ClubAdventist is back!

COVID-19

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

• Administrators
On 3/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

slowing down the rate of virus patients is good.  If a bulge of the population needing medical care gets greater than the hospital facilities to treat them.... like in Italy now.  they will have to be deciding who lives and who dies.

Here in my community all schools are closed from elementary to university as of tuesday this next week.  They will be arranging remote education.

and they are looking at closing the washington oregon border.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

not a lot of stuff left on some store shelves here. People are panic-buying and hoarding.  Responses are definitely varied from one area to the next.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

On 3/13/2020 at 11:47 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

So, what should congregations do in response to COVID-19? 

"Congregations" will have to fall in line with civil authorities on this one or face dire consequences:

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and government officials on Saturday announced a shutdown of all leisure businesses and activities throughout the country, with the premier pressing upon the public the need to “adopt a new way of life” for the coming weeks and possibly months as the country deals with the new coronavirus — and particularly underlining a guiding principle of individuals maintaining a distance of at least two meters from others at all times.

The premier also announced that authorities planned to begin using invasive monitoring technology to help track potential infection paths of sick individuals.

Sunday morning will see public life further diminished, with the closure of all cafes, restaurants, hotels, malls, movie theaters, gyms, event halls and the like. It was implied that all nonessential shops would close, though not specifically stated. But Netanyahu stressed that supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and other essentials services would continue to function.

Sunday will also see the closing of preschools, kindergartens and daycares that had remained open on Friday amid a closure of all educational institutions.

Furthermore, the government announced a new restriction on gatherings of over 10 people in the same place. There were no new restrictions announced on public transportation; Netanyahu said this matter was still under discussion. SOURCE

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

1 hour ago, debbym said:

If a bulge of the population needing medical care gets greater than the hospital facilities to treat them.... like in Italy now.  they will have to be deciding who lives and who dies.

It sounds like deciding who lives and dies, but is different. It is not far off from military style triaging. This now applies in mass civilian casualty situations. As I recall it divides people up into three categories and those who cannot be helped due to lack of resources, be it supplies, personal, or even just beds, will have to be let go so those can be helped with the available resources can be helped. Unfortunately, not just corona virus patients will be let go, but anyone needing intense levels of care.

triage: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors. With limited resources, healthcare workers are trying to save as many as possible. Huge resources to those very sick could allow many more not so sick to have a not good end. But it still doesn't sound good if it is someone important to you.

I even read something today that they are considering how to get retired nurses back into the workforce. Not sure if I am not up to that for a number of reasons! I do not wish to start spending more days at the chiropractors office, although I do miss the ICU environment.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Edited by BlessedMan
  • Thanks 1

Light In The Clouds

Seems Covid-19 (Coronavirus) is on everyone's mind and the nation (world) is in a meltdown. However, it is not doomsday. There are some people who should be concerned, but stay calm! the following link gives some info on why one should not panic:

Coronavirus: Ten reasons why you ought not to panic
https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-ten-reasons-why-you-ought-not-to-panic-132941

However, this does not mean people should not behave in a prudent manner. Study the situation and follow reasonable recommendations. This WILL pass. Some will become ill from this, so when should you go for testing. The following link will give you some guidelines for when to go for testing:

Covid-19 Self Assessment
https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/Assessment.aspx
(Thanks BlessedMan, for the link!)

Should you test positive for the virus, they are not really going to do anything for you anyway unless you are life threateningly ill. Just like with the flu. Go home and take care of your self. There are some guidelines when you should seek help such as extreme difficulty with breathing or you are cyanotic (turning blue about the lips for a start)

But thanks to herbal and alternative medicines, you can do some healthcare on your own. You can take selenium supplements (Read up on this one as low selenium levels can allow virus to go crazy in your body.)

Elderberry: Benefits and Dangers
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/elderberry#health-benefits

If you are able to get dried elderberry the following is a recipe you can make your own elderbery syrup at home:

Homemade Elderberry Syrup
https://www.gracefullittlehoneybee.com/homemade-elderberry-syrup/

If unable to get elderberrys, you can get commercial elderberry preparations going by the name of Sambuca (the botanical genus name for elderberries!) I suspect there may be beginning a run on it by this time.

Elderberries do not cure the virus. What they do is calm down the systemic response to a virus invasion. Elderberries are good for influenza and the common cold.

Don't forget, influenza is still raging in this country and also killing a lot of people.I suspect that the the Covid precautions will also help end the epidemic of influenza!

• Like 2

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Members

Thanks BlessedMan, that really was a great video with two people who are very trustworthy to listen too!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

6 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Elderberry: Benefits and Dangers

In the interest of accurate information, I have come across this person's FaceBook post who disagrees with elderberry for Covid-19. Reading the comments, many disagree. This particular virus is new to us and accurate information is hard to come by relative to elderberry, so, do your own research in whatever remedies you come across. There are next to no remedies from allopathic healthcare except for the very sick. I suspicion we are going to be somewhat on our own on this one for awhile. 

https://www.facebook.com/Drautoimmunegirl/posts/604006150329583

A note on the Batchelor video, they are very soon to begin testing on a vaccination for Covid-19, so it may not be a year until a vaccine is available. I did like the NAC recommendation. Unfortunately, many pharmacies never heard of it as a OTC medication. You may have to buy online.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

Why prayer is wise during a pandemic

Evolutionary biologist Jerry Coyne thinks that only fools would pray about coronavirus. He is wrong and here is why

Evolutionary biologist Jerry Coyne ’s undies are in a knot because the coronavirus task force, led by U.S. vice president Mike Pence, prays together. Oh my.

There’s even a picture of the virus task force praying together! We don’t need prayer; we need science! Here’s the photo, which distresses me but doesn’t surprise me… [a]fter all, one godly intervention is just as delusional as another!

Jerry Coyne, “Jesus ‘n’ Mo ‘n’ Pence” at Why Evolution Is True

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with praying in a crisis. Neanderthals no doubt proffered a few entreaties to their Zeus when a sabre-tooth tiger hunt went south. It’s pretty much part of the human toolkit. The wisdom and efficacy of prayer in a crisis depends wholly on one question: is the prayer directed to Someone who is real, or is prayer based on a delusion?

If the Object of supplication is real, then prayer is probably the first thing you want to do in a crisis. A plea to the Boss is a fine preamble to the grunt work of managing a crisis. I’m a neurosurgeon, and I pray before each operation. It really helps. READ MORE

Light In The Clouds

The most lethal pandemic to hit the United States was the 1918 Spanish flu, which was responsible for about 675,000 American deaths, according to estimates cited by the C.D.C.

The Institute for Disease Modeling calculated that the new coronavirus is roughly equally transmissible as the 1918 flu, and just slightly less clinically severe, and it is higher in both transmissibility and severity compared with all other flu viruses in the past century. READ FULL TEXT AT NYT

More Up To Date Than Next Weeks News

God's people are to advance in straightforward lines to impress the hearts of those who are seeking for truth, who desire to act their part aright in this intensely earnest age. We are to present the principles of health reform before the people, doing all in our power to lead men and women to see the necessity of these principles and to practice them.--Testimonies, Vol. 6, p. 379.  {CME 41.5}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKJvOYp3D3Y&feature=emb_logo

There is a good free book one can download once you watch the video. Its packed with good health-measures we can take to improve our health and strengthen the immune system

BibleFoods_Graphic.jpg

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds

On 3/13/2020 at 10:47 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

We should shut down our services. Pastors, elders and lay members can make telephone calls, especially to members living alone. Members should be encouraged to communicate with each other by telephone and other electronic means. This will pass.

Suspending in person services is not "bowing down to the state" as some people seem to suggest. 

(NOTE:  SDA services have largely been shutdown in the NAD.  Members are advised to view live streamed srevices.  GM)

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

Some Developments Out Of Israel:

According to the article, many people are ignoring any requests to self-quarantine, and other measures:

Meanwhile, Defense Minister Naftali Bennett, speaking in Tel Aviv, where a hotel has been turned into an isolation center for coronavirus patients with mild symptoms, warned that people needed to heed guidelines and stay away from the elderly.

“Fatality rates among the young are very low, but one in five grandparents hugged by their children — who don’t know they are carrying the virus — will die,” Bennett said.

“Make videos and send them to grandma and grandpa, but don’t go and see them. You are a ticking bomb,” he added.

President Reuven Rivlin also issued an urgent plea to Israeli citizens.

“Dear citizens, the restrictions do not mean holidays! I request of you all to take very good care of yourselves!” he said in a statement. “I know very what that being closed up at home is not at all easy. I understand that the children need open spaces and that you parents also need some breathing room. But, nevertheless, we must not turn these days into leisure days, I hear that our beaches and hiking trails are bursting. The danger is real! Let me ask you again to follow the instructions of regarding distancing, and to keep away from gatherings. This is a real danger.”  READ FULL TEXT

Older people or anyone with some form of compromised immune system are more vulnerable. lets do what we can to safeguard them and have them around for many years to come. We can learn from the experiences of others here.

Light In The Clouds

• Moderators

The SDA church is shutting down services in many areas in the U S.  Probably more should be shut down.  That will likley happen.

Gregory

The Quebec conference just issued a notice shutting down services and asking local congregations to arrange services by video or teleconference.

Climatocracy Morphs To Covidtocracy?

The Bible has always been more up to date than next week's news. Bible prophecy talks about end time events as similar to the "pangs" of childbirth. The contractions incrementally increase, both in frequency, and in level of pain. This is one of the reasons I have said before that "history repeats itself." Mat 24:8 and other texts simply explain how this repeating takes place:

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places." (Mat 24:7 KJV)"All these are the beginning of birth pains." (Mat 24:8, NIV)

If anyone has been watching world events, inasmuch as the average citizen is usually able to, one could see some disturbing new trends developing over recent years. For a number of years, radicalized climate NGOs have been trying to instigate a "WW2 state of emergency;" and there has even been a "climate psychologist" sporting herself as "helping people to convert/transform [themselves] rather than panic" for said "emergency." It looks like this effort to draw the general public into a literal panic mode has been largely unsuccessful. At least, for "climate change."

Conspiracy pundits are now saying, yet another method is well-underway. "Welcome To The New Covidtocracy" is the cry. I am not sure thats a good way to look at it. While it does look like history is incrementally repeating itself, and each time it does, the resulting measures are more draconian, and choices are thrown right out the window. Even questions may soon be "not allowed." People are going to jail in some countries for "spreading false information about the virus." BUT to be clear, this is not a virus denier post, in any way, shape, or form. We have no choice but to obey civil authorities when it comes to serious threats to our health. We are not scientists, for the most part. READ FULL TEXT

Light In The Clouds

Unfortunately, Matthew 24:7,8 describes the whole of human history - there is nothing unique about our day, except that as a percentage of the world population, today we have the fewest number of men engaged in war, the fewest number of people subject to suffering from famine, and pestilences, and our building techniques have rendered us far better protected against earthquake.

I still find much value in the Adventist teaching and culture, but I am glad I jettisoned the end-of-the-world/doomsday cult aspects of it from my personal belief system.

2 minutes ago, pierrepaul said:

Unfortunately, Matthew 24:7,8 describes the whole of human history - there is nothing unique about our day, except that as a percentage of the world population, today we have the fewest number of men engaged in war, the fewest number of people subject to suffering from famine, and pestilences, and our building techniques have rendered us far better protected against earthquake.

Hmmm, well, no one said there was anything "unique" about "our day,' Mat 24 was mentioned as a point in fact about whats going on in our day. I think most would realize it spans all of time. The implication was obvious in the phrase "pangs" which does tell us, as one can easily see, that things are not as rosy as your post seems to indicate. I actually didnt quote any "Adventist teaching; " I simply quoted the Bible. I wonder why thats not OK anymore?

"The beginning of birth pangs" is a Biblical warning, and also an assurance that there is still time to make things right with God. If you have done that, great, but why try to discourage others from the Bible you claim to believe when someone quotes it?

Light In The Clouds

16 minutes ago, pierrepaul said:

as a percentage of the world population, today we have the fewest number of men engaged in war, the fewest number of people subject to suffering from famine, and pestilences, and our building techniques have rendered us far better protected against earthquake.

I really dont know how anyone can believe this. Im sure someone will try to "prove" by pointing us to "links" on the internet..." Ive seen them before. They dont come close to disproving what we can all see with our own eyes is going on.

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds

From antiquity onwards, the major tribes/states were often engaged in continual warfare with each other. In many tribes, every man was expected to be a warrior. Today in the USA, approximately 0.4% of the population is in the military. In most other countries it is a far lower percentage. From the early modern period (15th century or so) onwards, major powers fought each other at least once per generation. This continued unabated until 1945, when the major power stopped fighting each other directly. Soldiering is now a specialist profession with very very few people involved. Military deaths, especially among first world countries, are extremely rare. For example in the almost 20 years of the US engaged in the "War on Terror" their military deaths are less than 6,000; less than one per day, and this is for a nation of 330 million people. From 1861-65 in the USA (it was at this time the SDA church was organized), out of a population of about 31 million, the nation suffered about 620,000 military deaths in the Civil War - 2% of the population. To match that rate with today's population, the US would need to suffer 6.6 million military deaths over a 4 year period - that would be 4,500 per day. Even if the USA would suffer a 9/11 every single day for four years straight, the USA wouldn't reach the same proportion of deaths as were suffered from military causes alone (never mind the increased mortality among the civilian population).

Up until 2 or 3 generations ago, many families, even in the most developed countries of the world, were just one or two bad harvests away from starvation. Two hundred years ago, a single bad harvest would condemn many families in Europe and America to starvation. While famine still exists in a few remote regions of the globe, the vast vast vast majority of people on the planet eat every day. Most of us are completely insulated from the vagaries of weather and harvest - the supermarkets are full of food rain or shine and the production methods are less and less dependent on weather.

The influenza pandemic of 1918-19 killed an estimated 20-50 million - out of a population of less than 2 billion. Proportionate to population we would need a pandemic killing 80-200 million before we reach those levels. Just over a century ago, 20,000 died of yellow fever and malaria building the Panama canal. Today there's no way an engineering project would be allowed to continue with such a death toll.

People in the 21st century who don't realize that we're living the best of times ever, simply have no clue about how hard, precarious and short life was in the past. We're living the utopia, the dream, the paradise that men 100 years ago only dreamed of.

2 hours ago, pierrepaul said:

People in the 21st century who don't realize that we're living the best of times ever,

2 hours ago, pierrepaul said:

We're living the utopia, the dream, the paradise that men 100 years ago only dreamed of.

This reminds me of a tale from Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories called "Minimizing Milton."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Light In The Clouds

On 3/19/2020 at 2:58 PM, BlessedMan said:

The Bible has always been more up to date than next week's news. Bible prophecy talks about end time events as similar to the "pangs" of childbirth. The contractions incrementally increase, both in frequency, and in level of pain. This is one of the reasons I have said before that "history repeats itself." Mat 24:8 and other texts simply explain how this repeating takes place:

BlessedMan: I am not trying to be difficult, and being an historian I did agree that history repeats itself until reason. What I notice that there are similarities, but I realize that history is the past, and it is the sin that brings out the similarities, but each time worst than before. The history does not repeat because it is not exactly alike. Each times there is more knowledge that has increase which includes technology in a more evil way. 

I cannot say that the beginning of sorrow is like childbirth and I am a woman who experience that type of pain. Wars, earthquakes, famine and pestilence are tremendously different in bearing a child believe me. Let me tell you it is painful enough, but I would never equate it to Matt 24:7! I tell you, I would not want that kind of pain in my stomach at all! I don't know what those Bible scholars were thinking???? However, I understand what you are saying. I just want to emphasized if may more details of Matt 24:7-21 I would like to start with YAHSHUA in Matthew Chapter 23. THE MESSIAH is looking over Jerusalem with great sorrow because this city was selected during the time that the Canaanites knew HIM! She was built by the Jebusites and it is false that she was just a fortress. She was a well known city of beauty even in the days of Melchizedek, the only High Priest and King after the order of YAHSHUA. There is no reference of his sacrificial services or temple! 

David, was specially called I feel that his bloodline through Rahab was why he was called to extend Jerusalem. Keep in mind Judah's son Perez mother was also a Canaanite and this line produce King David and not King Saul! It kept the Truth of YAHWEH alive! But, sad to say like the Canaanites, IsraEL fell short and the City of YAHWEH'S Peace became a city of hatred and destruction.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  Mat 23:37 

This is what EGW saw and wrote about in her book Great Controversy! She saw that YAHSHUA was giving a twofold prophecy listen to how she states it:

Christ saw in Jerusalem a symbol of the world hardened in unbelief and rebellion and hastening on to meet the retributive judgments of God. GC p. 22 (Digitized by Google)

The prophecy which HE uttered  was twofold in its  meaning: while foreshadowing the destruction  of Jerusalem,  it  prefigured  also the terrors  of the last great  day. GC p. 25 (Digitized by Google)

The war, earthquakes, famine, and pestilence prefigured the terrors of the last days before the Time of Trouble! Matt 24:9-11 was during the time of Vespasian and Titus. Matt 24:12-14 is end time! Notice Verse 14 that the Bible Scholar said "shall," and will or is being preach! Shall mean still future when it is done the end means everything is terminated!

Now, Matt 24: 15 need to be discuss in more detail. If you notice at the end of the Verse it clearly states you need to truly understand what YAHSHUA is referring to? In Daniel Chapter 12:11 it said the abomination of the desolation set up, but YAHSHUA Says; "stand in the holy place." this is during the Time of Trouble only! Titus, nor his soldiers ever stood in THE MOST HOLY PLACE! By accident the temple was burnt down to the ground and they only recover the candlestick after the fire was put out! Now, Matt 24: 16-20 was dealing with the destruction of Jerusalem during Titus and during the Time of Trouble!

Matt 24:21-28 is the Time of Trouble and after it is over is when YAHSHUA returns. I again want to state clearly that Babylon is Jerusalem who will be destroyed during the Battle of Armageddon. While this final earthly war will take place between the papacy and the beast; YAHSHUA is coming like a thief in the night! I have given you proof many times from the Bible but look at what EGW states:

The daughter  of  Zion seemed in  her  pride  to say, ''I sit a queen, and shall see no sorrow;'' as lovely then, and deeming  herself as secure  in  Heaven's  favor, as when, ages before, the royal minstrel  sung, "Beautiful for situation,  the joy  of  the whole earth, is: Mount Zion, the city  of  the great  King." In  full  view were the  magnificent  buildings of  the  temple. GC p. 17 (Digitized by Google)

When I read this I looked for the Scripture that she quoted and it could not be found and that is not like EGW! Who removed the Text where is was found? I also believe that part of the Text was removed as well, so here is the Text as it is written in the Bible:

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Rev 18:7 

Notice the Text comes from Revelation Chapter 17 and EGW states this is Jerusalem and the whore (the papacy) according to the Bible rules the queen:

But the court, which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our MASTER was crucified. Rev 11:2, 8 

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For ELOHIIYM hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of ELOHIIYM shall be fulfilled. And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. Rev 17:16-18 

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness for in one hour is she made desolate. Rejoice over her, thou Heaven, and ye Holy apostles and prophets; for ELOHIIYM hath avenged you on her. And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. Rev 18:2, 4, 19, 20, 21

Blessings!  

1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

BlessedMan: I am not trying to be difficult, and being an historian I did agree that history repeats itself until reason. What I notice that there are similarities, but I realize that history is the past, and it is the sin that brings out the similarities, but each time worst than before. The history does not repeat because it is not exactly alike. Each times there is more knowledge that has increase which includes technology in a more evil way. 

well, it seems that a number of people do not like me saying "history repeats itself;" however, its not me that writes the pages of history. I really didnt say, anywhere, that when it repeats, it is exactly the same. Some seem to be choosing to add more meaning than what I have enclosed above.

I cannot say that the beginning of sorrow is like childbirth and I am a woman who experience that type of pain. Wars, earthquakes, famine and pestilence are tremendously different in bearing a child believe me. Let me tell you it is painful enough, but I would never equate it to Matt 24:7! I tell you, I would not want that kind of pain in my stomach at all! I don't know what those Bible scholars were thinking????

lol, well I cannot, of course say what THOSE pains would be like; except for the fact I was there when my children were born into this world. The point the Bible translators intended remains very well illustrated by the analogy of "pangs" as in "birth pangs." Incrementally, gradually, increasing in frequency and severity. Im really not sure how anyone can miss that, but I also feel no need to prove anything there either. I can only post what I know, and leave it to others to decide for themselves, their own conclusions.

This is what EGW saw and wrote about in her book Great Controversy!

Hopefully certain ones will forgive me for saying this, but does it really matter what she said, when we quote her first, rather than the Bible? (she did write that many times too)

Jesus stated the following:

Mat 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.

So IF these were/are all just "the beginning of sorrows," then how on earth does that not mean its going to progressively get worse? There's simply no point to be made there.

Light In The Clouds

1 hour ago, BlessedMan said:

well, it seems that a number of people do not like me saying "history repeats itself;" however, its not me that writes the pages of history. I really didnt say, anywhere, that when it repeats, it is exactly the same. Some seem to be choosing to add more meaning than what I have enclosed above.

Blessed Man: It is not like that at all with me. It is because history cannot repeat, there are similarities but it is never exactly the same. Let me try and give you an example. When bell bottoms came out in the 60's to the 70's we call it hip! They were tight satin polyester,  denim,  and bright cotton with a lot of psychedelic colors! Today they still have the high waist style but the flare is not like the 60's and they are tighter than even before. They also drag the ground or way above the ankle. The design are different including some of the material. No one would be caught in polyester. The clothes today are more provocative than the hippies of yesteryears! Things do repeat but it is different and that's because of sinful knowledge. I use to believe just like you did too! When anyone including me say history repeats itself, history does not repeat it is the past, the future takes some of the past that they like but makes it worse!

Hopefully certain ones will forgive me for saying this, but does it really matter what she said, when we quote her first, rather than the Bible? (she did write that many times too)

If you notice, I quoted the Bible first. Because I have said over and over that Jerusalem today have become Babylon. It is a city of confusion, that is how Babylon got her name! What is so important is the the city is call the great city and it is the only one that killed the prophets and the apostles; that is a fact! IsraEL killed their own prophets and YAHSHUA'S apostles! I was just indicating she wrote it also!

So IF these were/are all just "the beginning of sorrows," then how on earth does that not mean its going to progressively get worse? There's simply no point to be made there.

Remember that the KJV was claimed to be translated from Erasmus textus Receptus. Today they claim they have found more Greek manuscripts. They claim that there are approximately 45 manuscripts. There is the well known Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus, Codex Bezae, Codex Regius (L, 019) and the Complutensian Polyglot etc. Let me say this that Paul say iniquity has already started in his day and I agree. There have been many discussions concerning the Greek manuscripts and the language. Many have notice that the writings appear to be better understood in the Hebrew language and again I agree! If you understand the Greeks who change religion like they change clothes you would see why Paul wrote so many letters to them. They had already started to combine their old pagan beliefs in with their belief that the apostles had given them. Keep in mind the Pharisees and Sadducees were not happy that they worship with them in the Synagogues. This also, became a problem. So, I check out the Greek writings of the New Testament more so than the Old!  If you notice wars and rumors of wars, have been through out the world's history and more so after Rome. The dark ages had plenty of wars and rumors of wars. Many start saying they were THE MESSIAH after  THE MESSIAH ascended to Heaven. The Scripture said this was not the end yet. In other words what would point to the end would be the beginning of sorrow! Wars, earthquakes, famines, pestilence! We have had longer wars since 1844 which is the time of judgment then ever before. Today the Iraq war, Afghanistan, Yeman all have be raging a very long time and now Iran and America. Earthquakes are more devastating, famine are not in just Afrika, South America is becoming devastating. Fires in California, Brazil, Australia and now Alaska! Because of them climate change has become worse. We know about the carbon and gas and how dirty the oceans have become. Hurricanes are becoming the largest we ever seen. Tornado's like the one that hit Tennessee destroyed everything in sight like never before! Then the pestilence back to back and worse. We can try to blame it on China if we want, but it spread like wildfire. We don't need to listen to the White House, we need to listen to the doctors and scientist! The wealthiest country in the world is not prepared for COVID-19, now that's sad! And this man said to leave people on a ship to keep the numbers down! Would not accept the World Organization Test that was used successfully everywhere else! Wow! I know you are glad you are in Canada! YAHWEH is seeing and hearing what is going on in this country and we are in for true sorrow and my heart goes out for those who have died! Pray because this is real and we must stand for truth. I hope this will help you to understand things better.

Blessings!

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds