ClubAdventist is back!

Mision or Church?

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Earlier today the Internet edition of the REVIEW  posted the following comment, which I wrote, and copy below:

In brief, I suggest that sometimes our leaders face the choice of doing what the denomination requests, and doing what God wants done.

Feel free to comment in this forum.

I firmly believe that we must re-structure that manner in which we do business here in the NAD, if we are to accomplish the mission that God has given us. In a conversation two days ago, with a newly elected Conference President, I said: "The denomination will not allow you to do what God wants you to do, if you 'go by the book,' and I think that is what you do."

I spent 20 years in the military, which is the most structured organization that can exist. Yet, the essence of the mission given to commanders is to accomplish the mission. The best of the commanders are those who have at times thrown out the book and accomplished the mission in unique ways that were outside of military policy and standards.

If we are to prepare our individual congregations to conduct their business in the times that we believe constitute "end-time" events, we must make changes in the manner in which we due business here in the NAD, which in part will reduce their dependence upon the Conference.

Gregory