ClubAdventist is back!

"God did not do that"

B/W Photodude

God hating New York governor Andrew Cuomo "God did not do that"

Gov Cuomo denies the hand of God during this crisis. Well let God be God and every man be a liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrAgrNV2ns

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

B/W PHOTODUDE

thank you for  posting  this  ====it  is  interesting  how  different  people  view GOD

dgrimm60

Even before Cuomo said this, I was wondering why people were patting themselves on the back for keeping numbers so low, while I was thanking God for keeping the numbers low.  I have no doubt that - but for the grace of God - this virus would have been much worse.  Without God's wings of protection, this virus could have killed millions - even tens of millions.  While the earthly "powers that be" are praising each other, I praise God for the mercy and kindness He has shown us. I would go so far as to say God's mercy in this is calling people back to God.  I have two siblings who have rarely if ever gone to church for several years who have returned to faith (albeit Catholicism - which they inherited from our parents).

• Like 2

• Administrators

This plague could have been so much worse! I shudder when I think of how the Spanish Flu killed thousands within 24 hours.

Another thing I learned is that while some pandemics burned themselves out rather quickly, others lasted for years. In any case it’s a nasty way to die

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

23 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Even before Cuomo said this, I was wondering why people were patting themselves on the back for keeping numbers so low,

Unfortunately, there are increasing numbers of reports that are saying the numbers are not what they appear, and just this week, China decided to double their final tallies. The cases of seasonal flu and other "pneumonia" like illnesses are being confused into "covid-19 numbers."  Much confusion reigns. Not sure why we are suddenly believing "data" that is "shared" from China.

1 hour ago, Gail said:

Another thing I learned is that while some pandemics burned themselves out rather quickly, others lasted for years. In any case it’s a nasty way to die

"Seasonal Flu" kills around 500,000 people every single year, world-wide. Give or take, depending on the situation and the year. The tragedy continues, needlessly.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Administrators

Perhaps our increased hygiene will help with regular flu, too. It surely can’t hurt.

I realise the numbers that we see are way understated. The truth is that pandemics have been a part of recorded history so it was only a matter of time until it was our turn. My daughter is a caregiver and her attitude is that she will fight until she falls. 

I am praying, “Thy kingdom come.”

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

1 minute ago, Gail said:

I realise the numbers that we see are way understated.

I think that they are more often being way over-stated. From what I have been reading, but regardless of under or over stating, its just wrong to misstate such info at all. Its not hard to notice how this has all turned into propaganda.

"Pandemics" being interpreted as such have been happening from near the beginning. The tragedy is that a lot less people would die every year from "seasonal" or any other flu if we did the right things; instead of what we are doing now.

• Like 1

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

On 4/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, B/W Photodude said:

God hating New York governor Andrew Cuomo "God did not do that"

I think it just makes people sicker to coop them all up at home. We have to do what they tell us to, but medically speaking, I don't see a lot of common sense response or diagnostics happening.  In China, for example, the main "diagnostic"  was MRIs for "lung scans" other places are simply doing "anti-body tests" and calling said results "covid-19"  Neither of those two ways are meant to specifically and empirically diagnose flu, per se. I do see a lot of fear-based decisions being made, and likely magnified by media propaganda. Calling everything with pneumonia-like symptoms Covid 19 is like all cancers the same.

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds

Granted that there is a lot of misinformation going on in "fake news," but still people are dying. Sadly it is often churches that get hard hit. I have lost track of the churches that insisted, or were meeting before the lockdown started, where many members of the congregation got sick and many dying. Even one pastor that insisted on carrying on with meetings himself became ill with Covid and died. 

Many are complaining that it is not right that you can go into a store and buy liquor but you can't go to church. Obviously, these people never took a class in communicable diseases. You can be in and out of a liquor store in a very short time. In a church meeting you go in and sit, often in the midst of a lot of people for an extended amount of time. Which will make you more likely to get sick if a Covid carrying individual is there? And when you add singing into the midst of the situation you have magnified the problem as singing will result in more airborne virus.

Unfortunately, the politicians are putting out unreasonable demands. Governor of Michigan is case in point. Banning the sale of seeds?! Seriously?! Probably many live by the produce of their gardens, it is spring, and now is when you plant. Understandably, Michigan has a covid problem, but you have to be sensible. There are other situations unfortunate such as the drive in church in Mississippi. Police showed up and ticketed all the people sitting in the cars for drive in church. Again, unreasonable.

Part of the problem is that the government has not done enough. My daughter, who has all the symptoms of Covid (now improving), was denied a test for Covid. So, she will be back at work next week. You should be isolated for 14 days if positive for Covid. Her government agency she works for refuses to protect the workers and demands that they do in person interviews with clients seeking food stamps and other public assistance. The rational is that they (management) does not want the clients to get their feelings hurt! 

Bill Liversidge Seminars

3 hours ago, BlessedMan said:

"Pandemics" being interpreted as such have been happening from near the beginning. The tragedy is that a lot less people would die every year from "seasonal" or any other flu if we did the right things; instead of what we are doing now.

Who knows, maybe we will just get used to coronavirus infections like we have gotten used to influenza. Some viruses seem to wear themselves out after a while.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

3 hours ago, Gail said:

My daughter is a caregiver and her attitude is that she will fight until she falls. 

I have read reports that state the number of healthcare workers who have contracted Covid numbers into the thousands. Reminds me of the rescuers who ran into the twin towers and never came out alive on 9/11.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

26 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

Granted that there is a lot of misinformation going on in "fake news," but still people are dying.

Thats very true; and I am not trying to "deny" that point. I am trying to question why and how people are dying. How much of the "statistics" are propaganda? If I am going to get sick; Id prefer to know what I am dealing with, and to not be operating out of fear.

26 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

Unfortunately, the politicians are putting out unreasonable demands. Governor of Michigan is case in point. Banning the sale of seeds?! Seriously?!

This is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. Thats just ridiculous, and no science can back that up.

I personally think the C-19 bug is real; but I also personally think it's all being given a spin that does not seem accurate.

A few reasons why I say this?

FAQs
WHO Influenza Mortality Estimate based on Respiratory Diseases
FAQs

WHO Estimate of Respiratory Deaths due to Seasonal Influenza

How many people die of respiratory diseases associated with seasonal influenza each year?

WHO estimates that 290 000-650 000 respiratory deaths occur each year associated to seasonal influenza.

How did WHO reach this estimate?

The estimate takes into account findings from recent influenza respiratory mortality studies including a study conducted by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), published in the Lancet on December 14th 2017 (http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)33293-2/fulltext?elsca1=tlxpr) as well as other ongoing research.

It also considers findings from recent influenza respiratory mortality studies conducted by the Global Pandemic Mortality Study Initiative (GLAMOR) and the Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluation (IHME).
In order to reach the new estimate, WHO consulted closely with US CDC, GLAMOR, IHME and WHO’s
Influenza Burden of Disease Working Group comprising experts from the All India Institute of Medical Science, the National University of Singapore, the South African National Institute of Communicable Diseases, US CDC, Universidad del Valle de Guatemala and the University of Edinburgh.
What is the difference to the earlier influenza mortality estimate?

The new estimate is based only on respiratory death. Taking all death into consideration that are due to influenza, but do not show respiratory symptoms will make the estimate substantial higher. WHO is working together with partners to understand the whole burden of influenza mortality.
What is the significance of the updated influenza mortality estimate?

These figures indicate the high burden of influenza and its increasing social and economic costs to the world. They highlight the importance of influenza prevention for seasonal epidemics as well as potential pandemics.
FAQsInfluenzaMortalityEstimate.pdf

The "testing" they are doing for C-19 is questionable: it has limitations, and unanswered questions. How can it provide accurate statistics in view of such limitations; regardless of whether or not we are talking about "over-estimates," or "under-estimates?"

CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel
For Emergency Use Only
by
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Division of Viral Diseases
1600 Clifton Rd NE
Atlanta GA 30329

Performance of the CDC 2019-nCoV Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel has only been established in upper and lower respiratory specimens (such as nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal swabs, sputum, lower respiratory tract aspirates, bronchoalveolar lavage, and nasopharyngeal wash/aspirate or nasal aspirate).

Test performance can be affected because the epidemiology and clinical spectrum of infection caused by 2019-nCoV is not fully known. For example, clinicians and laboratories may not know the optimum types of specimens to collect, and, during the course of infection, when these specimens are most likely to contain levels of viral RNA that can be readily detected

The performance of this test has not been established for monitoring treatment of 2019-nCoV infection.

The performance of this test has not been established for screening of blood or blood products for the presence of 2019-nCoV.

This test cannot rule out diseases caused by other bacterial or viral pathogens. PG 33,34 Under title of "LIMITATIONS"

Wouldnt the world be better off if we started to establish standards of practice, and prevention every year, for "seasonal" or any other flu? As in ALL flu bugs?

One standard of practice that can be noted here is diet. No one wants to talk about how that effects flu epidemics or pandemics. But the "regular" flu season seems to start right around Halloween every year, and ends shortly after Easter. So there's "Halloween Candy," "Christmas Candy," and "Easter Candy" all overlapping one another in the greedy luxury consumerism that all this garbage is marketed under. Sugar IS a major determinant of who will or will not get sick. Its really hard for me to decide just how wrong it is to sell or buy seeds that would grow the very foods people need to stay healthy.

Edited by BlessedMan

Light In The Clouds

1 minute ago, BlessedMan said:

WHO estimates that 290 000-650 000 respiratory deaths occur each year associated to seasonal influenza.

why is this not a "pandemic?"

Light In The Clouds

5 hours ago, Gail said:

My daughter is a caregiver and her attitude is that she will fight until she falls. 

There are a lot of selfless sacrifices and efforts being made like this to help people who have become sick from the flu, or to help in prevention efforts. She deserves a lot of credit for not phoning in sick." I have read horror stories about that kind of thing.

Just before my wife died, one of our regular caregivers could not come right into the house, but she did fetch us groceries and other supplies when we needed them.  Groceries were just left on our doorstep. We did not get any kind of flu in our house because of said precautions.

I submitted my name to the town office as they are asking for volunteers to help people who are shut in and cant get out to the stores in town. The physical distancing thing takes some getting used to, but it seems to get easier the more I practice. We havent been told that we have to; but I wear a face mask whenever I go into a store. Im not really worried about catching anything myself, but if I was an asymptomatic carrier; I would not be able to live with myself if it came to light that someone caught it from me, regardless of what kind of flu we are talking about. All flus kill people. We should be careful anytime something is going around.

Light In The Clouds

• Administrators

Our next door neighbour has been getting food deliveries. She has a serious heart condition. She tried to go grocery shopping during the special hours but received a verbal attack from someone who decided she didn’t look elderly or disabled.

God bless you even more for your willingness to help!

50 minutes ago, Gail said:

received a verbal attack from someone who decided she didn’t look elderly or disabled.

Yes, the Kangaroo Courts are definitely out on this one. Some people have been pretty mean, and most unhelpful that way. We have certain "civil authorities" here encouraging people to tattle on one another. The trouble with that (in part) is everyone's standards and interpretations of whats "safe" is different, so its not hard for many unnecessary troubles to divide neighbours against one another. Just cannot let ourselves feed into it. Better to try and help where we can.

Light In The Clouds

HEY  ALL

when  people  help other  people  they are  being  guided  by the  HOLY  SPIRIT=====so  GOD  is  helping

dgrimm60

• Like 2