ClubAdventist is back!

Yep! I ate a squirrel

Parade Orange

Quote:
Can't Squirrels spread Rabies? Seems that would be one of many reasons not to eat them!!

Someone in the medical field correct me if Im wrong but I don't think you can get rabies from eating something infected with it.

As long as you cook it really well....[as I recall]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Hello all,

Beef tongue, liver, chicken gizzards, beef tripe (stomach lining), rabbit, squid... pig brain ONCE (I think)... these are the things that I remember my mom putting on our plates when I was a child.

In 1979, I decided to be a vegetarian. I eat a beef thing about once every 6 to 10 years.

In 1994 I worked with a retired Presbyterian theologian. He asked me what sorts of dishes I like, and we found we had a great common relish for stir-fry Asian food. I told him that as a vegetarian, I always use tofu for my 'meat'.

This intrigued him. He invited me to his home for a stir fry supper, and he asked what we would like to have. I told him that his stir-fry cooking would be great, and kindly reminded him that as Seventh-day Adventists, my wife and I eat vegetarian and only Biblically clean foods. He acknowledged that.

When we went to his home, he was in the middle of making a huge feast for us. He was cooking beef, which I assumed would be for him and his wife. In another pan, he had a smooth, white substance cut in chunks. I did not recognize it and asked him what it was. He said that he would not tell me as he wanted it to be a surprise.

As we ate the meal, my wife and I found that the white subatance was as tough and chewy as leather. Still he would not tell me what it was. We toughed it out and preferred the beef over the unknown substance.

When the meal was over, he revealed that the mystery stuff was squid! I had never had it fixed like that, and it was so long since I had it as a child, I had no clue.

I kindly and tactfully asked him why, since he knew of our diet and faith, did he impose this on us as his guests?

His answer was short and to the point:

"I wanted to see if you would practice grace."

--------------------------------------------------

Quote:
"I wanted to see if you would practice grace."

Ah, a telltailing sign of what he assumed what we believed...A legalistic religion....

Hopefully, you put him at ease....

....and promptly threw up! yuckyROFL

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw