ClubAdventist is back!

A Political Statement

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

NOTE:  I am breaking with tradition and making what is a specific political statement.  As I do this, I believe that I should make a statement as to my political background.  I do not consider myself to be an Independent.  Throughout the decades of my political life I have at times registered as a Republican and at other times I have registered as a Democrat.  Each time my political registration has been reflected in the manner in which I have voted on the people and on the issues.  But, I have also crossed over the political divides and voted for people and issues that did not reflect the majority of my voting at that time.  This following statement reflects what I believe I should make if I were a candidate in the present run-off election in Georgia.  It reflects what I think the people should hear from those Georgia candidates.  I hope that I would have the moral fortitude to make it if I were such a candidate.

“I speak to you today as a candidate for political office that is firmly convinced that the people who vote need to know the truth.  If I am to win your votes, I need to tell you the truth as to my political understandings and how I will fulfil the duties of the office to which you ask that you elect me.  So, I will tell you the truth whether or not it results in you voting for me.

The truth began with the 2016 election.  In that election, Donald Trump received a minority of the votes, but became President due to the fact that he received the required Electoral College votes.  Thus it can be stated that a substantial number of people in the United States wanted a change in leadership that they thought Donald Trump would bring as President.

The present truth of the matter is that a large number of people still look to President Trump for that change in political leadership.  But, a majority of voters do not believe that President Trump is that one to effect that change in leadership.  In short, Joseph Biden is the lawfully elected President elect.  He is the one who is lawfully mandated by the majority of the voting public to become the President of the U.S. on January 20, 2021.

The present truth of the matter is that with the present results of the election to the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives, along with the election of the President, neither political party has a lock on the election results.  Neither party will be able to enact a legislative agenda absent the support from the other party.  In short, in order to govern this nation over the next few years, the political parties are going to have to compromise.  Neither will get all that they want.  Each will have to give of some of what they want in order to govern his nation and to enact the legislation that is needed.  If you elect me, I will attempt to seek common ground and to make reasonable compromises in order to enact needed legislation.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gregory

3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

But, a majority of voters do not believe that President Trump is that one to effect that change in leadership.  In short, Joseph Biden is the lawfully elected President elect.

Believe it if you want, but it was a stolen election.

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10166014277280725

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

In our legal system, the function of the Courts  is not to investigate.  Rather, it is to rule, which of two (or more) sides has presented the evidence  that supports their position.

In the current election matters, the courts have consistently ruled that there has been an almost total failure to submit evidence of election fraud sufficient to change the results of the elections.   In addition, they have ruled that local election officials have not been shown to have violated the applicable laws that governed the elections. 

In addition, in order to litigate an issue, one must have standing.   Some cases have ben dismissed for a lack of standing.

None of this means that there was no fraud.  None of this means that the election was not stolen.  What it means is that those attempting to litigate have failed on the most elemental level to  to comply with the most basic requirements that are learned by 1st year law students.  

There has been a massive failure to submit the evidence by people with standing, that showed that massive fraud, sufficient to change the election results, was submitted to the courts.

Gregory

• Moderators

Photodude:   If the election was stolen, why has the evidence never been submitted to a court?

Gregory

• Members
2 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Photodude:   If the election was stolen, why has the evidence never been submitted to a court?

Exactly!! There is not one shred of evidence out there, period. Even the courts that he put his people on for the purpose that if this outcome came about he would have the courts overturn the vote of the people and that didn't work, he figured the SCOTUS would do his bidding with his 3 justices, but they all knew the truth and wouldn't waste there time with this farce!!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Almost funny. Dems turning themselves inside out over something very similar in 2016.

Dems in congress objected to electoral votes raising concerns about voter integrity. 2020 republicans objecting to electoral votes raising concerns about voter integrity.

Trump hasn't conceded. Hilary Clinton urged very strongly if it appeared Biden lost he should NEVER concede. Dems didn't lose their minds over her demand to Biden.

• Like 1

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Some dems seem to have a short memory. 

Reminder: In 2016 Democrats Threatened and Harassed ...

Nov 27, 2020 · Not only were Democrats claiming that Russia stole the election for Trump, they harassed members of the Electoral College in a last ditch effort to prevent Trump from being certified as the winner. In December of 2016, Mark Moore reported at the New York Post: Electors are being harassed, threatened in bid to stop Trump

• Like 1

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

There was plenty of evidence to support the belief that this is a stolen election. Just because the media like Facebook and others are trying to label Biden as president-elect, he is not yet. 

As far as the evidence, President Trump spelled it out very throughly in the linked video. Dems don't want to acknowledge the huge ballet dumps when the vote counting stations were closed for reasons that were shown to be a lie, suitcases were brought out full of ballots after the regular poll workers were dismissed, huge ballot dumps showing in the range of 95% for Biden, votes being switched from Trump to Biden by the Dominion machines (Dominion has offices in one of the buildings that George Soros also has offices), Ballets that were counted over and over and other ballets that were not even folded (indicating that these ballets were never even mailed). The evidence is there is you can stop drinking the kool-aid long enough.

Many attempts have been made to bring this evidence to the courts and they refuse to listen. Sell out Justice Roberts was heard screaming to the other justices that he was not going to have riots in the street by hearing the evidence.  

I would also note that several states are actively discussing decertifying their electors.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

In the discussion of the current political events, references have been made to what Democrats  have done in the past.  The following quote was written by Tom Nichols and published in The Atlantic.  I post it for informational purposes:

NOTE:  The embedded links provide more detailed information.

In 2005, one Democrat in the House and one in the Senate filed an objection to counting Ohio’s electoral votes, while insisting that they were not contesting the outcome of the presidential election itself. In 2017, a handful of Democratic members of the House objected to the electoral count. Because they lacked support in the Senate, then–Vice President Biden ruled the representatives out of order and declared, “It is over.” In both cases, the Democratic candidate had already conceded.

Gregory

A Trump win was slated for impeachment on inauguration day of 2017.  It has been four years of non-stop accusations and investigations.  Most  accusations anonymous . If they don't have the backbone to stand behind what they are claiming, republicans or democrats SHUTUP. The media did all they could to run interference for Biden, and all dems remained silent.  The "anonymous" story of Trump calling service men and women losers and suckers  was repeated ad-nausem. The Hunter Biden story with witnesses coming forward, his father's very likely knowledge and benefit was termed unsubstantiated was swept under the rug. The anonymous source? claimed it had taken place three years previous and was just being reported currently. If Trump had made the statement there is no way the opposition would have been able to remain silent for three years. They took a relatively minor but offensive unsubstantiated report and ran with it.  The Biden's story substantiated by witnesses with name  and dates with Hunter's laptop must be buried. Election interference?? Every opportunity, every story, every misstatement concerning Trump was regurgitated over and over. Biden blew his fuse on the rare occasion a serious question was asked. So you don't ask. You find out his favorite flavor of ice cream.

Every dem in leadership capitalized on this. China expressed their desire for a Biden presidency. Will we have a China collusion investigation now? the business affairs of the Chinese and Biden"s well known?

If nothing else comes out of this maybe they can get their act together and have a well ordered election process, complete with photo ID.

IF YOU CAN"T SIT THROUGH THIS 19 Min CLIP YOU SHOULD NOT PUT UP WITH 4 YEARS of THIS

https://www.facebook.com/100002880367654/posts/3120838038022178/

Bill Liversidge Seminars

I dont like or trust Biden but that is painful to watch. Imagine in a face to face with Putin or the Chinese.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bonnie said:

If nothing else comes out of this maybe they can get their act together and have a well ordered election process, complete with photo ID.

Don't hold your breath. We have known there are serious election process problems all the way back to the hanging chads, yet no one has bothered to fix it. And the issue of who is eligible to vote has been known for a long time and again not fixed.

People go on and on about how it is racist to require an ID to vote. But no one would say you can drive cars, get on airplanes, travel to foreign countries, go to a doctor, and a long line of other activities that require ID. So, it is no accident that this election is so screwed up and has been stolen from the President. Those very people who insist that voter ID are themselves racist, in my opinion, for suggesting that certain groups are incapable of acquiring proper ID.

Many people are already regreting their votes. In an abstract sort of way*, as the country continues to implode under these left wingers who are bound to destroy this country, it will be interesting to watch when the damage occurs under a party that stoled an election, assuming Biden is sworn in. 

*When you look at how some things come undone, even when it causes great harm, it is interesting even though horrible to watch. 

Bill Liversidge Seminars

On 1/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, B/W Photodude said:

People go on and on about how it is racist to require an ID to vote. But no one would say you can drive cars, get on airplanes, travel to foreign countries, go to a doctor, and a long line of other activities that require ID. So, it is no accident that this election is so screwed up and has been stolen from the President. Those very people who insist that voter ID are themselves racist, in my opinion, for suggesting that certain groups are incapable of acquiring proper ID.

Many people are already regreting their votes. In an abstract sort of way*, as the country continues to implode under these left wingers who are bound to destroy this country, it will be interesting to watch when the damage occurs under a party that stoled an election, assuming Biden is sworn in. 

*When you look at how some things come undone, even when it causes great harm, it is interesting even though horrible to wat. ch. 

This is almost funny to claim racism over a photo ID.  

I ordered a 1 yard piece of fabric from Wal-mart. A whopping 4.95. I was notified my order was in. I went to pick it up. It was paid for and certainly not my first time ordering from wal-mart.  Of course that had to be the day I forgot to grab my wallet with my license.  I was asked for my ID and when I didn't have it with me they would not give it to me. I knew one of the managers in a different dept and asked if they would vouch for me. Of course she did,but lo and behold that 1 yard piece of fabric was so important that was not good enough. Picture ID or nothing. Went for a manager above the one I had asked. She laughed and said sure no problem. Except there certainly was. No dice unless I had a picture ID and of course no refund. I couldn"t help but wonder had I been black, hispanic or?? could I have claimed racism,or would they still have said  To bad?

For every other  business requiring photo ID people can figure out how to go about getting one. Odd how when it comes to something as important as voting some claim they can't, don't know how,or it is a racist demand

• 3 months later...

Greg,  too bad none of the Democrats in charge are doing what you say is needed.  So far:  not a single meeting between Biden and Republican leadership, AFTER 6 MONTHS OF THIS PRESIDENCY;  not a single substantive change of a Democrat bill in response to Republican amendments;  almost NO bipartisan votes on any bill, and when there were Republican votes us was never more than a tiny handful from legislators in blue states; attempts to pack the Supreme Court, attempts to eliminate the Senate filibuster, etc, etc.

is this the kind of governance you thought was needful?  Or were you just taken in by the Democrat’s promises, and Jim Biden’s fake position as a “Uniter”?

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR RE-EVALUATION.  Is this regime doing what you desired?