to ask for proof.

Gregory

I attended a one-day regional gathering of the One Project at an SDA church in Colorado.  It seemed to me that many of the attendees were high-ranking church and SDA university officials, as well as folks from places like the Biblical Research Institute.  All topics centered around our relationship with Jesus.  I heard nothing outside of SDA "norms" or that disrespected traditional SDA culture. In fact, I found it to be "tame" and reverend.  I was blessed; and will never forget the spiritual revival I experienced.

[NOTE;  This was an exception that I mentioned in my post.  It was held at the home church of one of the leaders of The One Project.  It was not the typical One Project meeting--GM]  

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:48 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

You re telling me that one of your pastors had The One Project in their church!  That is highly suspect.  The One Project held multi-day meetings in hotel conference centers.

After The One Project disbanded, there was one small meeting in a SDA Church.  

NOTE:  I also am aware of a short one-day meeting held in the home congregation of one of the leaders of The One Project.  This was outside of the norm and really not like the typical multi-day meeting in a hotel Conference Center.

Hobie, I suspect that you do not know what The One Project is.

Please give me the date and the name of the SDA congregation that hosted The One Project and I will check it out.  If you are correct, and I am wrong, I will publicly state that  you are correct and acknowledge that I am wrong.

But, until you do that, I will continue to say that you have born false witness.

When you make specific charges as you did, it is OK to ask for proof.

He gave his testimony on the One Project, but nothing will shake your doubts I can see, till it shows its true purpose.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:10 AM, hobie said:

He gave his testimony on the One Project, but nothing will shake your doubts I can see, till it shows its true purpose.

I gave my testimony above as well on the positive benefits of the One Project.  Who do you believe (I'm guessing it's this pastor who spoke negatively; since that better fits your "judgement" of the One Project)?

I guess the only way to find out for sure would have been to attend a gathering yourself.  Too bad you missed it.