ClubAdventist is back!

Parents in hospital

GreatLakesGramma

My father in law, and then my mother, were both admitted to the hospital this week. He blacked out as he walked in the door of a store in the mall, and was in intensive care in the neurological unit. As far as I know at this point, they don't know what caused it, but plan on releasing him soon, as he is doing fine. This concerns me, because without finding and addressing the cause, it could happen again. Next time he could be behind the wheel of his car.

My dad took Mom to the emergency room with very high blood pressure and something wrong with her arm. Her blood pressure went down, but I don't know anything more than this. I thought my dad would call once they knew anything, but haven't heard any more. She is extremely chemically sensitive, and has had several life-threatening reactions in the past several months.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

My father in law is doing fine now, though they never found out what caused him to pass out. Hopefully, it was just a one-time thing.

My mother is not doing fine at all. She came home from the hospital without them finding out what caused her problems, and has been getting steadily worse ever since. She spent the night at our house Tuesday night, thinking there must be something in the air at her house that she was reacting to. But everything happened the same at our house, and she concluded that it must be the steroid eye drops she has to use to prevent rejection of her cornea transplant. She's always had problems with it.

She went to one of her doctors Wednesday, and to another one yesterday. But at 4:30 this morning she was taken by ambulance to the hospital again, and admitted. This time they are planning to run more tests than they did before, to find out what is causing this before it kills her. Her blood pressure shoots way up, and drops way down. She told me that at one point it was 196/115.

I do not believe that my mother is ready to die. She is not Adventist. She has been a member of the Methodist church since before I was born, but she does not have faith in God to save her. She still has the idea that she must earn it herself. She won't admit to that, even to herself, but I recognize it by her attitude, and by the things she does and says, because I've been at that place myself in the past.

I would very much appreciate any and all prayers that her life would be extended at least until she accepts true salvation, and that somehow God will get through to her. I can't do it. She won't listen to me, because she thinks I'm delusional or something to think that God actually speaks to us and intervenes in our personal lives.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Administrators

Yes, I will pray for your mother's recovery. Surely the Dr's will be diligent and find the real cause of her problems.

I am glad that your father is recovering.

Courage

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God