ClubAdventist is back!

Why We Can't Admit We Are Wrong

Dr. Shane

It is neurological.  There is a reason we can't admit we are wrong.  In fact, not only can't we admit it, most of us cannot even see we are wrong.  There is a reason for that.  I could not compress this topic into 5 minutes.  This is a 17-minute video.  I think it is the most enlightening video I have made thus far.

Click link to see video -->  Intuitiveness Beats Logic and Emotions

WIN_20200918_22_14_59_Pro.jpg

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 3 weeks later...

The more I study this topic from a spiritual perspective, the more I come to believe this is the number one reason why people that are lost will be lost.  Our pride doesn't let us admit our errors and much less correct them.  This is why God hates pride so much.  God longs to have a loving, trusting relationship with us based on faith but our pride will not let us see where we are wrong and repent of it.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:53 PM, Shane said:

God longs to have a loving, trusting relationship with us based on faith but our pride will not let us see where we are wrong and repent of it.

Jesus said that, of ourselves we can do nothing. (John 15:5) We can neither see our pride nor repent of it. God must give us both vision and repentance. So if we don't see and don't repent...that's on god.

An infinitely just, infinitely powerful god cannot hold us responsible for something we can't do and, moreover, he said he would do for us... 

I believe God does show us our error and calls us to repentance.  Yet we often grieve the Holy Spirit and deny what God is calling us to repent of.  We make self into our god at the cost of our own salvation.