ClubAdventist is back!

Friend in a serious accident

alb

My friend, Colleen, was in a serious head-on collision in Iowa while away on a business trip. She sustained a "hangman's fracture" in the accident yet remarkably was conscious enough to be aware of the severity of her injuries and to insist she be transported to a trauma hospital instead of the closer community hospital. She is a critical care nurse and started the critical care nursing program at Loma Linda many years ago; her knowledge may have saved her life. If the fracture had been one inch lower, she would have been paralyzed or killed. She is in a trauma hospital in Iowa and has been fitted with a twenty pound halo. Her family (sister,sons,husband, and parents) are all here in Loma Linda; her husband is no doubt on his way to be with her. I'm no medical expert but I'm pretty sure she won't be transported to Loma Linda until she's able and that's the hard part.

I trust and am confident that God has been watching over her. Many miracles have occurred already but I'm a fervent believer in the power of prayer and would feel privileged to have my CA friends join their prayers on her behalf.

• Moderators

Oh, those terrible Iowa highways!! I remember them well....

Yes, I'll certainly pray for your friend, Alb. God is good. He's probably already putting plans in place for her to get the best treatment.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Thank you everyone. She will be going to surgery this afternoon at 4PM Iowa time. The family is pretty shaken up but very grateful she was not killed. I will keep everyone posted.

Aline

~Shalom~

Our Father In Heaven~I had MY neck borken in seven places and my back in several places as well. G-d is able to heal and save; he is able to bring a miracle. We do not always know HOW to define that miracle.

Sometimes it is still that He says*enough*WE Do Join in Prayer and ask Your divine intervention for this friend who has sufferred a great damage to her delicate consitution. Even in the midst of this remind her of Your great love and faithfulness. Let not satan bring ear to mind ..at all. May she arise within your plan to a place of healing and miracle progression that ony YOU can define. Grant her family and friends thepeace and clarityof mind to attend to FOCUSED FASTING AND PRAYER. WE trust in Your Name Jesus AMEN

SincerelyHIS,*mrs.rabbi*

CEO/Chaplain Faces OF Israel International

HealthyHebrew@teachfitness.com

ClearJewel

P.S.We will rememebr your feiend as well in Beliefnet ULTRA-Care one of my prayer and teaching forums

Thanks, Stan. God is very good! She has had no neurological deficits as a result of the accident.

The surgery she underwent fused two vertebrae together so can have more stability with the halo. With the fusion, she is expected to need the halo for only six weeks instead of three months. She is up and walking the halls of the hospital with her husband! He and the boys are doing as well as can be expected; they are very grateful for God's care.

Two other nurses were in the car with her; one had a fracture lower down the spine but is doing well and has not experienced any neurological complications either. The third person was not hospitalized.

The driver of the oncoming car that hit them had no insurance. He lost control of his car and crossed the median. It's a miracle of God's grace that no one was killed!

• Administrators

Wow!!! May God be praised!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Hello Alb

that is really good news ... so glad that no one was killed. God answers prayers

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Hello all,

My friend has returned home and is doing remarkably well. She came to church last Sabbath complete with twenty pound halo just to assure everyone she is on the mend.

Thanks to all who prayed and offered support. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Administrators

Amazing!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.