ClubAdventist is back!

Season 4 Streaming Soon

Dr. Shane

Season 4 of The Chosen was in the theaters during February and should start streaming on their app sometime during the middle of this month.  No spoilers please.  I will generalize the plot.  Things are getting intense as Jesus' ministry is coming to an end.  Seasons one and two were very light and uplifting.  Jesus was presented as a compassionate Lord that the common person can relate to.  The disciples started having some struggles during Season 3 and we saw how they deal with issues they do not completely understand.  In Season 4 Jesus starts to feel the weight of His mission.  Season 5 will be Holy Week.  It will start with Jesus triumphant entrance into Jerusalem.  Season 6 will be the crucifixion. Season 7 will be the resurrection, and the events that follow, and will end with the accession.  Season 4 is the transition where Jesus wraps up His three-year ministry and prepares for the end.  None of the twelve disciples understand it when He tells them what is going to happen.  But the creators of The Chosen have a few of His followers that do.  There is a lot of creative license used.  It strays from the Bible text.  But the overall message is what Jesus was teaching and does appear to be consistent with the Biblical message.       

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Dallas Jenkins, producer of The Chosen, posted today that legal issues will prevent them from releasing Season 4 for streaming in March as planned.  Because The Chosen is available for free on streaming, they need to constantly be looking for ways to increase revenue.  Season 4 will be available on DVD before it is released for streaming.  It will also be released pay-per-view before being released for free on streaming.

The Chosen Season 4 in the box office was released in three installments during February and earned a combined $26 million.  It is noted that February was a hard month for the box office.  Argylle, Lisa Frankenstein, Madame Web and Drive-Away Dolls were also released in February and bombed.  The Season 4 budget was $40 million, which they already earned due to streaming deals with distributors and product licensing deals.  

According to Newsweek, the legal issues are concerned with a law suit between Angel Studios (formerly Vid Angel) and The Chosen.  Angel Studies helped The Chosen get off the ground, so to speak.  Last year The Chosen switched distributors to Lions Gate.  Part of the agreement, from what I understand, is that Angel Studios would continue to have distribution rights.  The conflict now seems to be that Angel Studios wants to be able to stream The Chosen Season 4 for free as soon as The Chosen app starts streaming it for free.  I thought that was the agreement when Angel Studios allow The Chosen to switch distributors to Lions Gate.  I don't think we can trust any of the "details" that we hear. 

I have seen all the episodes of Season 4 in the theater.  I will refrain from spoiling any until they are released for streaming.

An Epic Feud Between Two Giants in Christian Entertainment Comes to a Head

• 2 months later...

Episode 1 of Season 4 will stream tomorrow (Sunday June 2).  For details regarding the dispute between The Chosen and Angel Studios you can click watch the YouTube video with Dallas giving The Chosen's side of the issue.