ClubAdventist is back!

It's 1938 and Iran is Germany

Dr. Shane

Netanyahu: It's 1938 and Iran is Germany; Ahmadinejad is preparing another Holocaust

Quote:
"It's 1938 and Iran is Germany. And Iran is racing to arm itself with atomic bombs," Netanyahu told delegates to the annual United Jewish Communities General Assembly, repeating the line several times, like a chorus, during his address. "Believe him and stop him," the opposition leader said of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "This is what we must do. Everything else pales before this."

Quote:
Criticizing the international community in his GA speech for not acting more forcefully in trying to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power - "No one cared then and no one seems to care now," he said, again drawing on the Nazi parallel - Netanyahu warned that Tehran's nuclear and missile program "goes way beyond the destruction of Israel - it is directed to achieve world-wide range. It's a global program in the service of a mad ideology."

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

When I see Germany and Iran in the same sentence it reminds me of the Armenian genocide...

(Oops- my bad. Last night when I went to bed I remembered that it was the Turks that killed all the Armenians, not the Persians (Iranians)

Carry on!)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

I think Iran's aquisition of Nuclear weapons would bring more security to the M-east. It will have the effect of limiting Israeli power who's activities have been the casue of much instability in that region.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I don't like the idea of governments that believe in suicide bombers, and have pledged the annilation of another nation, getting nuclear weapons. Maybe I am just a little old fashion that way.

I watched Newt Gingrich last night.

While he made a lot of sense on various topics, he never addressed the single most important question...

Why do some of the people living in some of these countries see us as the cause of their problems, and why do they think attacking us will help solve their problems?

Until we have a real, solid, answer to this question, we are going to act in counter-productive ways - such as destabilizing Iraq and turning it into a civil war - from which a dictator who does not like us is the guaranteed outcome.

There are similarities to Germany prior to WW-II. We have ruined the economy and the social order, just like the Allies did at the end of WW-I, and created a breeding ground for a dictator.

Now what should we do?

And what will happen when we do it?

/Bevin

It isn't so much about the economy as it is about radical Islam. There are a lot of poor countries that do not hate the west. Furthermore, Iran is not a poor country.

(a) "They" don't hate "the west". They have strong feelings about some specific countries

(B) "Radical Islam" is a broad brush. Most Muslims are not radical.

© There is a huge difference between a country being poor, and the citizens of that country being poor

/Bevin

Indeed radical Islam is only a small percentage of them. However about 30% are sympathetic to them. And hate is the only correct word to describe their feelings toward the west - no spin there. The president of Iran has catoragized himself as a redical by denying the Holacost and calling for the complete anilation of Isreal.