ClubAdventist is back!

What Of The Seventh Day Adventists in Afghanistan

bonnie

I am sure we are all grateful that we do not have to put up with nasty tweets. What a relief

Names and locations of christians must be known to the Taliban, any word as to their situation?   Didn't we have a university in Kabul at one time?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Hope and Pray this group has some success. 

Glenn Beck’s Nazarene Fund Raises More Than $20M In 3 Days To Rescue Christians From Afghanistan

"We will get those people out."

By  Jon Brown
   DailyWire.com

Glenn Beck
Dylan Hollingsworth/Bloomberg via Getty Images

A fund started by radio host Glenn Beck raised more than $20 million in less than three days to help evacuate Christians from Afghanistan.

The Nazarene Fund is gearing up to extract approximately 5,000 people, mostly women and children, from Afghanistan as the country descends into chaos and the Taliban take over, according to 

The Blaze.According to their website, The Nazarene Fund exists “to liberate the captive, to free the enslaved, and to rescue, rebuild and restore the lives of Christians and other persecuted religious and ethnic minorities wherever and whenever they are in need.”

“I’m BLOWN AWAY by what this audience has done to help rescue persecuted Christians in Afghanistan! OVER $20 MILLION raised in less than 3 days! THANK YOU!” Beck tweeted Friday.“I’m truly afraid we’re going to lose a lot of our staff, because this is so dangerous,” Beck said during a podcast Friday. “So dangerous. But I will tell you this: we will get those people out. We will get those people out.”

“The churches have disbanded over there,” Beck continued. “Christians are not even — they’re not hanging together, they’re not hiding together, they’re all hiding separately. The Taliban is stopping you, checking your phone. If you have a Bible app or anything to do with Jesus on your phone, you’re instantly being killed. They are setting Christians on fire, those who have converted because they’re the worst, according to the Taliban.”

“Please pray for these people,” Beck added, who later said most of the millions in donations were small ones.

As The Daily Wire noted Thursday, an underground church that partners with Frontier Alliance International (FAI) has reported that the Taliban are targeting Christians for death. According to FAI:

The Taliban has a hit list of known Christians they are targeting to pursue and kill. The US Embassy is defunct and there is no longer a safe place for believers to take refuge. All borders to neighboring countries are closed and all flights to and from have been halted, with the exception of private planes. People are fleeing into the mountains looking for asylum. They are fully reliant on God, who is the only One who can and will protect them.

The Taliban are going door-to-door taking women and children. The people must mark their house with an “X” if they have a girl over 12 years old, so that the Taliban can take them. If they find a young girl and the house was not marked they will execute the entire family. If a married woman 25 years or older has been found, the Taliban promptly kill her husband, do whatever they want to her, and then sell her as a sex slave.

Husbands and fathers have given their wives and daughters guns and told them that when the Taliban come, they can choose to kill them or kill themselves—it is their choice.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

This is a very moving cry for help. I recall reading, several years ago, an ad in Christianity Today magazine. it was soliciting funds for smuggling Bibles into a particular country. It went on to say that since the Bible was banned in that country, it was necessary for Christian organizations to smuggle Bibles into it. This was somewhat expensive; nevertheless. due to the evil government, essential. Problem with that advertisement was, at that time, Bibles could be purchased in most bookshops in parts of that country at near wholesale prices. The price was between  ~$10.00. That was for a nicely bound dual language Bible. Nice local language editions could be had for about $2.00. Around the same time, there was a guy on YouTube asking for donations of $60.00 to buy a kit to remove chiggers from Africans. This kit consisted of ~ $5.00 worth of medical supplies i.e., disposable scalpel, bottle of peroxide, gauze, etc. Then there was the mission group soliciting support for "missionaries" to live in a country. They were asking for 6-8 thousand dollars a month to support a married couple with a small child or two. I happened to know of expatriates living in that country who said it could easily be done for about $1,000 a month.

Consider exchange rates and purchasing power when making donations. There are people who see what most consider a catastrophe as just another income opportunity.

I am not normally a Glenn Beck fan, but I always have felt he is sincere in what he does and says. This was not meant as a suggesstion for you or anyone to donate. It was more appreciation for those willing no matter how improbable to step forward.  I hope and pray those like him can at least prompt the government to do something. The French and British care enough about their citizens to go after theirs. 

I have a lot less faith in this administration with my money than in people like Glenn Beck. I was not suggesting people start donating. Highly unlikely any private citizens could pull off large scale evacuations.If the French and I think Germans can go after theirs we certainly could do something besides attempt to charge them 2000.00 per flight

Bonnie, I really don't know anything about Glenn Beck. I do know something about bad people exploiting misfortune to enrich themselves. That's actually a business model for certain individuals. If you ever saw Schindler's List, that's what Oskar Schindler was doing. He was unique in that he used that to do a greater good but he was a very rare individual. To see  another military defeat for America unfold before our very eyes, of course people want to do something. Ever read "On Wings of Eagles?" True account of a small group hired by Ross Perot. They went into Iran and rescued employees of his company who were imprisoned. Probably not a lot of people around today who could do something like that, especially when so many people need help.

"Bonnie, I really don't know anything about Glenn Beck. I do know something about bad people exploiting misfortune to enrich themselves. "

This was not meant as a suggestion for you or anyone to donate. It was more appreciation for those willing no matter how improbable to step forward. I was not in any way suggesting that members of C/A rush to the website debit card in hand. So many people willing to give and our government will not do anything beyond the airport.  Hoping and praying that the government just might be shamed into a show of caring. I cant imagine the horror christians and others  are going thru knowing help is not coming. 

I had a great deal of admiration for Ross Perot in that rescue. Unfortunately this is beyond a small group endeavor. We have the military might and capabilities, yet we are letting them die

How You Can Respond to the Afghan Refugee Crisis – Arrive Ministries

On Sunday, August 15, 2021, the Taliban gained control over of the Afghan capital of Kabul. Chaos has erupted as families are unsure of their future and thousands of lives are at stake. Some of those facing the greatest danger are men and women whose association with the U.S. is now threatening their lives and the lives of their families. Many former Afghan interpreters, security personnel, and their families will be arriving in the Twin Cities as refugees over the next few weeks.

Arrive Ministries will be providing apartments, jobs, and basic household items for an estimated 35 Afghan refugees by the end of next month.  Here’s how you can support Afghan families that have already been evacuated from Afghanistan and welcome those arriving:

Volunteer with us – Arrive Ministries is a Christian non-profit, that partners with volunteers from local churches who share our mission of seeing refugees welcomed with the love of Christ.

Housing – Help us find safe, sanitary, affordable apartments near bus lines.
Action Step: If you know of any landlords or property owners, fill out this housing form or email us.

Donate Household Goods – Help us welcome our refugee neighbors with the basic supplies they’ll need to set-up an apartment.
Action Step: Check our registry for a list of household items or donate gift cards to Target, Walmart, Ikea, Cub Foods, Amazon.

Donate – These dollars will help us welcome Afghan and other refugees to Minnesota.
Action Step: Go to our giving page and select the Afghan Resettlement Fund.

Pray – Pray for families in Afghanistan and pray for those who are here, helplessly watching what is unfolding in their homeland.
Action Step: Click here for a list of prayer points for Afghanistan.

Advocate – Call on Congress to do everything in their power to evacuate as many as possible and resettle Afghan refugees.
Action Step: Email your congressperson 

Americans should not have to donate to rescue american citizens. They should have been removed first before being placed in harms way.   The French and British can rescue their citizens amidst the mess the US admin has created, why cant the US?  Pretty unbelievable and unforgivable for a country that has the capabilities the US has,

1. The French and British Are Rescuing Their Citizens in ...

Aug 19, 2021 · US officials say the most powerful nation on earth lacks capacity to extend operations into Kabul to collect stranded citizens & people we have a duty to protect. But the UK & French governments are reportedly doing exactly that. But we can’t? We can. We are choosing not to. Why? — Guy Benson (@guypbenson) August 19, 2021

On 8/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, bonnie said:

The French and British can rescue their citizens amidst the mess the US admin has created, why cant the US?

It's not that the US can't; they won't.  America with its current gutless, lying leadership no longer has the willpower or the moral strength to take care of its own people.  As America goes, so shall the world.

Come soon, Lord Jesus

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

It's not that the US can't; they won't.  America with its current gutless, lying leadership no longer has the willpower or the moral strength to take care of its own people.  As America goes, so shall the world.

Come soon, Lord Jesus

As difficult as it is to swallow that it is so obviously true. But what is harder for me to swallow is Americans, US christians including SDA's that have suddenly become mute. The hypocritical hue and cry the past few years of americans (christians) over sarcastic and to them offensive words and oh the desire to return to a adult in the WH have nothing to offer now on their choice.  No hysterical  cries of racism or the warning that those that voted for this  gutless, lying leadership no longer has the willpower or the moral strength to take care of its own people are responsible.

I can deal with and take responsibility for nasty tweets if that is the JUDGEMENT of Trump hating "christians", as long as they take responsibility for the many beheadings and other gruesome torture and death of fellow christians that is sure to follow

Just heard a news bulletin, many transport planes are leaving empty because the  complicated paper work our State Dept has required and many can not provide. To bad they are not attempting to come thru our southern border. There they would be welcomed with open arms and provided for.  Perhaps those that cheered this lying leadership on (christians and SDA christians) will have a few sleepless nights over their accepting silence now and start to pressure and speak out

• Like 2

It appears that Glenn Beck was successful. No government help and Beck and his group so far have rescued 5100 christians .  Pretty sad, Beck said that the State Dept and Biden are the biggest reason for causing the problems they encountered. Amazing what determined private citizens can do when the government claims they cant do anything

• Like 2

Bonnie, thanks for posting this. Its good to see people stepping up and doing whats needed to save lives and help where needed, ?

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

On 8/21/2021 at 2:11 AM, GHansen said:

This is a very moving cry for help. I recall reading, several years ago, an ad in Christianity Today magazine. it was soliciting funds for smuggling Bibles into a particular country. It went on to say that since the Bible was banned in that country, it was necessary for Christian organizations to smuggle Bibles into it. This was somewhat expensive; nevertheless. due to the evil government, essential. Problem with that advertisement was, at that time, Bibles could be purchased in most bookshops in parts of that country at near wholesale prices. The price was between  ~$10.00. That was for a nicely bound dual language Bible. Nice local language editions could be had for about $2.00. Around the same time, there was a guy on YouTube asking for donations of $60.00 to buy a kit to remove chiggers from Africans. This kit consisted of ~ $5.00 worth of medical supplies i.e., disposable scalpel, bottle of peroxide, gauze, etc. Then there was the mission group soliciting support for "missionaries" to live in a country. They were asking for 6-8 thousand dollars a month to support a married couple with a small child or two. I happened to know of expatriates living in that country who said it could easily be done for about $1,000 a month.

Consider exchange rates and purchasing power when making donations. There are people who see what most consider a catastrophe as just another income opportunity.

Very accurate

I am not afraid to bet any of the 5100 Christians rescued are very grateful to a private citizen that cared enough to go to such dangerous lengths to save their lives.  Regardless of the attempt to diminish what Glenn Beck accomplished, 5100 human beings are alive today in spite of a uncaring, callous government.  How many will be deliberately left behind to be beheaded or burned alive?

Little tough to believe that those watching the horror created by our government can refer to a scam story about chiggers as a reason  for skepticism .

Bonnie, As I said I don't know a lot about Glenn Beck.  When I wrote the OP, nothing had been accomplished. It was a solicitation for funds. According to Beck's bio, he didn't complete a single university course and spent 15 years of his life as a drug addict/alcoholic. I certainly believe in redemption. I don't fault him for his previous mistakes. I do know, however, that 15 years of substance abuse causes not only psychological but physical damage. It's amazing that people who should be sitting in the back of the congregation smiting their chests in repentance become leaders of people with exceptional education and a clean history of living i.e., people without physical, psychological, emotional damage from foreign substances, abuse, etc. 

Apparently, he was assisted in his recovery by Mormonism, not necessarily Christianity but Mormonism. It's a great religion. One of my best friends long ago was a Mormon. He had a beautiful sister and great parents. I spent a lot of time with them during family vacations in which I was included, as well as countless other hours.

If Glenn Beck saved 5100 people, I applaud his work. While this has nothing to do with him, it's strange that we must give money beyond our taxes, to save people, against whose nation the U.S. fought for a couple of decades at a cost of what ~ 2 trillion dollars? Ironic that America, the great friend of Israel, has now armed the enemies of Israel with the most modern military weapons. How long do you think it will be before made in the USA munitions left in Iraq begin killing Israelis?

There are plenty of scams, not about chiggers, perpetrated in the name of religion. People should still be careful.

13 hours ago, GHansen said:

Bonnie, As I said I don't know a lot about Glenn Beck.  When I wrote the OP, nothing had been accomplished. It was a solicitation for funds. According to Beck's bio, he didn't complete a single university course and spent 15 years of his life as a drug addict/alcoholic. I certainly believe in redemption. I don't fault him for his previous mistakes. I do know, however, that 15 years of substance abuse causes not only psychological but physical damage. It's amazing that people who should be sitting in the back of the congregation smiting their chests in repentance become leaders of people with exceptional education and a clean history of living i.e., people without physical, psychological, emotional damage from foreign substances, abuse, etc. 

Not sure what his educational background has to do compassion and the willingness to step up when a desperate need is obvious. You claim to believe in redemption and then go on with a list of Becks sins...... he didn't complete a single university course and spent 15 years of his life as a drug addict/alcoholic. I certainly believe in redemption. I don't fault him for his previous mistakes. I do know, however, that 15 years of substance abuse causes not only psychological but physical damage.

How long do you think someone that repents of their sins should sit in the back of the congregation and beat their chests in redemption?

It is amazing and frightening that it takes private uneducated people with  people  physical, psychological, emotional damage from foreign substances, abuse, etc. 

13 hours ago, GHansen said:

If Glenn Beck saved 5100 people, I applaud his work.

I believe that a lot faster than I believe magically that somehow this seemingly inept bunch magically knew the identity and whereabouts of two of the Taliban responsible for the killing of 13 service men/women. That defies credibility

While this has nothing to do with him, it's strange that we must give money beyond our taxes, to save people, against whose nation the U.S. fought for a couple of decades at a cost of what ~ 2 trillion dollars? Ironic that America, the great friend of Israel, has now armed the enemies of Israel with the most modern military weapons. How long do you think it will be before made in the USA munitions left in Iraq begin killing Israelis?

I am trying very hard to believe that this whole mess was caused by the extreme stupidity of this administration but I can't quite get there. Of course Iraq will begin killing Israelis as soon as the means to do so are in their hands. Why not, We have an administration that has  for all practical purpose given their consent. How long before the gift of the munitions by the US administration  begin killing US citizens? Unfortunately we haven't seen anything yet. Not sure what would be worse, suffer thru 3 + years with Biden or Harris. 

This country should be so angry and disgusted, it seems as it is beginning to finally dawn on some exactly what was placed in office. But not nearly enough. How many will be left behind, how many  will be burned alive or beheaded because of this compassionate, caring man? 

Bonnie, I don't wish to use Glenn Beck as a proxy for other incompetent individuals who have dodgy pasts and have become "leaders." For some people with severely damaged psyches and nervous systems, perhaps they should never become "leaders"; however, if they can get people to follow them because of their charming personality, it's not my place to pull them off their horse. Sociopaths are often successful in their malfeasance because of their personal charm. If Mr. Beck was able to rescue a few thousand people and others were able to assist him in this work, my congratulations to all involved. 

I just read an account of a popular pastor who had a long running affair with a woman on his staff. He was transferred to a large  church I sometimes attended. I had no idea about his recent history at that time. I also knew one of the priests who was imprisoned during the RC pedophile scandal. Again, no idea of what he was up to. Apparently I'm not much good at reading people, if they can be read. In retrospect, I recall that the pastor had invited a woman from a Sunday church to teach a Sabbath school. She was publicly accused, during Sabbath school,  of being a lesbian. Perhaps someone else was more discerning than I. Good on Mr. Beck for his positive accomplishments.

16 hours ago, GHansen said:

According to Beck's bio, he didn't complete a single university course and spent 15 years of his life as a drug addict/alcoholic. I certainly believe in redemption. I don't fault him for his previous mistakes. I do know, however, that 15 years of substance abuse causes not only psychological but physical damage. It's amazing that people who should be sitting in the back of the congregation smiting their chests in repentance become leaders of people with exceptional education and a clean history of living i.e., people without physical, psychological, emotional damage from foreign substances, abuse, etc. 

I would suggest that this is a very judgmental, short-sighted statement about people who have problems, or have had problems with "substance abuse."  Anyone writing such things in public may be the bigger problem.  I would imagine the whole world has "emotional damage" from something these days. I remain grateful that you are not working in any treatment modalities with anyone having substance abuse history.  Credibility remains very lacking for such a statement, which I might add seems quite out of place in this topic.  There are plenty of examples of people with this kind of history who have recovered and moved on to be some of the greatest men and women working for Jesus now. I highly doubt you have any kind of even elementary qualifications to so label anyone.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

I can't quite understand why this conversation has taken the turn it has. 

It was not a plea for money in anyway. I am just very grateful with the complete and total failure in the WH there are private citizens willing to place themselves in harms way as those doing the actual rescue surely were. Whether or not he flunked out of grade school is totally irrelevant to me . At least he did not feel the need to lie about it and claim he graduated at the top of his class as the president did.

I don't know how many SDA's are in Afghanistan and their safety is not anymore important than any other christian is but would really be grateful to hear they were among the 5100

1 hour ago, BlessedMan said:

I would suggest that this is a very judgmental, short-sighted statement about people who have problems, or have had problems with "substance abuse."  Anyone writing such things in public may be the bigger problem.  I would imagine the whole world has "emotional damage" from something these days. I remain grateful that you are not working in any treatment modalities with anyone having substance abuse history.  Credibility remains very lacking for such a statement, which I might add seems quite out of place in this topic.  There are plenty of examples of people with this kind of history who have recovered and moved on to be some of the greatest men and women working for Jesus now. I highly doubt you have any kind of even elementary qualifications to so label anyone.

Andrew Fearing, speaking at a week of prayer at PUC in the mid 80s, made an impassioned plea for young SDA college students to train for the ministry. Among other things, he said ~"Don't let our church fall into the hands of former potheads and hippies."  I'm merely expressing a sentiment learned from a prominent SDA minister. If you think he's short sighted without credibility, take it up with the administrators of PUC. One former hippy turned SDA evangelist committed suicide in Angwin, not too long before Pastor Fearing's remarks. Perhaps that influenced his point of view.

Regarding the suicide of the former hippie evangelist, I just came across an article which dates it  later than the 1980s.  If that's the case, it couldn't have influenced Pastor Fearing's remarks.