ClubAdventist is back!

The One Project Returns February 2020

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

The following is an official release, dated September 3, 2019, from the One Project:

Chapter Two

Hi Friends,

As promised, the One project has returned and the new chapter will launch on February 16-17, 2020 at Boulder Adventist Church in Colorado. Space is intentionally limited and the conversation will be refreshingly open.

Registration has opened, with a discounted rate until November 1, 2019.

Join us in the quest to see Jesus as "The Great Prophet" for our time.

Jesus. All.

• Like 2

Gregory

On 9/3/2019 at 10:51 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

he new chapter will launch on February 16-17, 2020 at Boulder Adventist Church in Colorado.

I plan on going - God willing.  Are you planning to go, Gregory?

• 3 months later...

As promised, the One project has returned and the new chapter will launch on February 16-17, 2020

do you happen to know if they will be active anywhere in Canada?

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Moderators

I strongly suspect that The One Project does not have immediate plans to be active in Canada.

I see it as being active presently, on a smaller scale.

Gregory

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

I strongly suspect that The One Project does not have immediate plans to be active in Canada.

I see it as being active presently, on a smaller scale.

Even if it was, after investigation, I would never attend a ridiculous event such as this - and its apparently only 2-300 dollars or more to attend! 

Oh boy. Sure sounds "sustainable" to me. Nice "evangelism" for somebody!

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Moderators

In recent times, more people have wanted to attend a TOP Event than could be allowed to do so.

So, BlessedMan, on that basis  I commend you for  not attending.  Your absence opens up a space for someone else to attend.

Thank you for personally making it possible for someone else to attend.

• Like 2

Gregory

2 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

So, BlessedMan, on that basis  I commend you for  not attending.  Your absence opens up a space for someone else to attend.

I am very happy to oblige. I can go to the bar down the street here and listen to their kind of "music" for free if i want.

Join us in the quest to see Jesus as "The Great Prophet" for our time.

Jesus. All.

"Advertising" Jesus like this is the second problem. How on earth is anyone supposed to know Him in the middle of all that cacaphony? Anyone who doesnt have that kind of coin is the third problem. Its just a poobah session for those with the money to throw away at such useless ventures. There's a reason the first one shut down. This will be no different.

But Im sure we can all count on "glowing testimonies."

rebels and sinners shall be broken together, and those who forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
For they shall be ashamed of the oaks that you desired; and you shall blush for the gardens that you have chosen. (Isa 1:28-29)

We would do well to pay better attention to the prophets - you know. The real ones, in the Bible.

You are to distinguish between the holy and the common, and between the unclean and the clean, (Lev 10:10)

Her priests have done violence to my law and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. (Ezekiel 22:26)

God is being profaned and He is not going to let that go.

Light In The Clouds

Again, I can only seriously suggest that anyone tempted to go to TOP review the talks by Janet Lundeen Neuman as she discusses how the TOP and the emergent church are related. If not hers, there others who also look into this movement and what it means in these end times. The talks by Neuman can be found in the link The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism and they are well worth the time to listen to them.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

I took the advice of Photodude and clicked on to one of the video links to a Janet Lundeen Neuman video.  It was six years out of date.

Changes have been made   in TOP presentations, which have been given considerable publicity.

I do not accuse either Photodude, or Janet Neuman, of dishonesty.  But, I have often found that the critics of TOP make accusations that are inaccurate and often false, at least in part.  I have come to the palace where I personally think that some of  critics (I am not pointing to anyone mentioned in this post.) have no interest in telling the truth about TOP.

I will be the first person to say that the SDA Church in the NAD in not doing what God wants it to do in the end Time prior to the 2nd Advent.  I have made  such statements directly to SDA leaders.  SDA publications such as the Review have published similar comments that I have made.  There is a valid place to make critical comments about the SDA Church today.  But, just as I am known for making such comments, I am also known for making positive suggestion, to people who want to hear them, as to what the SDA Church today can do to accomplish what God wants it to do.

To be clear, I do not accuse either BlessedMan of Photodude of dishonesty.   But, I will suggest that both Photodude and BlessedMan get off of their critical chairs and that each begin to become positively involved in some sort of outreach to the people whom God wants us to reach in this End Time.   I am.  When I am asked by a SDA leader as to what I am personally doing in a positive manner, I can tell them.  In addition, I can tell them of positive results.

Gregory

4 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

...  clicked on to one of the video links to a Janet Lundeen Neuman video.  It was six years out of date.

Changes have been made   in TOP presentations, which have been given considerable publicity.

Given that the emergent movement has been building for decades, although not as long within the SDA church, six years is not really that out of date. Neuman quoted numerous authors in her talks and I suspect their books are still being read and quoted. Probably TOP has changed a bit, but I highly doubt that they have changed so much that they have reversed course and are saying the opposite of what they used to promote. So, the fact that the original talks linked to here are six years old does not invalidate them.

The following video is only two year old and is a talk given by a Professor Markovic of Andrews University:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6U-HFztQkE

Professor Markovic is the target of an internet hate mob started at Andrews University and was previously described here at Adventistan:

https://adventistan.com/forums/topic/77294-an-outrage-mob-begins-at-au-and-reaches-the-internet/?tab=comments#comment-805474

You have to wonder what dark forces have decided to target Professor Markovic and why.

I do not accuse either Photodude, or Janet Neuman, of dishonesty.  But, I have often found that the critics of TOP make accusations that are inaccurate and often false, at least in part.  I have come to the palace where I personally think that some of  critics (I am not pointing to anyone mentioned in this post.) have no interest in telling the truth about TOP.

This is a bit nebulous and specifically how the "untruth" is being said would have been helpful. I think what she spoke is accurate. Much of what she presented was quoted form the emergent writers and she also discussed actual events.

I will be the first person to say that the SDA Church in the NAD in not doing what God wants it to do in the end Time prior to the 2nd Advent.  I have made  such statements directly to SDA leaders. 

Neuman did bring out that even within the NAD leadership, emergent thought is being presented. At the general conference level I have not heard such. Here is Ted Wilson addressing the issue from two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlXBP9SXWk

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

6 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

But, I will suggest that both Photodude and BlessedMan get off of their critical chairs and that each begin to become positively involved in some sort of outreach to the people whom God wants us to reach in this End Time.

This is exactly one of the inherited problems of TOP down "programs" such as TOP. Its a program, and it teaches its adherents to presume such "atrocities" about anyone who questions them. While my comments addressed specific aspects of the "program" your comments have taken another, more sordid direction, and made it personal. I have seen this many times. I suppose my first question could be "how do you know so well what I am or am not involved in regarding "reaching people for Jesus?" But, I think, rather, that my first question would be "what on earth reason should I have to even bother making an attempt to defend myself here?"  Thats one thing that wont be happening. The prophecy here is that this has been tried before, and all these mysterious "changes" that have supposedly been made are reflective of whats already been done and failed. It will keep failing.

Light In The Clouds