ClubAdventist is back!

Why are so many leaving the Church?

B/W Photodude

Why are so many leaving the Church?

Something central seems to be missing.

https://record.adventistchurch.com/2020/02/14/why-are-so-many-leaving-the-church/

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

It’s not just in the West where members have joined the Church but not “come to Jesus”. Rwanda was a nation where 95 per cent of the population claimed to be Christian, including almost 300,000 Adventists, about 10 per cent of the population. Church leaders described Rwanda as the most Adventist country in the world. That is, until 1994, when genocide took place, as the Hutu majority slaughtered more than 800,000 minority Tutsis. The dead included more than 12,000 Adventists.13 

The terrible truth is that many Adventist church members and pastors were involved in the genocide and, it’s reported, they maintained their Adventism by scrupulously resting from killing on Sabbath.14 

I would say Folkenburg hit the nail on the head here.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

This article was quite interesting.  IMHO, it's so easy to walk away from the church because it's much too easy to be a Christian (at least in North America).  The harlot of Revelation (IMHO apostate religion) is alive and well in many of our churches.  With the acceptance (even celebration) of acts that have been condemned by the Bible coming into our churches with socially acceptable names, what separates the church from the world?  What used to be called homosexual or "queer" is now LGTBQ+ or an "alternative lifestyle".  What used to be called abortion is now called "pro-choice". Christians saying that Christians and Islamists worship the same God? Tell me - what's the difference between your average self-proclaimed Christian and the world?

The Bible speaks of a remnant at the end of time. A remnant is a small percentage.  Scripture tells us that in the latter days, the love of many will grow cold. Is that happening now?

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.  I sometimes wonder if I'm still too conformed to this world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

Tell me - what's the difference between your average self-proclaimed Christian and the world?

The Bible speaks of a remnant at the end of time. A remnant is a small percentage.  Scripture tells us that in the latter days, the love of many will grow cold. Is that happening now?

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.  I sometimes wonder if I'm still too conformed to this world.

The vast majority of the world and the SDA church are probably on the wide road that many will find. EGW said often that not 1 in 20 was ready for various events of the end times. Jesus stated much earlier that the was to salvation is narrow and few would find it.

The love of many has grown very cold. Used to be that even in Washington that politicians showed each other respect, even when they disagreed. Now it has blown up into an all out hate fest. SDA church leaders even demonstrate hate towards each other. 

Being conformed to the world is one that everyone should carefully examine themselves for. There is little time to loose as events seem to be unfolding daily which shows us that the end of this age is very near. It is beyond trying to decide what army will attack who. EGW used an expression a lot ... "redeem the time." I fear there is little left to redeem.

• Like 3

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

HEY  ALL

as  the  time  is  coming to  and end the  devil  and  his demons are  working  

over time to  take  as  many  people  with  him====that is  why  we  need  to  have 

the  Holy  Spirit guiding  our  life and  he  our  life====

dgrimm60

• Like 2