ClubAdventist is back!

Gospel Outreach

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

I turned Hope TV on today and watched a few minutes of a program that told a story that I suggest may be of interest to us as to how God works and in ways that we might not expect.  [NOTE:  Hope TV is a SDA, International, religious channel broadcasting in the US on Directv, and by other means.]

TJ, as I shall call him was a Hindu living in a region of India   that did not have a SDA presence.  One night, he was awakened by a dream in which he had been shown a cross and informed that he should follow that cross.

In that village, was a Roman Catholic Christian.  So, TV contacted that person who introduced him to a priest and following some studies, TJ Became a Roman Catholic Christian.

After a passage of time, an independent, Protestant group came into the village.  That group offered to give TJ additional training in Christian ministry, and TJ spent two (2) years undergoing that training.  When TJ finished that training they hired him to do ministry and for the next seven (7) years, TJ worked for them doing such.  Then his funding from that group went away.  About that time, TJ had began reaching out to a Seventh-day Adventist pastor who had come to the area.    This outreach resulted in TJ and several others joining the SDA Church.

That SDA pastor was connected with an independent SDA group that is not funded by the SDA Church, but is recognized by the SDA Church and works closely with the SDA denomination.

As that group considered TJs background, training and experience, it invited him to join with them in gospel outreach.  TJ accepted their offer, and now works with them, in a relationship where he is not funded by the SDA denomination and in one sense has some responsibility for raising his own salary needs.

My point:  God used an interesting route, and varied people, to prepare TJ to work as he now is doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gregory