ClubAdventist is back!

Mission Senerity

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

See:

https://spectrummagazine.org/interviews/2019/survivor-abuse-church-works-help-other-victims\

One interesting quote:  Needing a bodyguard to attend church!

A few years after the court case, out of the blue, I met my gift from God — my atheist husband. I hadn’t been to church in 35 years and it turned out to be an atheist who said he would be my bodyguard and go back with me. I was scared. And scarred. But I wanted to be baptized.

The pastor at the church we went to was amazing, and within six weeks my husband and I both put our hands up for baptism.

Gregory

I find stories of this type, well, embarrassing. The victim mentality with which people identify is unhealthy. Scripture speaks of the blood of Christ which purges our conscience, yet few of these dear souls have experienced this kind of cleansing. Poor little Nandipa who claimed abuse from SKP, years after the event, was still identifying as a victim. It's really toxic, for the church as a community and for the individual. Mental health professionals have hijacked the redemptive process. Just another counterfeit gospel and a good example of the SDA ability to monetize religious experience.