ClubAdventist is back!

What Of The Seventh Day Adventists in Afghanistan

bonnie

2 hours ago, GHansen said:

Regarding the suicide of the former hippie evangelist, I just came across an article which dates it  later than the 1980s.  If that's the case, it couldn't have influenced Pastor Fearing's remarks.

I am not at all sure why you are persisting in this line. A suicide of someone decades ago for reasons that have nothing to do with getting americans out of harms way is irrelevant.

"Don't let our church fall into the hands of former potheads and hippies."  I'm merely expressing a sentiment learned from a prominent SDA minister. If you think he's short sighted without credibility, take it up with the administrators of PUC.

AGAIN this does not apply . Glenn Beck was not making any attempt to take over the SDA.

He was doing the job as a private citizen that our government refuses to do. 

I am sorry if your pressing concern in this right now is Glenn Beck and his previous life, mine is scenes like in the provided link. And a immense amount of respect for anyone that put his Christianity where his mouth is, got off his backside and according to reports saved 5100 christians.

Very few causes I will donate to, religious or otherwise. When a large share of donations goes to those at the top of a org. I do not donate. Anyone can do same as I do and check, pretty simple.

My sole purpose in posting about Glenn Beck's endeavor was scenes like the below.  And hoping and praying he would be successful 

Saying goodbye. Terri Norris,... - Honoring Fallen Marines ...

I have four sons and four grandsons.  I can only imagine being in the shoes of that grief stricken mother. The contrast between private citizens and the measures they will go to and the deliberate stupidity and callousness of the WH and pentagon is beyond the comprehension of most.
Far more important than whether or not Glenn Beck is a college graduate that graduated at the top of his class. He at least did not feel the need to lie to impress.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

On 8/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, GHansen said:

Bonnie, I don't wish to use Glenn Beck as a proxy for other incompetent individuals who have dodgy pasts and have become "leaders."

On 8/29/2021 at 9:40 PM, GHansen said:

Andrew Fearing, speaking at a week of prayer at PUC in the mid 80s, made an impassioned plea for young SDA college students to train for the ministry. Among other things, he said ~"Don't let our church fall into the hands of former potheads and hippies."  I'm merely expressing a sentiment learned from a prominent SDA minister.

Obviously, someone here is a little mixed up and is losing track of what they say.  On the one hand, "I dont want to use leaders as proxies," on the other hand, it seems quite alright.

Moral of the story here is to be accountable for what we write online and to abandon any and all attempts to blame our personally chosen conduct on church or other leaders.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

41 minutes ago, BlessedMan said:

Obviously, someone here is a little mixed up and is losing track of what they say.  On the one hand, "I dont want to use leaders as proxies," on the other hand, it seems quite alright.

Moral of the story here is to be accountable for what we write online and to abandon any and all attempts to blame our personally chosen conduct on church or other leaders.

My first thought when I read that was it would be almost impossible to be as incompetent as this administration. But more and more I am not sure it can be excused as incompetence. I am afraid we have only scratched the surface of the evil the Taliban has in store for those the US president deliberately left behind and the US. I cannot imagine the horror they are living thru, sanctioned by our government. They knew exactly what would happen and deliberately turned their back

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

3 hours ago, bonnie said:

My first thought when I read that was it would be almost impossible to be as incompetent as this administration. But more and more I am not sure it can be excused as incompetence. I am afraid we have only scratched the surface of the evil the Taliban has in store for those the US president deliberately left behind and the US. I cannot imagine the horror they are living thru, sanctioned by our government. They knew exactly what would happen and deliberately turned their back

Thanks, Bonnie. I agree, you have raised an important issue, and asked essential questions. I don't feel very well qualified to answer questions re US politics, likely because I am from Canada, but I do agree that lives are being lost in this senseless issue with the Taliban. I was replying to another forum member who seems to be needlessly interfering with the topic at hand. I hope and pray that all my friends in Christ in the US will be kept safe "under the Shadow of The Almighty."

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).

I cant speak for the other members, but there is a tendency to shift focus from the current president if not favorable. Unfortunately I think the US will have another 9/11. Why not?  We left them well equipped and confident they defeated the US. Our southern border is wide open, Come One,Come All complements of our president. I am very much afraid this will be forgotten and we will go on with the really important stuff like taking the Indian Princess off a lb of butter. George Floyd, criminal, drug addict, held a gun to a pregnant woman lost his life in Mpls. His death was wrong no doubt but not nearly as wrong and needless as our 13 service men/women. Because of the color of his skin thugs and BLM did billions of dollars worth of looting and burning. Not much noise for 13 of our men a nd women dead. I dont really think that many care . I dont think we are even close to paying the price we will