ClubAdventist is back!

Bush Going To Vietnam

Dr. Shane

Well he volunteered to go when he was a young pilot in the Air National Guard and now it seems he will finally make it there.

thumbsup

Bush Leaving Next Week for Trip to Asia

Quote:
It will be the president's second trip to Singapore and Indonesia and his first trip to Vietnam.

"It is a region of dynamic and transforming economies, ranging from the financial and high-tech hub of Singapore to the reforming and literally booming Vietnam," Hadley said during a White House briefing on the trip. "But it is also a region that is experiencing change and uncertainty in some sense as a result of the changing power dynamics within Asia."

Bush will meet with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung and President Nguyen Minh Triet, an economic reformer who has pushed for his country's membership in the World Trade Organization.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I wonder if he wants gold star? A medal? Ooooh, a cookie!!

:Z

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is amazing how the Viet-Namese have forgiven us for the folly of that war - considering something like 3M of them died, all so they could have control of their own country again.

I saw on the news yesterday Intel is investing about $1B in a manufacturing site their.

/Bevin

Quote:
It is amazing how the Viet-Namese have forgiven us for the folly of that war

It has been nearly 30 years...we haven't forgotten some of the lessons that they taught us...I doubt that they have forgiven us for similar lessons learned...

Quote:
I saw on the news yesterday Intel is investing about $1B in a manufacturing site their.

I wish they wouldn't ship another plant overseas. That is another continuing mistake that the CEOs are making.

And I question that our technology should go out to these people. But then I am not up on how Vietnam is doing....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Our motives in Vietnam were good. The war was a disaster for them and us. Communism hasn't brought them what they had hoped. Forgien investment holds some promise of that. The world is becoming a smaller and smaller place as time advances on. We cannot ignore other nations unless there are valid political reasons to do so (like Cuba).

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity