ClubAdventist is back!

My Sister

Dr. Shane

My sister is going to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN tomorrow for some final tests. Her cancer has spread and they are going to figure out how far. They have prepared her and the family for the worst. They expect it to be too far advanced to be able to do anything.

She is asking that all her siblings come and see her. I doubt I will be able to. I have a brother and another sister that are not likely to be able to go either. I have no vacation coming and I can't fit an airfare into my budget for a few weeks. She was hoping to see my kids which isn't even an option.

I put together a home video for her a few months ago and sent that to her. And we have been sending her cards and emails. She had half of her tounge removed so she doesn't like talking on the phone. I feel bad about not getting up there. I just don't want her to think I don't care.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The two spots in her lungs are cancer. She also has an aggressive tumor in her back which is headed for her spinal column. They plan to start her on chemo on Wednesday.

I am going to buy a ticket to fly up there in November for a weekend.

Oh Shane,

I am so sorry to hear this. It must be so hard for you, wanting to go and not being able to go.....glad that you will be able to make the trip in Nov, tho. That will be such a blessing for both of you.

You all will be in my thoughts and prayers,

Morning Glory

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

• Administrators

Shane,

I am so sorry about your sister. Will keep her in prayer. Please keep us advised of her condition.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I bought a ticket on a tourist airline that flies nonstop from here in the Valley to Minneapolis but they don't start flying until November 10. It was the only ticket I could afford.

My sister went into the ER this weekend as she had problems breathing. The doctors are trying to figure out a timeline now to tell her how much time she has left. Hopefully she makes it until November but we are not sure.

• Administrators

Shane,

I will keep your sister in prayer. I do hope she makes it until November so that you can see her. It will be important for both of you.

Quote:
I bought a ticket on a tourist airline that flies nonstop from here in the Valley to Minneapolis

Am glad the Valley is finally getting an airline that can fly nonstop anyplace. Long overdue.

• Members

Putting you and your family in and on our pray list.

Aouut your ticket, could you not go to priceline.com and bid for a better price. Just a thought. Or are you limited to time restrictions.

pkrause

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The cheapest price I got at priceline.com was over $450. I got a ticket from Sun Country Airlines for $280. I tried Expedia.com, and Hotwire.com too.

Shane;

I will pray for your sister, you, & all of your your extended families.

The greatest want of the world is the want of men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true & honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty..., men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.{Ed 57.3}

Shane;

I will pray for your sister, you, & all of your your extended families.

The greatest want of the world is the want of men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true & honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty..., men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.{Ed 57.3}

• Administrators

Praying that there will be enough time to do all your family needs to do, and that you, Shane, will bring a godly influence to this situation

May the Lord be glorified

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 weeks later...

~Shalom~

Father IN Heaven we DO pray together for the *sister of shane* in the Name Of Jesus we trust and hope; bring we ask the comfort and strngth that is needed at this time; grant also the grace to walk through this difficulttime and not alone. Raise up those who may be distant because of the fear of death and dying; nevertheless we pray Thy will be done; we know it is not outside of Your ability to bring a total healing .. we bring our friened to Your attention and hope in You to heal as You see fit.You are The L-rd Our Healer Amein

ShabbatShalom

Sincerely,Mrs.Rabbi

Shane, I pray that barring a miracle, your sister will be made comfortable, yet remain lucid, and that her remaining days will be filled with love, joy, and the careful attentions and companionship of a loving family.

Do tell us how your experience goes with Sun Country as an airline? They are fairly new and I've considered flying with them before but as yet have not done so.

"Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's." -- 2 Corinthians 10:7

• 2 weeks later...

I am flying up to Minnesota tomorrow and will be flying back on Monday. Prayers for a safe trip for me and that my family be safe while I am gone would be appreciated.

• Administrators

God go with you, Shane

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

My sister is staying with one of her daughters so I am staying here too. It is too cold here in Minnesota, I have discovered how happy I really am to live in the tropics.

• Administrators

Praying for you, your sister and all of your family.

As for the weather ... you get used to it, remember? :)

Thanks for your prayers, everyone. I am back home safe. My sister's spirits are up and she was happy to see me. I spent the whole time in her daughter's apartment with her. I didn't get much sleep so I hope to catch up a little on that tonight.

Please continue to remember her in your prayers. They are trying a new type of chemo on her and say she has a slight chance at making it.

Thanku for telling us

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

• Administrators

Hey Shane, glad to know that her spirits are improved and that you had the opportunity to spend some quality time with her. I am sure that it was a blessing for each of you.

My sister had a golf-ball tumor in her neck. A couple of weeks ago she was in the Mayo clinic in Rochester and I told her there was a local Adventist pastor there that could come up and pray with her. She asked our mother to contact him and he went up and annointed her and within two days the tumor disappeared to the naked eye. Her spirits have been up ever since.

That is wonderful news! God is so good! I'll still keep your sister in my prayers.

I'm glad you made a safe trip and are home again. I'm sure Mrs. Shane is glad you are home too!

Thanks for the update! Praise the Lord for His mercies!

:tu