ClubAdventist is back!

Immirgration/Migration Problem

Dr. Shane

North America is being flooded with immirgrants from Central and South America and Asia. Europe is being flooded with immirgrants from the Middle East and Africa. What does America and Europe have in common? Low birth rates among their white population.

Growing economies need more workers. Couldn't it be that white people in Europe and America are not having enough babies to fill the job positions in the growing economies? The choices are to either wind down the economies or let the workers in.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So this immigration/migration that is happening can be seens as a wonderful opportunity for developement, growth, cultural diversity, racial intermarriage, an even bigger tastier melting pot WOW.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Yes, the only problems I see are those areas that are getting a growing number of fundamental Muslims mixed in with their immirgrant populations which are causing terrorist incidents like we have seen in France and the UK.

I hear a lot of white people complain about immirgration but not too many of them are willing to have five to ten children in order to create a population large enough for a growing economy. Although I heard a few years ago that in Austraila the government was trying to get people to have larger families.

• Moderators

Yes, the only problems I see are those areas that are getting a growing number of fundamental Muslims mixed in with their immirgrant populations which are causing terrorist incidents like we have seen in France and the UK.

Nearly all those who have been involved in terror in the uk are second or even third generation Englishmen. Their families have been in the uk for maybe 50 years!

immigration is not the major factor now.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I think 10 clergy were slated for deportation after 7/7, there's aren't 1000's of clergy causing the problem I would be surprised if there were 50.

Its not an problem with too many immigrants its a law inforcement issue. Keep the extreemists out and monitor activities within

Einstein

Britain bars radical Muslim cleric's reentry

Of course the problem is limitted to a minority of the minority. My point is that immirgration is good, except when criminals or radical fundamentalists are allowed in with the rest. That is one of the biggest reasons why illegal immirgration is bad - we have no control over who comes in.

In the US, INS and CBP are law inforcement agencies.

Shane;

Quote:
My point is that immirgration is good, except when criminals or radical fundamentalists are allowed in with the rest. That is one of the biggest reasons why illegal immirgration is bad - we have no control over who comes in.

WHAT!!! These illegal immigrants wear signs now to let everyone know they are Criminals or Radical Fundamentalists? Maybe you can share with us the critiera to KNOW who are Criminals or Radical Fundamentalists.

Please tell me also what this has to do with having babies? If we need more Bodies, let's adopt some of the homeless children of the world, and train them up in the way they should go?

This is not the problem with illegal Radical Fundamentalists! It seems to me, many of the terrorists at work on 9/11 were here legally, and were not Illegal Immigrants at all! duno

The greatest want of the world is the want of men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true & honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty..., men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.{Ed 57.3}

Actually the terrorists of 9/11 had overstayed their visas which makes them illegal like about 40% of the illegal immirgrants. There are two types of illegal immirgrants. One type sneaks into the country illegally. The other type comes in legally with a visa but stays longer than the visa allows.

Immirgrants don't wear signs (let's not be silly) but if they are criminals, they have criminal records. When they apply for a legal visa to come into another country, the country they desire to go into can request a criminal background check from their country of orgin. If they have a criminal record, they are not allowed in.

Many of the radical, fundamentalist clerics do have criminal records but many do not. That is why they pose a difficulty that Mexicans, Filipinos or Chinese do not. Normally a criminal background check will tell a country if the person applying for a visa is safe or not. If the person is a Muslim cleric, that is not a safe assumtion.

But that is all a side note. The issue is the lack of population growth. Indeed if Americans and Europeans adopted more forgien babies or had less abotions, there would not be a need for so many immirgrants. However since we want small families, our booming economies need workers that we are not providing. Thus we need immirgrants.

• Administrators

Quote:
Please tell me also what this has to do with having babies? If we need more Bodies, let's adopt some of the homeless children of the world, and train them up in the way they should go?

Right-on

I was going to reframe from commenting on this subject, but fools rush in where angels fear to tread. Here goes:

Any nation in the world has every right to adequately control its boarders!

If we choose to spend our money on, for example, fast food or other conveniences, perhaps we should be prepared to pay a price which can enable the establishment to pay a "living wage" to our millions who are unemployed. And, yes, I do understand that the salary and attitude at the bottom of the food chain is reflected by the attitude at the top!

Recently I sold my home for top dollar to a young single lady, at least on her loan papers. Now the people in the area tell me there are at least 10 people living there full time and numerous "visitors". They park in the front yard, on the neighbors grass, stay up late at night, are loud, etc. Now 5 houses are listed for sale! Their property values have drastically declined. Who among us can afford to loose so much money in our most valued asset?

Who wants to raise their young children in such an invironment?

This is not an unusual situation. If you doubt it, check out some of the evolving neighborhoods.

Is this the way we want our neighborhoods to evolve?

While I'm on a roll; I personally know of many illegal’s who have been convicted of crimes, deported and within the week are back living where and how they did prior to their arrest.

Is this fair to the immigrants who are living here legally?

Many people come here to visit relatives when they know they have serious health issues. They receive necessary medical treatments ... free. And return to their homeland. Even their relatives who live and work legally are angered! It drives up the cost of health care and other necessities.

On that note: Wouldn't it be more humane to the people attempting to enter if we use a proper, enforced, screening process? How many died, were blackmailed, and last year alone were otherwise while attempting to enter illegally?

My grandparents on both sides were immigrants. They went through proper customs, learned the language … and used it … gained their citizenship and evolved into the main-stream; even though they earned meager incomes they worked hard, saved every penny, so they could send their children to school and then to college. Some attended Union, Andrews, etc. No one expected The Government to pay their way. As it were in the early 1900’s it can be done today!

I am much more liberal than most, but fair is fair!!!!

There is no moral justification for the way the US has allowed the serious lack of providing security for the people who already live here.

A democracy is in place for the good of all people!

Now that I have adequately stirred-the-pot you can tar-and-feather me.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God