ClubAdventist is back!

The Egg Will Hatch

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Gentlepeople:

I have the word and it is sure and certain.  From the ashes of its death, the Phoenix will rise again.   It will grow and become larger than it has been before.  In some ways it will be a bit different than it has been in the past.  It will not be the small little bird that it is now, struggling now to live.   There will be a new life.  It will have a power that it did not have in its former prime.  I am limited in what I can share with you.  The details will remain, for now vague.  But, I say to you:

The One Project has been given a new birth and will live again in greater power than in the past.

Gregory

• Members

At first, I thought the OP was from Henry...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

As I wrote the words of the first part of the OP,  I was aware that some people might compare my post to  that of HCH.

Gregory

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

Gentlepeople:

I have the word and it is sure and certain.  From the ashes of its death, the Phoenix will rise again.   It will grow and become larger than it has been before.  In some ways it will be a bit different than it has been in the past.  It will not be the small little bird that it is now, struggling now to live.   There will be a new life.  It will have a power that it did not have in its former prime.  I am limited in what I can share with you.  The details will remain, for now vague.  But, I say to you:

The One Project has been given a new birth and will live again in greater power than in the past.

Can anyone explain why the  One Project was controversial?

• Moderators

in my opinion, a response to your question may be summed by the following:

*  The One Project consisted of a two (2) or three (3) day conference.

*  The intended focus of this Conference was on  Jesus Christ and building such a relationship.

*  "A Major criticism was that this conference did not consist of doctrinal presentations of SDA teachings that are not commonly shared by other Christians. This criticism was true as it was never intended by TOP founders to expand the focus beyond getting to know Christ better, as the conference was limited to two and three days.  NOTE:  In actual practice,   those who attended the conferences were generally SDA members who had already been instructed in SDA doctrinal beliefs.

*  Other criticisms of TOP typically included  statements that were false, either in totality or in part.   The founders of TOP typically offered to personally meet with the major proponents of   these criticisms and all to often, those people refused to meet with the founders of TOP.

*  In some actual cases, denominational leaders were actively prevented from meeting with the founders of TOP.  In other cases denominational leaders were not able to meet with TOP founders.

*  In actual practice, as TOP developed, some changes were made in response to criticisms.

Gregory

• Moderators

I will give a specific example of a criticism of The One Project that was either false in totality or in part:

The Criticism:

*  Specific:  Several of the founders of TOP obtained graduate degrees from an academic institution that was  a Quaker school.

*  Implication:  Those founders had been instructed in a belief system that differed from the truths that SDAs know and believe.

The actual facts:

*  The school that those founders of TOP attended had been founded by the Quakers.  However, at the time those TOP founders attended it, it was no longer Quaker.  At that time it was owned and operated by a Protestant group.  That change had taken place years prior to the TOP founders  attending that school.

*  The academic program that those TOP founders took at that school was focused on helping them to understand how to reach people in our secular society today to convert to becoming a follower of Christ within the Biblical tradition of the ultimate authority of the Bible.

Conclusion:  You decide for yourself, whether this specific criticism was false in totality or in part.

NOTE:  The SDA denomination, to this day does not have an academic program designed to prepare people to convert secular  members of our society to followers of Christ.

Gregory

3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I will give a specific example of a criticism of The One Project that was either false in totality or in part:

The Criticism:

*  Specific:  Several of the founders of TOP obtained graduate degrees from an academic institution that was  a Quaker school.

*  Implication:  Those founders had been instructed in a belief system that differed from the truths that SDAs know and believe.

The actual facts:

*  The school that those founders of TOP attended had been founded by the Quakers.  However, at the time those TOP founders attended it, it was no longer Quaker.  At that time it was owned and operated by a Protestant group.  That change had taken place years prior to the TOP founders  attending that school.

*  The academic program that those TOP founders took at that school was focused on helping them to understand how to reach people in our secular society today to convert to becoming a follower of Christ within the Biblical tradition of the ultimate authority of the Bible.

Conclusion:  You decide for yourself, whether this specific criticism was false in totality or in part.

NOTE:  The SDA denomination, to this day does not have an academic program designed to prepare people to convert secular  members of our society to followers of Christ.

Thank you.

• Moderators

NOTE:  I expect that there will be major changes in The One Project as it comes into being again.  I have some knowledge as to what those changes will include.   But, I will wait to see what actually develops.  Therefore, I will not announce them here, at this time, as they are clearly in the planning stages.

Gregory

Jesus spent much of his time healing, because in the Kingdom there will be no sickness, and the rest of his time he spent teaching us what the Kingdom is like.

We can't really heal people using the Spirit of YHVH as Christ did, but we can promote the Kingdom. The Kingdom of YHVH belongs to no specific denomination, and as Jesus taught it, it is mostly self-explanatory.

We should try to leave doctrines out and stay with the teachings of Christ. We should, however, have an understanding of what heaven and hell are, and what we must do to be saved.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451