ClubAdventist is back!

Democrat politicians seem to be inciting an insurrection

bonnie

I may be one of the very few that did not watch or listen to the so called Insurrection of Jan 6. But so far in all the rantings of the windbags I haven't heard that it could compare with this.  Will the "revered,and unbiased NYT" be as quick with their scathing comments condemning this type of behavior?   
June 25, 2022

Democrat politicians seem to be inciting an insurrection

Angered that the Supreme Court announced in Dobbs that abortion is not part of the Constitution but is, instead, a matter for the states to decide, a lot of leftists are announcing that they’re ready to burn down the entire American system rather than yield to the Supreme Court’s ruling. Leading the charge are sitting members of Congress, people such as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Maxine Waters. What they are demanding, and an army of activists is agreeing to do, is a classic insurrection.

Immediately upon learning about the ruling in Dobbs, Ocasio-Cortez was on the warpath:

“This decision: illegitimate,” Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez yelled into a megaphone an activist was holding.

Following the declaration that the Supreme Court’s decision is “illegitimate,” AOC called on activists to take to the streets for mass protests, language that has sparked civil unrest throughout the United States in the past.

“Into the streets,” AOC chanted repeatedly outside the High Court, according to video captured by Hernandez.

BREAKING: Congresswoman @AOC has arrived in front of the Supreme Court and is chanting that the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v Wade is “illegitimate” and calls for people to get “into the streets” | @TPUSA pic.twitter.com/jNkCYDrLtz

Maxine Waters was also in an inciting kind of mood, with a masked Rep. Al Green's silent approval:

“This turnout here? You ain’t seen nothing yet … the hell with the Supreme Court! We will defy them.” - Rep. Maxine Waters pic.twitter.com/i8fUMDiRhA

— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) June 24, 2022

There are a lot of people who are prepared to heed her call, people like Cameron Kasky, who attended Parkland High School on the day of the infamous shooting. He seems to have developed a taste for violence:

238846_5_.jpg

And Cameron is not the only one:

.@FBI @USMarshalsHQ @TheJusticeDept https://t.co/OgEysxAoDZ pic.twitter.com/lbtpRK9YIv

— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) June 24, 2022

Completely unhinged https://t.co/4S1jmHL207

“We need to burn it all down, light it on fire.” Unhinged pro-abortion activist openly calls for violence against Supreme Court Justices. @FBI pic.twitter.com/CEZSCRU4EJ

All these threats, of course, are illegal without a finding that they engaged in an insurrection. And I'm betting that by the time you read this, there will be many more such threats. There are also the demands for violent protests in the streets:

They are everywhere on Twitter tonight calling for this....? pic.twitter.com/igAIpGqQ6e

— DragonSFL (@SflDragon) June 24, 2022

We already know from 2020 that these will not be peaceful protests. They will trash cars, smash windows, loot businesses, and burn things down.

The federal code, at 18 U.S.C . § 2383, defines an insurrection along with the penalty:

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

To a sane, unemotional observer, walking peacefully through the Capitol on January 6, unarmed, after activists have removed “no trespassing” signs and (along with Capitol police) opened the doors into the Capitol, does not seem to meet the metric of “incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof.” The people in and around the Capitol were not trying to overthrow the system or deny the law of the land; they just wanted someone to check for election fraud in a bizarre election strongly affected by admittedly unconstitutional legal changes to state voting processes.

This time around, it’s a bit different. Ocasio-Cortez has explicitly stated that the law of the United States as articulated by the Supreme Court is “illegitimate” and Waters has told people to defy the Supreme Court. Both have urged people to take to the streets to overthrow the law of the land. That's incitement. Further, even as they say this, both know, or should know, that these street actions will be violent and intended to intimidate or destabilize the government. They also know that § 2383 does not have a “congressperson loophole.” No matter who you are, if you directly rebel against the laws of the U.S. in a violent way, you’re an insurrectionist.

It's actually not complicated but here’s the twist. (Of course there’s a twist.) Attorney General Merrick Garland won’t do a damn thing about Ocasio-Cortez. Waters. or anyone else. Although the AG’s office exists to enforce the laws of the United States, Garland has shown that such petty considerations do not affect him. Instead, he exists to protect the Democrat party, its values, and its politicians. He does that very well, by the way. The other part of his job description...meh. Not so much.

So, while Waters, Ocasio-Cortez, and those who think as they do have begun the first stages of a textbook insurrection, don’t expect them to face any consequences for their actions. Begin a Democrat means never having to say you’re sorry or go to jail.

Image: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calling to overthrow the law. Twitter screen grab.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

3 hours ago, Theophilus said:

Any reason to post this stuff on Sabbath? Seems the only time you come is is to moan about Democrats. 

Sorry you were offended. Sometimes the solution  to a problem we are having is so obvious  we miss it.

Let me suggest what I do with the daily posting of the NYT, Sabbath  postings included. I ignore. I have little faith in the honesty or unbiased reporting of this newspaper. They have been caught with their pants down a few to many times the past few years. So I save myself the aggravation and others are free to do as they please without me playing " thought police". You are right in that I dislike the democratic party and about 95% of the republican party. Everyday of the week.

The obvious call for civil violence by the democratic party to defy the SC should concern every citizen,any and every day of the week

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman