ClubAdventist is back!

Who gets what?

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

The following quote from a past Loma Linda news blurb cites the extra benefits for employees' children.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Salaried University employees have the added benefit of tuition assistance for their children. If their children are attending a Seventh-day Adventist elementary school or academy, the University will pay 35 percent of the tuition fees. For children living in the dormitory at an Adventist college, the University pays 70 percent of tuition -- 35 percent tuition if they are day students.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

http://www.llu.edu/news/today/may0400/misc.htm

What I am wondering is, do the children of pastors and other denominational workers aside from university employees get extra benefits for their children's schooling as well? just wondering...

BTW, I realize that some other private universities have tuition cuts for children of their employees - and it's not just an Adventist *thing*..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Yes, some conference workers get a similar benefit as well, and I do understand that some universities do it, too.

When my son was attending the local Christian university, my girlfriend told me that I should get a job there, as the tuition for my son would be free.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Yes, they get aprox. such benefits, if they are paid by the denomination.

Gregory

Here at WWC unless you are on salary you get no help with tuition. SO as of now Paul and I get no help cause they wont put him on salary.

.....Love others as well as you love yourself.

Matt 22:39 (The Message Bible)

• Members

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Barbara said:

Here at WWC unless you are on salary you get no help with tuition. SO as of now Paul and I get no help cause they wont put him on salary.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's odd. I don't understand why a full time hourly-paid worker wouldn't receive the same benefits as a salaried worker. []http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/Rudywoofs/icon_confused.gif[/] I guess maybe it's the way it's always been done, so that's the way it stays...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

To clarify my previous comment:

1) Probably 99 5 of the ministers are paid by the denomination, and in a category where they receive such benefits. But, that leaves a few who either are not paid by the denomination, or are in a category where they do not get such benefits.

2) As to other workers, there are some people working for the Church (typically considered to be local church employees) who are not considered to be denominational employees, and do not get such.

Gregory

I had a friend once that went from being a house painter to being a kitchen worker for a Lutheran university because as a university employee of the university his girls would get a major cut in their tuition.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

For some people that may be the only way they can manage it

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It use to be the same but then there was a decision to change it.

.....Love others as well as you love yourself.

Matt 22:39 (The Message Bible)