ClubAdventist is back!

9/11 Picture

aldona

• Moderators

What proportion of those 350,000 civilians were killed in the unnecessary war crimes of the nuclear bombings? The vast majority. Not going to go point by point, because now you're just being silly.

Truth is important

Expected that. China suffere 7.5 MILLION civilian casualties, 22 TIMES the Japanese toll. The medical experiments, the Rape of Nanking--

So the Japanese suffering was disproportianately small, something which you say we can't ignore.

Sorry about the silly logic. Unlike the cartoonist, I know it's fallacious. I'm just demonstrating it by using it in another case. If you stop using it, I'll stop replying with it.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Had there been a land-sea invation of Japan, like D-day in France, it is likely there would have been more than 350,000 civilians killed. Japan was warned we were going to use the atomic bombs before we did. Japan's refusal to surrender forced our hand.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

It is absolutely clear, and the Senate came out and reported this firmly last week, that Iraq had no connection with Al Qaeda

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

WASHINGTON — A deputy prime minister of Iraq yesterday offered a sharp contradiction of the conventional wisdom here that Saddam Hussein's Iraq and Al Qaeda had no connection before the 2003 war, flatly contradicting a recent report from the Senate's intelligence committee.

In a speech in which he challenged the belief of war critics that Iraqis' lives are now worse than under Saddam Hussein, Barham Salih said, "The alliance between the Baathists and jihadists which sustains Al Qaeda in Iraq is not new, contrary to what you may have been told." He went on to say, "I know this at first hand. Some of my friends were murdered by jihadists, by Al Qaeda-affiliated operatives who had been sheltered and assisted by Saddam's regime."

A Kurdish politician who took his high school exams from inside a Baathist prison, Mr. Salih said he was the target of the alliance between jihadists, Baathists, and Al Qaeda in 2001, when a group known as Ansar al-Islam tried to assassinate him. In 2002, envoys of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, one of the two Kurdish parties sharing sovereignty over northern Iraq between the two Iraq wars, presented the CIA with evidence that the organization that tried to kill Mr. Salih had been in part funded and directed by Saddam Hussein's Republican Guard.

Those words directly contradict a recent report from the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that declassified a 2005 CIA assessment of Iraq's pre-war ties to Al Qaeda and found that none existed

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

The whole article is here

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

• Members

Not only that I watched a documentary about 2 weeks ago. Not sure of the name of the documentary, that had this Iraqi guy, who I believe was the same guy your talking about. He was talking about these 3 germans that workded for the nazis and than were hired by sadam to put a nuclear warhead into there missles. He says that if the Us had of waited a few more days that sadam would of had the bomb and used it. He wasn't sure what country they would have used it against but I can just guess, and israel would be my quess.

just my 2 cents worth,

pkrause

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}