ClubAdventist is back!

Bevin's daughter

Pockey

Bevin's daughter is going to Africa for a 2 year stint with the Peace Corps. She is leaving on Monday. Can we pray for her, for protection, provision, and her health.

• Administrators

Yes, may she go in peace

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thank you - much appreciated. We heard her group, including her, arrived in Malawi without incident. We don't expect to actually hear from her for several more weeks - apparently even airmail can take over a month

/Bevin

• Administrators

Hi Bevin,

Yes, I will keep her in prayer. Please keep us informed of her adventures.

Africa is a big, exciting continent and I am sure she'll return with many things to share.

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

I'm praying for her, Bevin.

What will her duties include??

I'm interested in learning what Peace Corps staff are able to do in Malawi. God bless her.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

That is a great. I will remember her in prayer. What is her name? Volunteers like that is what makes America the nation it is.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

She is one of a group of about twenty that will spread out across the country teaching high-school math and english. She is teaching math.

For security reasons, I'd rather not provide her name. The Peace Core is somewhat reticient about such things because of the possible dangers.

• Administrators

Quote:
For security reasons, I'd rather not provide her name. The Peace Core is somewhat reticient about such things because of the possible dangers.

I know all about that! My son Kevin is trying again to get a post in Africa. There are inherent dangers but I don't know of one person that I've met who's been on that continent who doesn't one day want to return

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 4 weeks later...

We have got our first letter, and managed to contact her by cell-phone today.

She had the expected couple of stomach upsets, but is in good health and morale.

They are in the midst of language and culture training, she is staying with a host family - the mom is RC and the 2 daughters SDA - she reports that almost everyone is Christian and there are lots of SDA in her area.

Another member of the group had a grande-mal seizure and is having to be sent to South Africa for treatment.

The food is different - but she is adjusting. The next big step is bargaining for food in the market place...

/Bevin

• Administrators

Hey Bevin, that is really good news. I know how much better you felt after receiving her letter and speaking with her on the phone.

Thanks for keeping us updated

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Hi Bevin,

We'll pray for her. It'll be a great experience for her.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

• Moderators

Glad you have been able to be in voice touch Bevin, the immediacy means a lot. I will be praying for your daughter and her colleagues too.