ClubAdventist is back!

Happy Jerusalem Day

• Members

"Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her."  (Isaiah 66:10)

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstaticapp.icpsc.co
Jerusalem municipality flags

"The Lord has chosen Zion.  He has desired it for His dwelling." (Psalm 132:13)

Yom Yerushalayim: A Day to Praise the Lord!

Peter, today is Yom Yerushalayim (Jerusalem Day), and we are celebrating the 57th anniversary of the liberation of Jerusalem.

Yom Yerushalayim is cause for everyone to rejoice!

On this day, during the 1967 Six Day War, the whole of Jerusalem once again came under Jewish sovereignty, fulfilling Bible prophecy (Jeremiah 30:18; Amos 9:11).

Israelis rejoice over Jerusalem on Yom Yerushalayim by pouring into the city's streets 
waving flags and dancing.

"The LORD will save the dwellings of Judah first, so that the honor of the house of David and of Jerusalem's inhabitants may not be greater than that of Judah."  (Zechariah 12:7)

The Holy City had been divided between Israel and Jordan after Israel proclaimed its independence in 1948, and the Arab nations attacked Israel.

During the 1948 War of Independence, Jordan wrested control of the Old City of Jerusalem where the First and Second Temples once stood.

After 1967's Six Day War, Jerusalem was, once again, under Jewish sovereignty for the first time in 2,000 years!

Jerusalem Day crowds enter the Old City.

Yeshua, (Jesus) died and rose again in Jerusalem, Abraham offered Isaac on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, King David danced before the Lord and ruled from Jerusalem, it is where the Temple once stood, and this is where Yeshua will soon return – Jerusalem – the City of God.  It is mentioned 810 times in the Bible.

The days before the 1967 war were a time of intense Arab hostility.  Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) threatened to completely destroy Israel.

While Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Iraq amassed troops to attack Israel, Israel launched a pre-emptive strike.  Despite the superior military strength of Israel's enemies, the Jewish nation miraculously won the war in just six days.

God was protecting His Holy City Jerusalem!

Once again, Israel's capital, the city in which God chose to dwell, was in Jewish hands.

"You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of Your possession; LORD, You have prepared a place for Your dwelling; Lord, Your hands have established the sanctuary."  (Exodus 15:17)

Jerusalem is central to end-time prophecy.

The Bible says that in the last days, the nations will come against Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:3; Ezekiel 38-39).

Indeed, the stage seems set for this very thing to happen.  But as much as the world community would like to re-divide Jerusalem, giving the part that Jordan briefly controlled to the Palestinians, Adonai has made it clear that He opposes dividing His land.

"I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat.  There I will put them on trial for what they did to My inheritance, My people Israel, because they scattered My people among the nations and divided up My land."  (Joel 3:2)

We encourage all Believers to earnestly pray for the peace of Jerusalem this Yom Yerushalayim.

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:  'May those who love you be secure.'"  (Psalm 122:6)

You can also bring peace to the hearts and minds of the Jewish People by helping us bring to them Yeshua and the Word of God in these last days.

"If I forget you Jerusalem, let my right hand lose its strength." 
(Psalm 137:5-6)

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60