ClubAdventist is back!

Cute

Dr. Shane

Just for the record, unlike some that will not accept Limbaugh's appology, I accept John Kerry's appology. It is kind of funny to see such an articulate man plant his foot so firmly in his mouth.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Truth be known, I think Kerry is probally right. I know our military has some of the greatest and best officers of any military in the world. However when I was enlisted, I met some of the stupidest people I ever met in my life. I think it only reasons that a lot of guys that join the military are going to be those that are not smart enough to make it on the outside. Now the military's college incentives do help to recruit college-bound kids. That is perhaps its saving grace.

Of course, I favor the draft. I don't think Kerry and I agree on that issue. BUT we have only two choices: volunteer military or a draft. If we have a volunteer military we need to recruit SO those in favor of a volunteer military (and oppose a draft) would not want to do anything to discourage recruitment. There are only two ways to raise up a military: draft or recruitment. So Kerry's mistake was saying something that discourages recruitment BUT if he were President, he may just pass a draft so we would have smarter people in the military.

Why should anyone accept Rush's apology? He basically made fun of someone with Parkinson's & said they were faking it. I'm surprised he hasn't overdosed on painkillers yet.

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why would you favor a draft? Do you know how terrifying it is for people? Why should anyone be forced to serve in the military? Military should be voluntary like it is now, not drafted. Go live in Israel where it's mandatory.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Administrators

Why should anyone accept Rush's apology? He basically made fun of someone with Parkinson's & said they were faking it. I'm surprised he hasn't overdosed on painkillers yet.

Right ON!!

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

Why would you favor a draft? Do you know how terrifying it is for people? Why should anyone be forced to serve in the military? Military should be voluntary like it is now, not drafted. Go live in Israel where it's mandatory.

Thank you Gina! The very possibility of a draft sends cold chills down my spine!

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

We accept an apology because we are not God and we cannot judge the heart. We have to take a person's words at face value. Now, if they repeat the same behavior after apologizing for it, we have reason to doubt their apology. If they committed a crime as part of their behavior, they still need to be responsible for the consequences. However, as a rule, unless we think we can judge a person's heart, we should accept a person's apology when they offer it.

Yes that is correct. One can join without a GED but they have to get it before they finish their military training and become part of the permanant military. Judges are no longer allowed to sentence men to the military.

• 2 weeks later...

Mandatory?

Oi vey.

I don't think Jesus would like that very much.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson