ClubAdventist is back!

Our fear of last day events...

Stan

Is not the keyword, "faithfulness"?

On God's side:

What will get us through is God's faithfulness. He will honour His promises, He will be faithful in covering us with Jesus' righteousness and saving us.

On our part:

Our part is to be faithful in clinging to Him, to be faithful in believing and trusting and submitting.

Underlined in resubmit by LHC to indicate my greatest expectations are primarily experienced by that foundational principle. As for the rest of Gail's post, you'll notice seven trumpets, indicating the perfect number of announcing trumpets announce

announceannounceannounceannounceannounceannounce

God cares! peace

BTW I found this really good radio music web page, where you can choose the many different genres of music, including Christian Gospel suitable for the Sabbath. I'm listening to "Oh, How I Love Jesus" sung by Randy Travis just past since I type so slow.

Hope your Sabbath was a happy one.

http://aolradio.slacker.com/?aolid=911

Lift Jesus up!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• Gail

• JoeMo

• phkrause

joemo - isen't that the truth (ha ha), i figure why beat around the bush as i am a straight forward type of person. and honestly, i can get a feel for this place quicker.

Everyone - i want to thank you so much for your comments, very much appreciated.

Gail - proverbs 1:23, i have read it before, but it never really sunk in (he he, i read it several times now) this is a perfect quote, thankyou.

Gail/joemo after leaning the SDA teachings, everything i had questions of in the Bible fell into place (or God has given me insight into things)but there is one bible verse (a minor one/no great significance) that i can't work out. i am reluctant to put it on the forum incase it causes a stumbling block for others. can i PM you.

Quote:

Gail - proverbs 1:23, i have read it before, but it never really sunk in (he he, i read it several times now) this is a perfect quote, thankyou.

I especially liked the way the NLT presents it.

Come and listen to my counsel.

I’ll share my heart with you

and make you wise.Proverbs 1:23 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Gail/joemo after leaning the SDA teachings, everything i had questions of in the Bible fell into place (or God has given me insight into things)but there is one bible verse (a minor one/no great significance) that i can't work out. i am reluctant to put it on the forum incase it causes a stumbling block for others. can i PM you.

Truth evolves. There have been things that I have pondered for years and then suddenly the light goes on, to God's glory.

Give it time :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 months later...

Quote:
If we truly love Him, can we ever be confident that we are "good enough", or "strong enough"? My personal experience is "no, we can't".

I don't think that comment takes into consideration the power of God's promises.

"And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."2 Corinthians 12:9 NASB

"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."1 Corinthians 10:13 NASB

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I believe that fear of the last days is a measure of where are relationship is with Christ. As Adventist, we are called to warn the world of the impending return of Christ. Unfortnately, it is difficult to do without discussing the consequences thereof. Scripture informs us that we have nothing to fear if we are ready to be with Him.

I will be truthful, and state that, that at times, the thought of the tribulation does scare me. Though I pray that God will ease my mind and will prepare me for whatever I will encounter; of course assuming that I live long enough to witness the events. I take comfort in Psalms 91:7 when my mind starts to wonder.

"A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." Amen

• Members

I believe that fear of the last days is a measure of where are relationship is with Christ. As Adventist, we are called to warn the world of the impending return of Christ. Unfortnately, it is difficult to do without discussing the consequences thereof. Scripture informs us that we have nothing to fear if we are ready to be with Him.

I will be truthful, and state that, that at times, the thought of the tribulation does scare me. Though I pray that God will ease my mind and will prepare me for whatever I will encounter; of course assuming that I live long enough to witness the events. I take comfort in Psalms 91:7 when my mind starts to wonder.

"A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." Amen

Absolutely agree.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• 1 month later...

I was driving up to an assignment over in Waco, Texas one afternoon. I was listening to a CD about the "time of trouble" by a Hebrew Roots teacher.

The Children of Israel came to the very border of Canaan, and the spies had returned. "There are giants ahead!" cried the ten spies.

Then all of Israel rose up and wept, and said, "It would be better if we had died in the wilderness."

We are standing at the border, the speaker said. I know that some of you have told the LORD, "If you just want to lay me to rest before that awful time of trouble, that would be fine with me."

He didn't have to say any more. I had to pull off the road, I was crying so hard. That was me!!! I'm 65, and I'm not much for camping out.

I don't know the HOW, but I KNOW the WHO. With HIM, "All things are possible."

That does NOT mean that I should ignore His advice to get out of the big cities.

Shalom

8thdaypriest

Quote:

I don't know the HOW, but I KNOW the WHO. With HIM, "All things are possible."

That does NOT mean that I should ignore His advice to get out of the big cities.

:like:

And if I'm not purposely trying to avoid the Master's entreaties, I have this promise to rely upon.

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."2 Corinthians 12:8-9 KJV

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I noticed I seem to be repeating myself. For that I don't apologize as it seemed to be one of the characteristics of Jesus as well.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!