ClubAdventist is back!

Who Is Taking The Covid19 Vaccine When It Becomes Available?

bonnie

Who is taking the vaccine? If not why not?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Told my husband I am going to shove him to the head of the line when it is available in MN.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Members

I will be when available!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I have had Covid and came out well, except for the post Covid syndrome stuff. My infectious dz doc has recommended I get the vaccine even though I have had it. I most likely will get the vaccine (I am a bit of a vaccine junkie!) when available, but some things concern me regarding it. One is the fact that they reportedly use cell lines developed from aborted babies to make the vaccine. On the other hand, it is becoming amazing the amount of things that are being used that were derived from aborted babies, cadavers (organ donators), and people donating tissue as a live donator (such as stem cells). I remember often hearing mission stories of cannibals (OK, saw it in the cartoons first) who ate people to survive. That is just low tech cannibalism. We do high tech cannibalism now.

Here is a discussion of Christianity and morals regarding vaccination:

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2020/12/73110/

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

I wouldn't take a lot of what I read on covid19 to the bank , but I do think the vaccine is necessary to bring this under control as quickly as possible. To many times there has been a "expert" being interviewed saying the complete opposite of the previous"expert" so who do you believe. I do believe it is a definite risk to some like my husband.

OTOH, if influenza were reported ad-nausem like covid19,complete with daily death count ,businesses and school  closed etc I think we would have the same paranoia. When I got my flu shot this year the pharmacist very happily told me this was more effective than last year something like 50%?. Cant imagine covid 19 vaccine being praised for being only 50?

All of my children were vaccinated.  I do think some may cause some problems. I think the problems that may be caused by vaccine are far less than the disease that is hopefully eradicated. I well remember having whooping cough and fighting to breathe.

I have read pro and con concerning cells from aborted babies and it does not appear it is quite as reported by some  No cells fromA aborted fetus are in COVID-19 vaccines; that rumor is patently false - oregonlive.com

• Moderators

FACT SHEET FOR RECIPIENTS AND CAREGIVERS

EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) OF

THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019

(COVID-19) IN INDIVIDUALS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER

You are being offered the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019

(COVID-19) caused by SARS-CoV-2. This Fact Sheet contains information to help you

understand the risks and benefits of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, which you may receive

because there is currently a pandemic of COVID-19.

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19.

There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.

Read this Fact Sheet for information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Talk to the

vaccination provider if you have questions. It is your choice to receive the Moderna COVID-19

Vaccine.

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is administered as a 2-dose series, 1 month apart, into the

muscle.

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine may not protect everyone.

This Fact Sheet may have been updated. For the most recent Fact Sheet, please visit

www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GET THIS VACCINE

WHAT IS COVID-19?

COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2. This type of coronavirus has not

been seen before. You can get COVID-19 through contact with another person who has the

virus. It is predominantly a respiratory illness that can affect other organs. People with COVID19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported, ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.

Symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms may include: fever or

chills; cough; shortness of breath; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or

smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea.

WHAT IS THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There

is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.

The FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to prevent

COVID-19 in individuals 18 years of age and older under an Emergency Use Authorization

(EUA).

For more information on EUA, see the “What is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?”

section at the end of this Fact Sheet.

Revised: 12/2020 2

WHAT SHOULD YOU MENTION TO YOUR VACCINATION PROVIDER BEFORE

YOU GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

Tell your vaccination provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:

x have any allergies

x have a fever

x have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner

x are immunocompromised or are on a medicine that affects your immune system

x are pregnant or plan to become pregnant

x are breastfeeding

x have received another COVID-19 vaccine

WHO SHOULD GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine in individuals 18

years of age and older.

WHO SHOULD NOT GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

You should not get the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine if you:

x had a severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of this vaccine

x had a severe allergic reaction to any ingredient of this vaccine

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine contains the following ingredients: messenger ribonucleic acid

(mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000 dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG],

cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]), tromethamine,

tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate, and sucrose.

HOW IS THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE GIVEN?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine will be given to you as an injection into the muscle.

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine vaccination series is 2 doses given 1 month apart.

If you receive one dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, you should receive a second dose of

the same vaccine 1 month later to complete the vaccination series.

HAS THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE BEEN USED BEFORE?

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine. In clinical trials, approximately

15,400 individuals 18 years of age and older have received at least 1 dose of the Moderna

COVID-19 Vaccine.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

In an ongoing clinical trial, the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine has been shown to prevent

COVID-19 following 2 doses given 1 month apart. The duration of protection against COVID-19

is currently unknown.

0 3

WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

Side effects that have been reported with the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine include:

x Injection site reactions: pain, tenderness and swelling of the lymph nodes in the same arm

of the injection, swelling (hardness), and redness

x General side effects: fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain, chills, nausea and

vomiting, and fever

There is a remote chance that the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine could cause a severe allergic

reaction. A severe allergic reaction would usually occur within a few minutes to one hour after

getting a dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. For this reason, your vaccination provider

may ask you to stay at the place where you received your vaccine for monitoring after

vaccination. Signs of a severe allergic reaction can include:

x Difficulty breathing

x Swelling of your face and throat

x A fast heartbeat

x A bad rash all over your body

x Dizziness and weakness

These may not be all the possible side effects of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Serious and

unexpected side effects may occur. The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is still being studied in

clinical trials.

WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS?

If you experience a severe allergic reaction, call 9-1-1, or go to the nearest hospital.

Call the vaccination provider or your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that bother

you or do not go away.

Report vaccine side effects to FDA/CDC Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

(VAERS). The VAERS toll-free number is 1-800-822-7967 or report online to

https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html. Please include “Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA” in

the first line of box #18 of the report form.

In addition, you can report side effects to ModernaTX, Inc. at 1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663-

3762).

You may also be given an option to enroll in v-safe. V-safe is a new voluntary smartphone-based

tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to check in with people who have been vaccinated

to identify potential side effects after COVID-19 vaccination. V-safe asks questions that help

CDC monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines. V-safe also provides second-dose reminders if

needed and live telephone follow-up by CDC if participants report a significant health impact

following COVID-19 vaccination. For more information on how to sign up, visit:

www.cdc.gov/vsafe.

WHAT IF I DECIDE NOT TO GET THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

It is your choice to receive or not receive the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Should you decide

not to receive it, it will not change your standard medical care.

ARE OTHER CHOICES AVAILABLE FOR PREVENTING COVID-19 BESIDES

MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE?

Currently, there is no FDA-approved alternative vaccine available for prevention of COVID-19.

Other vaccines to prevent COVID-19 may be available under Emergency Use Authorization.

CAN I RECEIVE THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE WITH OTHER VACCINES?

There is no information on the use of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine with other vaccines.

WHAT IF I AM PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING?

If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, discuss your options with your healthcare provider.

WILL THE MODERNA COVID-19 VACCINE GIVE ME COVID-19?

No. The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine does not contain SARS-CoV-2 and cannot give you

COVID-19.

KEEP YOUR VACCINATION CARD

When you receive your first dose, you will get a vaccination card to show you when to return for

your second dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. Remember to bring your card when you

return.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

If you have questions, visit the website or call the telephone number provided below.

To access the most recent Fact Sheets, please scan the QR code provided below.

Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine website Telephone number

www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua 1-866-MODERNA

(1-866-663-3762)

HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?

x Ask the vaccination provider

x Visit CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

x Visit FDA at https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legalregulatory-and-policy-framework/emergency-use-authorization

x Contact your state or local public health department

Revised: 12/2020 5

WHERE WILL MY VACCINATION INFORMATION BE RECOR

Gregory

• Moderators

NOTE:  I can post a similar statement in regard to the 2nd COVID19 vaccine.  But, it is not much different.

Gregory

I initially thought about waiting for a bit before getting the vaccine, but the reality is, I am far enough down on the priority list that it isn't even an issue! Despite my misgivings, I will probably get it as soon as I am able. However, I will pass on the proof of Covid ID cards and/or the proof of vaccine tattoos that some seem to be promoting. Can some of those people really just calm down!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

36 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

I initially thought about waiting for a bit before getting the vaccine, but the reality is, I am far enough down on the priority list that it isn't even an issue! Despite my misgivings, I will probably get it as soon as I am able. However, I will pass on the proof of Covid ID cards and/or the proof of vaccine tattoos that some seem to be promoting. Can some of those people really just calm down!

I wonder if you will be able to pass on the "vaccine passport"?  It is in the wings now

On 12/30/2020 at 4:11 PM, bonnie said:

I wouldn't take a lot of what I read on covid19 to the bank...

OTOH, if influenza were reported ad-nausem like covid19,complete with daily death count ,businesses and school  closed etc I think we would have the same paranoia.

You got that right!

On 12/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, bonnie said:

When I got my flu shot this year the pharmacist very happily told me this was more effective than last year something like 50%?.

One of the problems in trying to understand seasonal flu is the way the numbers get reported. They can report the vaccine only being 50% effective, but only 50% of the population gets the flu shot. What isn't reported is what percentage of people dying or being hospitalized actually got their flu shots. And they don't report the intensity of the flu comparing those who got the vaccine compared to those who did not.

The other issue regarding flu shots is how it is formulated every year. In the spring, leading researchers in influenza get together and attempt to predict what flu strains most likely will be the major viruses of the coming year and they prepare vaccines accordingly. Sometimes they get spot on and sometimes a major strain comes out of nowhere to be a major "player" making people sick and for which the vaccine was not helpful. In one recent year there was a mismatch between flu shots and the prevailing virus and the death rate was 10s of thousands higher than usual. For the 2019-2020 flu season, there were four strains that accounted for 98 percent of the results for those being tested who were sick with influenza. The flu shot for the season was comprised of four strains. The strains of flu going around matched the test results very accurately. Unfortunately, covid came along and seriously screwed up being able to accurately get a good overal picture of that seasons flu situation.

Another confounding factor in influenza is that so much of what is called influenza is nothing more than a common cold. For the amount of flu that goes around, I can say I haven't had influenza in more since I was in the eighth grade. but I get colds every year. I also have been a customer of the flu shot every year since the year the Swine flu was the rage in the late seventies.

You can follow influenza on a CDC webpage. This season is very light so far with only one pediatric death. In one recent year, 168 children died from influenza. Some of these viral illnesses are very bizarre in how they target age groups and sexes. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

And there are other viral illnesses that plague us such as Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). This is a viral infection of the respiratory tract that commonly affects children below the age of 2 years. It is very common with more than 3 million cases per year in US. You will find that many hospitals will ban child visitors during the winter months. RSV can affect the elderly with poor reserves. Between flus and RSV, hospitals can frequently be unable to keep up with the number of elderly in respiratory distress and being on ventilators. And covid seriously worsened this situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_syncytial_virus

Bill Liversidge Seminars

8 hours ago, bonnie said:

I wonder if you will be able to pass on the "vaccine passport"?  It is in the wings now

I tend to believe that they will attempt such a "passport", but it will be struck down by the courts. We, as a nation, usually aren't given to requiring papers such as the Nazi's did in Germany. Other nations will arrest you for being without papers, but not in the US. Only engaging in certain activities requires you to show papers. You have to be able to produce ID to drive a car, get on an airplane, vote (in some states where they aren't trying to steal an election!), and other activities. But just to walk down the street, you do not have to show ID or answer any questions of the police. Some jurisdictions will harrass you and throw you in jail for a day until they verify who you are and charge jail fees for asserting your right not to have ID, but you cannot be charged with a crime for not having ID. 

Bill Liversidge Seminars

I am 70 years old and borderline diabetic - which puts me at high risk.  Nonetheless, I am also a conspiracy junkie.  SOOOO I'm gonna wait a year or two before I get the vaccine and see how people react to it.

20 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I am 70 years old and borderline diabetic - which puts me at high risk.  Nonetheless, I am also a conspiracy junkie.  SOOOO I'm gonna wait a year or two before I get the vaccine and see how people react to it.

Unfortunately, this virus has some effects that go beyond just the initial week or so of a cold like illness when you have only a lite case of it. Of course, many have a much more severe case. But even the ones who have almost no symptoms can have respiratory damage and the virus is now know for its cardiomyopathy (or a weakening of the heart via an inflammatory response). A number of people have died of covid without ever showing symptoms of the viral illness due to unrecognized effects of the virus. So, given how many have already been vaccinated with apparently so far few serious side effects, I would not recommend waiting for a year or two especially if high risk.  I now would take the vaccine whenever it is available even though I have already had covid (per recommendation of my inf dz doctor). Unfortunately, some will refuse the vaccine, such as my wife, but then that is their right.

If you do get covid, it is now recommended that you take it easy for at least two weeks after last symptoms. This especially is in regards to going back to the gym. This is not for social isolation, but to allow the inflammatory activity to subside in your body. And if you lift weights, cut the amount you are lift by one half and take several weeks to get back to what you were lifting before you got sick. I wish I had known this before I went back to the gym!

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 1/8/2021 at 8:30 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

I got my first shot Wednsday.

My two daughters (in the medical field) and my sister (a special education teacher) got their first shots last week - no ill effects.  Some of their friends have already had the second shot.  They all said the second shot made them sick enough to stay in bed the next day or two.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:50 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

NOTE:  I can post a similar statement in regard to the 2nd COVID19 vaccine.  But, it is not much different.

There are now 5 or 6 "vaccines" now available or that will very soon be available, including a single dose "vaccine" from one company, which Canada will soon be getting shipments of. Its NOT "the" vaccine....it is clearly, "one of the vaccines." The very different natures of all of these potions present very serious questions that everyone should be asking, but no one is.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

• Moderators

When I said "the 2nd COVID19 vaccine."  I meant to reference my 2nd shot.  I was not clear in my statement.

• Like 2

Gregory

• Members
On 1/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

I got my first shot Wednsday.

Was hoping to get my first one soon, but the Governor of Florida has no clue as to what he's doing and everything is really out of wack!! Someone I know gave us a number to the VA, because they are actually giving the shots to Veterans, but we were told you had to be 75 or older, am not there yet so have to wait!! Prayerfully not to much longer!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

30 minutes ago, phkrause said:

Was hoping to get my first one soon, but the Governor of Florida has no clue as to what he's doing and everything is really out of wack!! 

Move to New York! They seem to have it much better managed! (Not) Of course, there is California, unfortunately for the governor, they are past the halfway point in collecting recall signatures. Should be interesting who replaces him. 

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Members
3 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Move to New York! They seem to have it much better managed! (Not) Of course, there is California, unfortunately for the governor, they are past the halfway point in collecting recall signatures. Should be interesting who replaces him. 

I have many friends in NY, and it's not as bad as here!! Please don't waste my time!!

phkrause

5 hours ago, phkrause said:

I have many friends in NY, and it's not as bad as here!! Please don't waste my time!!

Actually, it may not be as bad in New York as Florida, but hotspots seem to be a roving kind of event with different states having to take their turn as being the hotspot. New York may not be as bad now, but there was a time when they were the worst in the nation. 

In December, Eastern Tennessee and Kentucky were the lucky ones. California seems to be a very unlucky place as it has been a hotspot for quite a while even with their extreme lockdown measures. 

So, how intense the local pandemic is going to be seems to be unrelated to how intense lockdowns are and lockdown don't seem to have helped anyone.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 1/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, JoeMo said:

My two daughters (in the medical field) and my sister (a special education teacher) got their first shots last week - no ill effects.  Some of their friends have already had the second shot.  They all said the second shot made them sick enough to stay in bed the next day or two.

2nd shots can give a more intense reaction as the first shot alerts the body to the virus and the second shot brings out a significant response to the vaccine and also results in a stronger immunity. I would expect that since I have already had covid, even the first shot will give me a bit of a wallop. My inf dz doc thinks I will not have a great immunity because my illness was mild. I don't think I believe that as the post-covid part has not been exactly fun either, but it is fading. 

I recall when I had to get typhoid vaccines as an entrance requirement for nursing school. I got the first one and had, as I recall, a mild case of fever, chills, etc. But when I got my second one I was expecting the worst. So, as soon as I got the vaccine I went straight home, got my arctic coat (this was in Ausgust), and went to the movies. I figured the evening was going to be useless anyway. So, I spent the evening watching the movie while going thru some pretty strong chills, sweats, and fevers, but was able to take my mind off it by watching the movies!

Bill Liversidge Seminars