ClubAdventist is back!

AC Abortion Statement

Gregory Matthews

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 8:11 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

I looked at the links provided in article in an attempt to figure out the difference between the last, current version, and the new, proposed version.  They look prety similar. What do you think are the main diffferences of the two?

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Moderators

They are quite similar.

The main issue is that the one (the first) was issued by a study group and therefore has little authority.  A second issue is that one (the first) deals more with the reality we pastors face in our congregations.  The first is more pastoral in nature than the second.

The second is more a Biblical statement.  The second generally does not deal with clinical realities.   The second allows for situations to occur where a natural fetal death occured without any human intervention and were labeled as an abortion. Imagine a woman experiencing grief over her fetal death to be considered as having an abortion and who could only defend herself by sharing intimate details of her clinical care and condition with others.

NOTE:  I speak from experience as I have had to deal with women in these situations.

Gregory

5 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The second generally does not deal with clinical realities.   The second allows for situations to occur where a natural fetal death occured without any human intervention and were labeled as an abortion. Imagine a woman experiencing grief over her fetal death to be considered as having an abortion and who could only defend herself by sharing intimate details of her clinical care and condition with others.

NOTE:  I speak from experience as I have had to deal with women in these situations.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, the clinical realities, which the church, essentially has no control over, still, at the end of that day, need to be able to support and minister to the women, men, and families that may be affected. And yes, that would be such a night mare to have an "abortion stigma" thrown at you, on top of the death of the little one. Why on earth would they do that to women?

[Edited by GM:  Because few people who have never worked in a clinical setting understand what can happen, even if not every day.]

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).